Here is What I Will Admit

TidesofTruth

Elect
Reaction score
I am not stating that every conspiracy theory or criticism about FBC that has come down the pipe is true.  In fact many of them are not.  But some are.

However,  The worst of the worst Sin of FBCH is the cover up of the Sin that has been committed.

A ship that is as large as FBC has been perceived as always needing to personify a smooth going vessel, stable. in its ways But, it has had too many periods in its last 56 years that have swung wildly in emphasis, philosophy and even doctrine and a ship, especially  of this size should never experience such wild swings at its own hand.  I believe that these have always been a direct result of sin coverup.  Part of the covering up for sin is not only hiding the sin that has been committed but includes a misdirection of focus so the people start looking the other way making the hiding much easier.  In desperation of finding a misdirection, its seems horrible ideas were grasped onto without any true thought nor diligence and definitely without God's guidance.  Covering up sin is one of the worst treacheries against Jesus, because when one covers their sin they are telling God that His Son's sacrifice isn't enough.

James tells us:  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

That instability has hurt, scared and disillusioned many.

So many people have experience MANY First Baptist Churches of Hammond.
some will say FBCH believes this or FBCH believes that, or even Bro Hyles believes this or He believes that and yes at the time they were there he or they did.  That does not mean they believe it now.  FBCH of the mid 60's and early 70's looks nothing like the FBCH of the early 60's and nothing at all like the FBCH of the 80's.  FBCH of 2000 to 2012 looks very dissimilar to the FBCH of 2015.  You would have needed to be here through all that time to understand but in reality they are very different atmospheres. 

People grow,  And a characteristic of a True Baptist is one that opens the Bible and retraces doctrine and paths and tries to bring themselves back in line with what scripture states.  The FBC ship has thrown its wheel way to fast and hard back and forth tossing her harder than ever the last 20 years nearly shipwrecking it, at times with a deranged pseudo-captain at the helm and nearly nobody trying the wrestle that wheel from his hands and give it back to our True Captain.  Many who believed he was out of control jumped shipped, and I understand because they needed to get in their own life boat in fear of being tossed over themselves.  Some of us prayed to our True Captain and asked that this manic be fixed or removed.  I believe that our True Captain wanted to teach us a lesson on Who should be steering this ship.

So yes some of us are on the top deck just enjoying the social life with no thought of looking ahead for icebergs
Some of us are on the rail wondering if we should jump but the sea looks too violent
Some of us are in the engine room working our tails off to keep the ship moving forward.
And some are lowering the ladders and cargo nets to pick up the lost and dying.
I have found and come to accept it takes a long time to right a big ship and I dare not let the lessons go unlearned.

All I would ever ask of anyone is that you would pray us to correction.

TidesofTruth said:
I am not stating that every conspiracy theory or criticism about FBC that has come down the pipe is true.  In fact many of them are not.  But some are.

However,  The worst of the worst Sin of FBCH is the cover up of the Sin that has been committed.

A ship that is as large as FBC has been perceived as always needing to personify a smooth going vessel, stable. in its ways But, it has had too many periods in its last 56 years that have swung wildly in emphasis, philosophy and even doctrine and a ship, especially  of this size should never experience such wild swings at its own hand.  I believe that these have always been a direct result of sin coverup.  Part of the covering up for sin is not only hiding the sin that has been committed but includes a misdirection of focus so the people start looking the other way making the hiding much easier.  In desperation of finding a misdirection, its seems horrible ideas were grasped onto without any true thought nor diligence and definitely without God's guidance.  Covering up sin is one of the worst treacheries against Jesus, because when one covers their sin they are telling God that His Son's sacrifice isn't enough.

James tells us:  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

That instability has hurt, scared and disillusioned many.

So many people have experience MANY First Baptist Churches of Hammond.
some will say FBCH believes this or FBCH believes that, or even Bro Hyles believes this or He believes that and yes at the time they were there he or they did.  That does not mean they believe it now.  FBCH of the mid 60's and early 70's looks nothing like the FBCH of the early 60's and nothing at all like the FBCH of the 80's.  FBCH of 2000 to 2012 looks very dissimilar to the FBCH of 2015.  You would have needed to be here through all that time to understand but in reality they are very different atmospheres. 

People grow,  And a characteristic of a True Baptist is one that opens the Bible and retraces doctrine and paths and tries to bring themselves back in line with what scripture states.  The FBC ship has thrown its wheel way to fast and hard back and forth tossing her harder than ever the last 20 years nearly shipwrecking it, at times with a deranged pseudo-captain at the helm and nearly nobody trying the wrestle that wheel from his hands and give it back to our True Captain.  Many who believed he was out of control jumped shipped, and I understand because they needed to get in their own life boat in fear of being tossed over themselves.  Some of us prayed to our True Captain and asked that this manic be fixed or removed.  I believe that our True Captain wanted to teach us a lesson on Who should be steering this ship.

