Heading to the Creation Museum tomorrow.

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The ALAYMAN family and some church friends are going to the Creation Museum tomorrow near Cincinnati.  ALAYboy is stoked, and can't wait to see a dinosaur. 

Anybody here been to it already?

ALAYMAN said:
The ALAYMAN family and some church friends are going to the Creation Museum tomorrow near Cincinnati.  ALAYboy is stoked, and can't wait to see a dinosaur. 

Been there, it's awesome.

ALAYMAN said:

Cincinnati? Are you going to be armed?  Should this be in the other thread? LOL!!!!
Have a great time with your family bro!

ALAYMAN said:

6enu9yge.jpg
du2uhapy.jpg

Yup...
Anishinabe

ALAYMAN said:

yjejuzav.jpg
gysuby2u.jpg
yup.

Anishinabe

Although, I live about an hour and half drive from it, and although I have driven by it half a dozen times or so, I, personally, have never been there.  My kids have a couple times. 

It just never works out for me to go.

Perhaps this summer. 

Pay extra for the planetarium - go to the one about "He made the stars also."  Blows my mind every time.

Learn something new every time I go - roughly 10 times.  A lot of reading, so I hope your kids are patient.

It's a place I'd really love to visit, and I do intend to go sometime. But sadly it won't be this year.

ALAYMAN said:

Haven't been, but we just hosted an Answers in Genesis Conference two weeks ago and it was tremendous! Hope to visit the museum soon!

You can get into Dollywood for what it costs  to get in that place! And dollywood has at least three rollercoasters!

ChuckBob

ChuckBob said:
You can get into Dollywood for what it costs  to get in that place! And dollywood has at least three rollercoasters!

ChuckBob

lol, I'm afraid that same craving for entertainment rather than sound theology is atop the wishlist for the kind of church experience many evangelicals desire today.  ;)

We had a great time, except they had a lot of exhibits and such filled with the "most ancient and reliable manuscripts".  :D

There was one presentation that we went to where a professor from Cedarville College did a 45-minute theatrical recitation of the gospel of John, relying in the NIV and NLT, which was a tad bit distracting for those who've essentially trained their brains to hear the Scriptures in KJV english.  Distractions aside, that was probably the thing I enjoyed the most.  The botanical gardens with floating bridge and petting zoo was good relief for ALAYboy.  We sort of wondered if he'd get bored after 4 or 5 hours of mostly educational stuff and exhibits, especially since he was the only child in our group, but at the end of the day he didn't want to leave the place!  God has been good to us, so very good.

The one thing that sorta shocked me was that their Lifetime Membership cost was, <gulp>, One Thousand Dollars, yep, that's 1 with three zeros behind it.  We just did the one day thing, and still ended up spending almost $180 after all the nickle and diming that went on. :'(

AIG, and the creation "science" crowd use subterfuge to preach a complete falsehood.  Why don't you people practice what you preach?

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God ... without faith it is impossible to please him"
~~Hebrews 11: 3, 6

What the author of Hebrews is clearly saying here is that if, instead of trusting the Bible, you are relying on AIG, Kent Hovind, Ken Ham, Henry Morris, and that crowd to give you confidence in your beliefs, then you don't have enough faith to be saved!

You people need to get on your knees and say the following prayer:

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

Route_70, because you identify yourself as an atheist, we invite you to post on the Apologetics forum. I have modified your privileges accordingly.

ALAYMAN said:
ChuckBob said:

ChuckBob

lol, I'm afraid that same craving for entertainment rather than sound theology is atop the wishlist for the kind of church experience many evangelicals desire today.  ;)

I would expect entertainment at either and sound theology at neither.  :p

I hope y'all had a great time!  ;D

Izdaari said:
ALAYMAN said:
ChuckBob said:

ChuckBob

I'd agree, but based on what I've heard, I'm not sure how much fun the Creation Museum lets you have if you don't buy into their twisted hermeneutics and "science."

Izdaari said:
I hope y'all had a great time!  ;D

We did, and thanks.

ddently said:
I'd agree, but based on what I've heard, I'm not sure how much fun the Creation Museum lets you have if you don't buy into their twisted hermeneutics and "science

What have you heard?

R70 said:
What the author of Hebrews is clearly saying here is that if, instead of trusting the Bible, you are relying on AIG, Kent Hovind, Ken Ham, Henry Morris, and that crowd to give you confidence in your beliefs, then you don't have enough faith to be saved!

You people need to get on your knees and say the following prayer:

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

I think you misunderstand what that verse is saying.

ALAYMAN said:
ddently said:
I'd agree, but based on what I've heard, I'm not sure how much fun the Creation Museum lets you have if you don't buy into their twisted hermeneutics and "science

What have you heard?

They frown on people informing people of the inaccuracies presented as fact in their museum. My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek, because of course they have the right to exclude contrary viewpoints.

ddgently said:
Izdaari said:
ALAYMAN said:
ChuckBob said:

ChuckBob

I'd agree, but based on what I've heard, I'm not sure how much fun the Creation Museum lets you have if you don't buy into their twisted hermeneutics and "science."

I'd be ok. As a lifelong science-fiction fan and gamer, I'm accustomed to the willing suspension of disbelief. I'm also used to being in and around politics, and know when to keep my lip zipped.  :-*