Have you seen My Cousin Vinny? Did you enjoy it?

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
There's lots and lots of profanity in that movie, because that's how New Yorkers (or at least the kinds of New Yorkers the characters represented) talk.

I loved the movie.  I thought it was very funny. 

I should follow up by asking, do you think it would be wrong for a good Christian to watch "My Cousin Vinny"?  Do you think John Piper's website should do a blog entry about it? 

The Rogue Tomato said:
There's lots and lots of profanity in that movie, because that's how New Yorkers (or at least the kinds of New Yorkers the characters represented) talk.

I loved the movie.  I thought it was very funny.

I may have seen it. Can't remember exactly. But, I have seen others with profanity. That is an issue that I often wrestle with since profanity is so present in society. As a family we try and shy away from films with loud profanity, but my older two have seen movies like Back to the Future. I know Christians who would oppose that film (at least the first).

For me, nudity and sex sceens are the biggest issues regarding cinema. We didn't let my son see Insurgent, but he did see Divergent. My pastor said he had his son close his eyes during the sexual scenes in Insurgent. i am turned off by sex. Those actors really are naked, or touching. We are watching that. That offends me.

I suppose when it comes to movies some mixed standards are present in my life. I don't disagree. But, again, nudity and sex scenes seem to take things in a direction I am certain we shouldn't go.

Tim said:
But, again, nudity and sex scenes seem to take things in a direction I am certain we shouldn't go.

What you mean "we", white man?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tim said:
But, again, nudity and sex scenes seem to take things in a direction I am certain we shouldn't go.

What you mean "we", white man?

We as in humans. Both men and women. A woman can lust after a man just as much as a man after a woman.