Hides List of Abusers

If I could, I'd vote for Voddie Baucham as SBC President. Litton just isn't cutting it.

If I could, I'd vote for Voddie Baucham as SBC President. Litton just isn't cutting it.

Voddie has stated several times he won't take the position of President, as he feels he's not qualified because of the position he now holds. Others have suggested drafting him into that position, but I don't believe that would be a good idea. Litton was a losers choice. Mike Stone or Randy Adams would have been much better choices...my choice was Adams. Stone was involved in some questionable things while in one of the entities supported by the CP.

Voddie has stated several times he won't take the position of President, as he feels he's not qualified because of the position he now holds. Others have suggested drafting him into that position, but I don't believe that would be a good idea. Litton was a losers choice. Mike Stone or Randy Adams would have been much better choices...my choice was Adams. Stone was involved in some questionable things while in one of the entities supported by the CP.

It would be great to have Voddie though. Anyway I read somewhere that someone suggested Doug Melton as President but again it's just people dropping names.

I'm SBC and have no plans to change.
There needs to be a complete housecleaning of the Executive Committee at the convention this summer. The whole EC needs to go and an outside firm be hired to do their job while the Convention decides what to replace them with. No past or present member of the EC needs to ever have any position of leadership within the SBC in any capacity again. The "400" need to be made public and class action lawsuits filed on behalf of the victims naming the individual abusers, their churches and individual members of the EC who covered up the abuse.
Jubal Sackett
I have no real argument with your suggestions. Your having no plans to change means I assume changing your church membership. I also assume your church has no plans to leave the SBC. I bet that most will follow your actions.
This is however just another front burner issue for us. The SBC is already divided by social justice and so called compromise issues which will be made worse by this report. Barring some huge compromise or revival the convention will divide in some way. Maybe a formal split but more likely a gradual withdrawal of churches like they experienced in the 60’s This is a huge straw on am already weak camel’s back.

It would be great to have Voddie though. Anyway I read somewhere that someone suggested Doug Melton as President but again it's just people dropping names.
I know several are wanting Tom Ascol....I don't. I'd rather have Randy Adams. But, I don't foresee him running again in the near future.

Litton explains the abuse. Was he too busy being "woke" he turned an eye to the controversy sorta like John Wilkerson did when he took over at FBCH?

Litton explains the abuse. Was he too busy being "woke" he turned an eye to the controversy sorta like John Wilkerson did when he took over at FBCH?
These two are in no way connected...so, why bring an IFB case into a conversation about the SBC? Still trying to make yourself relevant? Are you SBC? I don't seem to think so. Litton is a loser and plagiarizer and hasn't had an original thought in years. He only won because the conservatives in the SBC divided the vote between Randy Adams and Mike Stone. Personally, my choice was Randy Adams. Never have been a fan of Mike Stone.