So yes some of us are on the top deck just enjoying the social life with no thought of looking ahead for icebergs
Some of us are on the rail wondering if we should jump but the sea looks too violent
Some of us are in the engine room working our tails off to keep the ship moving forward.
And some are lowering the ladders and cargo nets to pick up the lost and dying.
I have found and come to accept it takes a long time to right a big ship and I dare not let the lessons go unlearned.

All I would ever ask of anyone is that you would pray us to correction.
And that I did, and continue to do.

There is a problem, though....

We traded the Holy Spirit, for the familiar spirits of the Charismatic Movement, when we decided that we needed their music to draw a crowd or liven up the worship.

Until that is repented of, the rest is futile.

And last time I checked, you were part of that problem, TOT.

I hope you have prayerfully reconsidered.

You may not realize the candlestick is removed, and you are assembling without Christ.  It just may be.

Haklo

IFB X-Files said:
I have nothing to say about this topic but I just need to make a post.

And this is what makes you great in my eyes.

prophet said:

You may not realize the candlestick is removed, and you are assembling without Christ.  It just may be.

Haklo
I'm not sure I was part of that problem.  I won't go into details about how I pushed back but I did.  Not that there are not other issues I wish I had been stronger in but I think this one you and I have always been on the same page.

TidesofTruth said:
prophet said:

Haklo
I'm not sure I was part of that problem.  I won't go into details about how I pushed back but I did.  Not that there are not other issues I wish I had been stronger in but I think this one you and I have always been on the same page.
You defended the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir songs, which are from the Assembly of God, which is an Azusa St spinoff, which is Charismatic, and demonic in worship.

BTW, I left FBCH for that reason, primarily.
I told people that I didn't want my kids to end up possessed.

Unfortunately, I have family that didn't forsee the evil and hide themself, and are now "mpd" including my youngest sibling who ran out of a psych ward naked, last time they were in Chicago.

I know that you are up on Azusa, we've had this conversation.
And I'm sure you would ardently defend against their doctrine of devils.
But, music conveys teaching as well...

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Haklo

prophet said:
You defended the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir songs, which are from the Assembly of God, which is an Azusa St spinoff, which is Charismatic, and demonic in worship.

mmmmm Don't think that was me. 

TidesofTruth said:
prophet said:

So you didn't defend the singing of songs like "I believe"?

Haklo

prophet said:
TidesofTruth said:
prophet said:

Haklo

No I stated to JS and anyone else that would listen that the song was a rock anthem and the original version was #1 on the Billboard CCM charts for 16 weeks.  The response was . . .  "I am sure Amazing Grace was once # 1 on the charts at one time too."

Tommy Walker wrote the song and here is what he has to say about his musical influences:

I was pondering the other day those who have influenced my music and thought I'd share:
•The Eagles
•Stevie Wonder
•Kelly Willard
•Andrae Crouch
•Larry Carlton
•Koinania
•The Yellow Jackets
•Sting
•Matt Redman

I Believe, I Believe
January 24, 2014  /  Tommy Walker

I wrote this song in the midst of another season when I was struggling with my faith. One thing that happens to me when my faith is being rocked is I feel ashamed and that I am the only one who has ever struggled this way. Well, much like my song "Lord, I Believe in You", I wrote this song to help me and others like me boldly proclaim –though sometimes in the midst of the struggle – their faith and hope in Jesus alone!

There is no denying it, WORDS are powerful. James 3:3-6 warns us that what comes out of our mouths can direct our lives. I think they are especially powerful when we declare something in the midst of many people, like in a church service.

The other truth I hope to communicate with this song is how when we choose to believe, we can unexplainably find God's joy and peace. If you think about it, if you compare people who have learned how to live with a simple, child-like faith versus a pessimistic person who seems enjoy doubting, the joy level is a lot higher for the former!

TidesofTruth said:
prophet said:
TidesofTruth said:
prophet said:

Haklo

No I stated to JS and anyone else that would listen that the song was a rock anthem and the original version was #1 on the Billboard CCM charts for 16 weeks.  The response was . . .  "I am sure Amazing Grace was once # 1 on the charts at one time too."

Tommy Walker wrote the song and here is what he has to say about his musical influences:

I was pondering the other day those who have influenced my music and thought I'd share:
•The Eagles
•Stevie Wonder
•Kelly Willard
•Andrae Crouch
•Larry Carlton
•Koinania
•The Yellow Jackets
•Sting
•Matt Redman
Nope, earlier song.

Haklo