Help for Hurricane Sandy Victims

T

Timothy

Has your Church done anything to assist the Hurricane Sandy Victims?

Tomorrow my pastor and others are driving a few trucks up with food, supplies, propane, and other items much needed - our whole church donated many items along with local businesses and other churches near.

The need is great.

Please pray for these people. Pray some find Jesus in the mist of storm recovery.

Web said:
Yes, we have done things.  The only difference is, we don't brag about it on public forums.

Your definition and my definition of bragging are radically different.

I don't know if he was bragging or just letting us know what his church is doing. If he just asked if others were doing this without saying what his church did would you have asked if he was doing anything anyways. Obviously there is a great need here and it would be expected of not only his church but other churches as well to help in some way. If he was just talking about something we don't know then I'd think he was bragging - such as helping someone in their church because they have cancer or lost their job.

So if you had asked him if his church was doing something to help and he had said yes, that wouldn't be bragging. What if he had said that his church wasn't doing anything assuming that was the case? You'd call him a hypocrite or something. I guess we all learn something. Don't say what you're church is doing on the internet. What about what someone's kid did in school or some sport? I know Timothy is annoying but I think his main point is the question and not about what his church is doing. I don't get the sense that he's saying "my church is better than your church na na na na na na".

By the way I do agree in practice with what Matthew 6:3 is saying. That's why I don't give to charities through telethons. They always broadcast on the bottom of the screen who donated. I don't want everyone to know what I gave.

Timothy I think you really need to take a break from posting so many threads in week - limit it just one a week. Probably not a lot of people are going to read them anyways. So many of your threads are unnecessary. Forums like this are not Facebook. They're supposed to be for serious questions and discussions not to give us status updates.

We don't want this forum to be like the other FFF with posters like mad dog posting so many threads especially before the election. Don't be like mad dog.

Actually I changed my mind, it's probably better if you didn't post any more threads ever. If there is something you need an answer for go search for the answer somewhere else.

brianb said:
Timothy I think you really need to take a break from posting so many threads in week - limit it just one a week. Probably not a lot of people are going to read them anyways. So many of your threads are unnecessary. Forums like this are not Facebook. They're supposed to be for serious questions and discussions not to give us status updates.

We don't want this forum to be like the other FFF with posters like mad dog posting so many threads especially before the election. Don't be like mad dog.

Actually I changed my mind, it's probably better if you didn't post any more threads ever. If there is something you need an answer for go search for the answer somewhere else.

icon_eek.gif

Web said:
Matthew 6:3 says that when we give to the needy, the right hand shouldn't know what the left hand gives.  Obviously that is allegorical and not possible in the real world, but it certainly doesn't mean to be telling people on a public forum what our good deeds are.

You already have  your reward here on earth.  Hope it was worth it.

My repetition clearly defiles me.

I was simply asking a question followed by an example.

Simply asking and sharing.

Timothy said:
brianb said:

Thank you for the tip. I found a new site to help me after some Google searching.

http://atheists.org/content/contradictions-bible

;D

Hey Timothy. You are aware that Biblical contradictions are nothing to do with Hurricane Sandy? I thought so.

While I agree that you are one of the world's most irritating people, I have to concede that your heart is in the right place, so to speak. So if you feel the need to help somebody then help them. Don't get all religious about it. Religion only confuses the issue.

Also don't believe what you read about the Sword Forum. The Sword Forum didn't pack up because you were on it. The Sword Forum packed up because it was crap.

Headbutter of the Gods said:
Timothy said:
brianb said:

Thank you for the tip. I found a new site to help me after some Google searching.

http://atheists.org/content/contradictions-bible

;D

Hey Timothy. You are aware that Biblical contradictions are nothing to do with Hurricane Sandy? I thought so.

While I agree that you are one of the world's most irritating people, I have to concede that your heart is in the right place, so to speak. So if you feel the need to help somebody then help them. Don't get all religious about it. Religion only confuses the issue.

Also don't believe what you read about the Sword Forum. The Sword Forum didn't pack up because you were on it. The Sword Forum packed up because it was crap.

Perhaps Abraham Lincoln best sums things up for me when he said,  "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

We tried but since we are not a union church they refused to allow us to help.