Happy St. Patty's Day!

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score

I'm wearing both orange and green today... Call me ecumenical...

Go get you some corned beef which isn't very Irish but more Yiddish... And have a great day!

Last edited:
We taught our grandson (age 5) about the leprechaun this year. We built a trap to catch the leprechaun... the kid almost freaked out and didn't want to go to bed.... LOL!! The leprechaun did some devilish things last night... but left gifts, too.

I'm wearing both orange and green today... Call me ecumenical...
Ah, that explains why you're posting a song about the Irish that was written in England and performed by a Canadian band!

Go get you some corned beef which isn't very Irish but more Yiddish...

True. Corned beef and cabbage is an Irish-American tradition, as I recall. The traditional Irish meal I bacon and cabbage. Which strikes me as even more American, somehow.

we didn;t do the local hawaiian version of corned beef and cabbage for st patricks day this year... .kalua pig-n-cabbage.... because it was on sunday we went ahead with our usual post pandemic sunday after church meal - and went out to our favorite mongolian hot pot restaurant...🥘😋. ..but they did have sliced pork and beef... and napa cabbage.... and we ordered plenty of both, all of which went into the soup.... along with everything else.... .. so we didn;t completely abandon tradition.... ... even though i did not wear a green dress to church or to the restaurant.. .. ... (did wear a shiny green and gold clover pin though)...☘️...the best part it all was no after dinner clean up.... ...just a long nap after all that food.... :sleep:

910.jpeg

Last edited: