Here's what's happening....

Ok, this is where Romans 13 comes in.

Did he build the building without a permit?

He should know that he needs a permit for a sign, especially as large as that one is.

It could be a real hazard in a high wind storm and fall over and kill someone if put up improperly.

Agree BG, this assembly is wrong and shouldn't be breaking this law. They are not prohibited from putting up a sign, just not one that is bigger than city ordinances allow.

bgwilkinson said:

...except when you want to put up a fancy sign in the name of "spreading the gospel". 

FreeToBeMe said:
bgwilkinson said:

...except when you want to put up a fancy sign in the name of "spreading the gospel".
The sign the assembly wanted to out up was bigger than city ordinances allow, it wasn't the content if the sign.

Recovering IFB said:
The sign the assembly wanted to out up was bigger than city ordinances allow, it wasn't the content if the sign.

I understand that, and agree. 

My point was that some MoGs feel they can disregard Romans 13 if they can legitimize their disobedience of the law for purposes of "spreading the gospel".

That sign must of cost as much as a small building, it's huge.

bgwilkinson said:
That sign must of cost as much as a small building, it's huge.

It looks bigger than it really is.  I pass by it every day on my way to and from work....but it's still larger than city ordinance allows.

I say we all go to Grovetown, GA to riot, loot and burn down businesses until justice is served. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
I say we all go to Grovetown, GA to riot, loot and burn down businesses until justice is served.

Business,  singular. It's Grovetown.

rsc2a said:
Business,  singular. It's Grovetown.

LOL....a few years ago, you might have been on the mark with that.  I believe at one time there were more churches here than businesses.

FreeToBeMe said:
Recovering IFB said:

I understand that, and agree. 

My point was that some MoGs feel they can disregard Romans 13 if they can legitimize their disobedience of the law for purposes of "spreading the gospel".

And give them and the congregation a martyrdom complex.