Hey Haters! pt2- (Furtick's House is Bigger Than Your House...)

rsc2a said:
[quote author=subllibrm]I don't disagree. I do wonder though what vehicle you would use to rebuke Mr. Furtick (since this thread is dedicated to him and not the supposedly gay waiter).

I wouldn't use any vehicle. Given his celebrity and demeanor, I believe it would be futile. Why waste my time?
[/quote]

So what was the point of this directed at Tarheel?

"It is your business ...  Churches should be responsible for themselves as a local church, but they also need to realize they still have an obligation to the Church universal." - rsc2a

His business but not yours? As if there is a vehicle open to him not available to you.  ???

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=subllibrm]I don't disagree. I do wonder though what vehicle you would use to rebuke Mr. Furtick (since this thread is dedicated to him and not the supposedly gay waiter).

I wouldn't use any vehicle. Given his celebrity and demeanor, I believe it would be futile. Why waste my time?

"It is your business ...  Churches should be responsible for themselves as a local church, but they also need to realize they still have an obligation to the Church universal." - rsc2a

His business but not yours? As if there is a vehicle open to him not available to you.  ???[/quote]

Whether it is one's business or not isn't dependent on whether one can change the circumstance in question. (See also: tax law)

Web said:
freelance_christian said:
Web said:
freelance_christian said:
Except it reveals wrong and most likely sinful priorities on the part of a pastor to live in a multi-million dollar estate home. Quite frankly, I'm not sure that it is right for any Christian to live a life of excess and wealth in this way.

So, don't live that way.  *shrugs

So you think excessive living and Christianity are compatible?

I didn't say anything.  You did.

You certainly said "something".  *shrugs

rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

His business but not yours? As if there is a vehicle open to him not available to you.  ???

Whether it is one's business or not isn't dependent on whether one can change the circumstance in question. (See also: tax law)
[/quote]

So why the rebuke aimed at Tarheel? You give him some what for and then admit there is nothing he can do anyway.

Tarheel: None of my business and nothing I can do about it.

rsc2a: It is my business but I'm not going to do anything about it.

Whew, good thing we have that distinction made.  :-\

subllibrm said:

[/quote]

So why the rebuke aimed at Tarheel? You give him some what for and then admit there is nothing he can do anyway.

[/quote]

lol

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

Whew, good thing we have that distinction made.  :-\[/quote]

No...I corrected him when he said it was none of his business. It is his business because, regardless of what he or others want to believe, no church functions in a vacuum. The illusion of the completely independent church is just that...an illusion.

rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

No...I corrected him when he said it was none of his business. It is his business because, regardless of what he or others want to believe, no church functions in a vacuum. The illusion of the completely independent church is just that...an illusion.
[/quote]

So your inaction is morally superior to his inaction? Got it.  ::)

[quote author=subllibrm]So your inaction is morally superior to his inaction? Got it.  ::)[/quote]

No. My ecclesiology is doctrinally superior to his ecclesiology. I haven't even addressed morality.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=subllibrm]So your inaction is morally superior to his inaction? Got it.  ::)

No. My ecclesiology is doctrinally superior to his ecclesiology. I haven't even addressed morality.
[/quote]

Inactive superiority is stil inactive. But at least you can point out your superiority.  ::)

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=subllibrm]So your inaction is morally superior to his inaction? Got it.  ::)

Inactive superiority is stil inactive.[/quote]

Orthodoxy ≠ orthopraxy but thanks for trying.

[quote author=subllibrm]But at least you can point out your superiority.  ::)[/quote]

Yet you cannot say why he is correct and I am not.  ::)

rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

Inactive superiority is stil inactive.

Orthodoxy ≠ orthopraxy but thanks for trying.

[quote author=subllibrm]But at least you can point out your superiority.  ::)[/quote]

Yet you cannot say why he is correct and I am not.  ::)
[/quote]

Neither of you are doing anything about it so I see you as equally inactive. You are the one worrying about being "correct" in your inaction. I merely pointed out that the net effect is the same.

But if you have better orthodontia then congratulations. 

[quote author=subllibrm]Neither of you are doing anything about it so I see you as equally inactive. You are the one worrying about being "correct" in your inaction. I merely pointed out that the net effect is the same.

But if you have better orthodontia then congratulations. [/quote]

In short, you know what he said was wrong. You also know that my correction was legitimate. But you refuse to acknowledge this which is very odd since you earlier stated "I don't disagree" in regards to my statement. Got it.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=subllibrm]Neither of you are doing anything about it so I see you as equally inactive. You are the one worrying about being "correct" in your inaction. I merely pointed out that the net effect is the same.

But if you have better orthodontia then congratulations.

In short, you know what he said was wrong. You also know that my correction was legitimate. But you refuse to acknowledge this which is very odd since you earlier stated "I don't disagree" in regards to my statement. Got it.
[/quote]

Last word.

subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:
subllibrm said:
rsc2a said:

So your inaction is morally superior to his inaction? Got it.  ::)
[/quote]

Everything about r2d2 is superior....the underwear he purchased from Wal Mart is superior to the underwear anyone else might purchase at Wal Mart.

Tarheel Baptist said:
This is not my business any more than what happens financially at FBC Hammond or Lancaster Baptist in Lancaster....or any other church of which I'm not a member is my business.  ;)

My point is, that on the FFF, it sometimes depends on who's ox is being gored...