hawaii diver-spearfisher run over by boat...

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
i don;t know this particular spearfisher... but i heard of his club men of the spear-it.
.. the other day he went diving and negliected to take a bouy or diver below marker
with him that alerts boaters of his presence....... it almost turns into a fatal mistake....

warning... there is some profanity in this... especially as the boat narrowly misses the divers head...

we always post at least one bouy holding a divers flag whenever we
are speafishing.... everyone in our group of friends who dive together
has a set up exactly like this one - a red rescue bouy with an
internationally recognized "diver below" flag.... sometimes
only one is needed.. but depending on where we are we
might post all of them... and move them along with us
as we change locations..... it can be a pain to do
sometimes.. but as the diver in the video just
learned it can also save your life......

diverdownbouyandflag1.jpeg

Wow…that’s really a miracle he wasn’t chopped like liver.
that;s happened here more than once... the last one i heard about was a surfer paddling out to the reef a few years ago... and got run over crossing the channel.... he survived but his legs were shredded to the bone.... and he said just before the boat went over him he looked up and saw a teenage girl standing at the bow looking down at him... he heard her yell toward the sterm that there was someone in the water in front of the them.... but the boat just kept going and the propeller pulled him right into it.... ... the boat continued on without stopping, and he managed to call for other surfers to help him.... but nobody got the boat information and police never found out who it was....