History of FFF

Baptist City Holdout said:
I have put this off long enough. It is time someone said it the way it should be said. Please close your Bibles and look up at me. I want to share my heart with you.

Well, folks, it was back in the late winter of 2008, and my heart was waxing nostalgic on some things Hyles Anderson. The old ditty, "Ain't Got No Brown Socks." That is where I stumbled upon the FFF.com site. Mind you this was not the first time I had visited the site. However, in the past my eyes were holden. They were fixed, and though I read the words, I did not understand.

This time element falls within  the first few weeks of the "You Might Be A HACker" thread. The material was flowing like honey out of the rock. My memories of HAC were surging to the top of my cranium. I read of this prophet by the name of Raider. While a newbie he nurtured me in how the form works. As a sage he warned me to take it all in slowly. I learned to step back and enjoy the ride.

There have been ups and downs. A few times I made people mad when it was not my intention. There have been friends made and lost to obscurity as forms lend towards. One of the first friends along the way was Just Mama. By the end of May 2008 she unexpectedly passed away. As people who knew her commented I realized I did know her in college and ye, by her real name.

Talk about the glory days of the forum. We really blazed the trail. Oh the nights Raider and I would pass out on HACker Island from drinking too much binaca. Out time in the spotlight made the IFB of the 1970's shrink in comparison.

I remember the ecumenical time when some BJ folks joined us. Cello Chick was a joy to read. There was Sheffey who brightened our day. Gone was with us. Teri in NC was all over the place. Patriotic stirred our hearts for the flag. Smellin' Coffee gave us a kick start. I'm afraid I'm leaving someone out. There was the guy who posted.... "If I called his name, everybody in the room would know him."

Then there were organizational problems. The main thing was no longer the main thing. I don't completely understand it but the domain was no longer dominant. I was adrift in a sea of despond.

Gladly, one day Raider emailed me and said the glory has returned on fff.org. I gladly signed up. No, we aren't quite as prolific as we were earlier. I hear there were forums before the .com, and I am sure there glory was even superior. We no longer have the largest form on the internet.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Virginia posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from North Carolina posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from South Carolina posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Georgia posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Florida  posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Alabama posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Indiana  posted on the FFF. (I know. I go there sometimes.)

On and on I could go, but I can't say that anymore, because we got out of our game plan.

That my friends is my view of FFF history.
Pardon me. I must go as I have an appointment on HACker Island in a few hours with a very dear friend.

In a sincere effort to be the ?largest poster from North Carolina?, I have just finished eating an entire Key Lime Pie.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
I have put this off long enough. It is time someone said it the way it should be said. Please close your Bibles and look up at me. I want to share my heart with you.

Well, folks, it was back in the late winter of 2008, and my heart was waxing nostalgic on some things Hyles Anderson. The old ditty, "Ain't Got No Brown Socks." That is where I stumbled upon the FFF.com site. Mind you this was not the first time I had visited the site. However, in the past my eyes were holden. They were fixed, and though I read the words, I did not understand.

This time element falls within  the first few weeks of the "You Might Be A HACker" thread. The material was flowing like honey out of the rock. My memories of HAC were surging to the top of my cranium. I read of this prophet by the name of Raider. While a newbie he nurtured me in how the form works. As a sage he warned me to take it all in slowly. I learned to step back and enjoy the ride.

There have been ups and downs. A few times I made people mad when it was not my intention. There have been friends made and lost to obscurity as forms lend towards. One of the first friends along the way was Just Mama. By the end of May 2008 she unexpectedly passed away. As people who knew her commented I realized I did know her in college and ye, by her real name.

Talk about the glory days of the forum. We really blazed the trail. Oh the nights Raider and I would pass out on HACker Island from drinking too much binaca. Out time in the spotlight made the IFB of the 1970's shrink in comparison.

I remember the ecumenical time when some BJ folks joined us. Cello Chick was a joy to read. There was Sheffey who brightened our day. Gone was with us. Teri in NC was all over the place. Patriotic stirred our hearts for the flag. Smellin' Coffee gave us a kick start. I'm afraid I'm leaving someone out. There was the guy who posted.... "If I called his name, everybody in the room would know him."

Then there were organizational problems. The main thing was no longer the main thing. I don't completely understand it but the domain was no longer dominant. I was adrift in a sea of despond.

Gladly, one day Raider emailed me and said the glory has returned on fff.org. I gladly signed up. No, we aren't quite as prolific as we were earlier. I hear there were forums before the .com, and I am sure there glory was even superior. We no longer have the largest form on the internet.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Virginia posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from North Carolina posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from South Carolina posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Georgia posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Florida  posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Alabama posted on the FFF.
There was a time I could say the largest poster from Indiana  posted on the FFF. (I know. I go there sometimes.)

On and on I could go, but I can't say that anymore, because we got out of our game plan.

That my friends is my view of FFF history.
Pardon me. I must go as I have an appointment on HACker Island in a few hours with a very dear friend.

In a sincere effort to be the ?largest poster from North Carolina?, I have just finished eating an entire Key Lime Pie.
Now that's getting back into the game plan!

I joined somewhere around 2003 give or take a year. I found it thru McPhil's Spurgeon website. It was sorta addicting  :)