Has Schaap's fall humbled the FBC / HAC crowd at all?

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
I keep having interaction with FBC / HAC people in business, personal and every day interactions. In most of them,  all I see is rudeness, arrogance and hateful behavior. I am overly friendly, kind and polite with them and I get nothing close in return.

I am shocked that after the fall of their "great one" that these people have not been humbled at all.

Is this a case of "everything's alright in my Father's hose" and they do not see the sin of pride in the camp? it is not alright - they have a horrible testimony in Northwest Indiana.

I am not trying to be mean or attack them, but come on....this prideful behavior must make the community ill.

Funny, no one wants to answer this.

Yes, my Brother, I have seen this for years, and it is getting worse, not better.

Scowls.
Glares.

I think that when you tell people that they are better than someone else, you are casting a stumbling block in front of them.

Anishinaabe

16KJV11 said:
groupie said:
prophet said:
Funny, no one wants to answer this.

I wonder why that is?
Maybe because no one cares any more.
From your position, I can see that.
But some of us, who spend a lot of time in the Calumet Region, doing business, hear this from community.

They look like Zombies.  They look like they think that they are too good to talk to everyone else. 
They are rude, and treat people badly, and it does reflect on our Saviour.

You have no idea how many times I have had to answer the ?:"Why are your people like that?", or: "Why are they so unhappy?".

Anishinaabe

Your post made me think of the time I was at HAC,  and I was humbled!!! I am sure I did not portray the right attitude. I wish things would change..

My own testimony is that it took me years to get over the haughtiness not just of FBC/HAC, but the whole IFB movement. It is a performance based movement (along with some other movements even in the SBC where I now pastor).
The Bible teaches that the successful Christian life is one of simple obedience to Christ, and allowing Him to live through you. Jesus does the "performing" in you and through you. With that in mind, if someone says that I preached a good message- I get great joy in knowing that it really wasn't me that helped that person it was Jesus. I just had the privilege to participate with Him in the process.

Pastor Wilkerson is a good humble man that is NOT performance driven. There will be many who will NOT like him because of that fact. However, those who are walking in fellowship with Christ will eventually "get out of Egypt" and be humbled by His grace in their life.
"I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, YET NOT I but Christ liveth within me, and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20 GLORY!!  NO Strut NO Strain Just Jesus!

Honestly, the Schaap follies are over and the Wilkerson days have begun.  Hopefully this will all be behind us and we can move forward.  But no ...  He's reared his ugly head again. 

This weekend was platered with Schaap crying boo hoo, I got an unfair, raw deal.  He is now going to represent himself.  Maybe while he's been in prison, he got a law degree and can do that.  He's got a lot of time on his hands. 

Just go away Schaap go away! 

Still There said:
Honestly, the Schaap follies are over and the Wilkerson days have begun.  Hopefully this will all be behind us and we can move forward.  But no ...  He's reared his ugly head again. 

This weekend was platered with Schaap crying boo hoo, I got an unfair, raw deal.  He is now going to represent himself.  Maybe while he's been in prison, he got a law degree and can do that.  He's got a lot of time on his hands. 

Law degree! I'm sure he  most impressed with his own honorary degree HAC (likely printed on the FBCH mimeograph machine).

Still There said:

Jack is a fruit not the root.  The fruits will keep popping up.

When I went to hac in the 1980's from a little church in the country, JH had me convinced that all of America had her eyes on fbch and that the fate of the entire country lay at our feet. Hard to find humility when you are in that kind of atmosphere. Apparently I was not the only one who thought like this. When you feed people this type of crapola for years and years it begins to affect people.

groupie said:
I keep having interaction with FBC / HAC people in business, personal and every day interactions. In most of them,  all I see is rudeness, arrogance and hateful behavior. I am overly friendly, kind and polite with them and I get nothing close in return.

I am shocked that after the fall of their "great one" that these people have not been humbled at all.

Is this a case of "everything's alright in my Father's hose" and they do not see the sin of pride in the camp? it is not alright - they have a horrible testimony in Northwest Indiana.

I am not trying to be mean or attack them, but come on....this prideful behavior must make the community ill.

As one that has seen and heard much at FBCH I no longer have the prideful we are better than you attitude.

Many of us older ones clearly see the fallacy of big-ism and greatest-ism and the rest of the

superlative -isms.

These are both nearly always fatal diseases when inflicting both pastor and people.

JH taught us FBCH was the only hope for America. Of course that's a lie.

JH was the only one that could save America he was truly an arrogant narcissist.

His way was the only way and he knew best, just ask him. My way or the highway.

Many of us bought into that philosophy, it has nearly destroyed FBCH.

Eyes are now opened.  JH and his son and his son-in-law are now rarely mentioned any more.

As an example, on the anniversary of JH death there was no mention made of him publicly at all.

No flowers no nothing. Just like he never existed.

We do talk about our first pastor the American Baptist Allen Hill.

There are those that still worship JH memory, but they are few and far between.

I apologize to all for the rank heresy and false doctrines, even Catholic doctrines that were taught.

We no longer have a pastor that drags a verse out of context, twists it until it is no longer recognizable  and

then rants and raves about what he believes, his own private interpretation, completely disregarding the

context and what the Bible actually says.

Our present pastor routinely asks us to point out anything he says that might be contrary to scripture.

Pastor Wilkerson never says close your Bibles and look right at me, rather he encourages us to check

up on him to see if he is rightly interpreting the Bible.

This is the kind of pastor we were looking for.

We followed the listing of pastoral requirements found in Titus and Timothy while disregarding personal

opinions and mans philosophies and traditions about what a pastor should be.

We had had enough of the other kind that was always right in his own eyes.

When a mans teenage son is the World's Youngest Youth Directer and a raving whore-monger that man

should no longer be a pastor.  IMHO.

We have been reaping the whirlwind for decades because of his wicked son.

Now we see these same kind of men pastoring and completely disregarding what God says.

Once again pride and arrogance rule. We experienced this for decades at FBCH.

The men who pastored at Bro. Wilkersons former church, who had committed great sins and

unrighteousness are still at it today. They are digging the hole deeper.

Some people never learn from their mistakes.

I cringe when a guest speaker says something about the Great First Baptist Church of Hammond.

Then they brag on us and tell us how important to America we are.

I want to stand up and shout "Only God is great, we're all wicked sinners saved by grace."

Only God Is Great