Halloween Candy

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Are you collecting, distributing or handing out tracts?

... and on a related note... candy corn is horrible!

I’m not collecting or handing out candy (or tracts). My kid decided she wanted to skip trick or treating this year and see the new Taylor Swift movie instead. I’m all for that considering an actual ticket to her show is pretty much impossible to get, and a resale ticket is averaging nearly $4,000. Yep…not happening, kiddo! https://www.businessinsider.com/res...reputation-ticket-pitchfork-report-2023-8?amp

We won't even be home tonight until most trick or treaters are done for the evening.

I can count on one hand the number of trick or treaters that have been on our stoop in the past 18 years. Once, a kid came up and I had nothing to give him. I felt like a total jerk! The following year, I made sure I had plenty of Twix because I was determined we were going to be one of the cool houses. Nary a knock on the door. We had to eat Twix for a week.

Not doing that again...

no candy for us tonight... . trick or treating is banned in most high buildings anyway - including this one... ... and since we all decided it was too dangerous to risk going to the waikiki halloween block party this year we are not going down there to walk around either.... :confused:....we will probably just stay home and watch scary movies..... with healthy food and snacks on the table of course....;)

We're distributing. I'm not. One of my roommates is keeping an eye on the door and I'm laying low. Not my favourite time of year.

Took all our grandkids for their very first "Trick or Treating" ever! Had a Vampire, a Witch, and Spiderman! I figured that since we were out getting candy from the neighbors, it was only fair that we gave out some in return. I would say that only about 30% of the houses in our neighborhood actually participated. Lots of kids were having their parents drive them around which I do not like at all!

Even with the modest amount of participation, they got their buckets filled rather quickly and were ready to call it a night.

We always hand out, but only good Hershey's and Mars Brand candy.
Amen! Hershey's (especially Special Dark) were the best. Whoppers Malted Milk balls were great too. Milk Duds were ok... but any house that handed out Necco Wafers were subject to a late night TP job.

Since our town has gone to an event with businesses setting up at the park, our T or T attendance has plummeted. We still have a handful of old fashion, old paths, old times way T or T ers show up.

Since our town has gone to an event with businesses setting up at the park, our T or T attendance has plummeted. We still have a handful of old fashion, old paths, old times way T or T ers show up.
So many weirdos out there that would be preferable. I remember as a kid being warned about inspecting candy and throwing out anything that wasn't wrapped or had damaged wrappers. It's gotten way worse since then.

At Maranatha Baptist University (circa 1986), the third floor of Old Main was turned into a haunted house. Anyone else there, at the time? Perfect setting because people have stories about ghosts jumping out the third floor window.

candy orange slices were always my favorite..... ... but the dark chocolate covered
macadamia nuts were really good too... . trouble was if anyone in the neighborhood

was passing those out you had to make it to that house fast before they ran out of
them... they were worth changing costumes and making return trips for.... :giggle:

968cbe52-661c-4bb5-b175-458898a6cbda_1.71076061d500b9f50dd821b0dc83155e.jpeg

candyorangeslices.jpeg