Has anyone here ever done voiceover or audiobook narration work?

AverageJoe

Elect
Reaction score
My wife and I are trying to get into voiceover and audiobook narration work. I have done voiceover work before, nearly 40 years ago, when I was doing people's greetings for their answering machines. But, it's a LOT different today. There are many things I have to learn and relearn and apply. We've got our sound booth set up and our equipment in place, and we're recording our demos at present. So, we'd like to know if anyone here has done this kind of work, and if so, has it been recently?

I can’t help you out, but I know I used to listen to a lot of audiobooks and the reader can make or break even the best of books. I guess I’d probably start with looking online for a talent agency that can specialize in that genre. I think you’ve said you’re in Tennessee, so I’d imagine the Nashville area would be a hotbed for agents.

Agents at this point aren't in the budget. We do have mentors and friends in the business who help in some areas. I'm still trying to get used to doing my own editing and producing. It shouldn't be too hard to grasp. There are plenty of YouTube videos and many coaches to help.

Agents at this point aren't in the budget. We do have mentors and friends in the business who help in some areas. I'm still trying to get used to doing my own editing and producing. It shouldn't be too hard to grasp. There are plenty of YouTube videos and many coaches to help.
I hope it works out successfully for you. Everyone deserves a break or two in life.