Home going of a long time FBC man

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
John Thrall who has been at FBC for more than 40 years passed away yesterday morning from cancer.  Funeral arrangements are incompleted but being handled by Bocken Funeral Home.  I remember he and his wife used to bring in two beautiful dogs during the spring and fall programs.  The kids would gravitate to those dogs.  They loved those dogs. 

I wonder who his children were.  :eek:

Still There said:
John Thrall who has been at FBC for more than 40 years passed away yesterday morning from cancer.  Funeral arrangements are incompleted but being handled by Bocken Funeral Home.  I remember he and his wife used to bring in two beautiful dogs during the spring and fall programs.  The kids would gravitate to those dogs.  They loved those dogs.

I remember those dogs coming to Sunday School during the program when I was in Mr. Sisson's Sunday School class - Kindergarten?  Not sure the year.  But I remember those dogs - and then that song - that song.

Maybe they won't be afraid to tell the story, now. 
The grandkids, that is, if they ever escape.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:

Anishinaabe

One of the wives had a few screws loose when they were here and in fact family tried to get him to leave here she was so abusive.  She would go off on one of the spouses right in the middle of the hall.  I remember them dropping off at one of the nurseries and she was going after him loud and hard.  I walked out of the room and told her to shut her mouth and to carry on the fight at home.  She started to raise her hand at me and I told her if she did, she would have to be picked up off the floor, no one raises a hand at me.  John Thrall's class was right across the hall.  He saw the whole thing.  I don't believe there was much contact between the grandparents and the grandkids of that son.   

Still There said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

One of the wives had a few screws loose when they were here and in fact family tried to get him to leave here she was so abusive.  She would go off on one of the spouses right in the middle of the hall.  I remember them dropping off at one of the nurseries and she was going after him loud and hard.  I walked out of the room and told her to shut her mouth and to carry on the fight at home.  She started to raise her hand at me and I told her if she did, she would have to be picked up off the floor, no one raises a hand at me.  John Thrall's class was right across the hall.  He saw the whole thing.  I don't believe there was much contact between the grandparents and the grandkids of that son. 

Ewwww!  A cat fight!!!  :)

Funeral is at FBCH main auditorium Saturday May 3, 2014 at 11:00AM.

Still There said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

kaba and I know her from the dorms, and will both concur with the screws loose statement.  In fact, I'm not certain she had even one screw that wasn't loose.

patriotic said:
Still There said:
prophet said:

Anishinaabe

kaba and I know her from the dorms, and will both concur with the screws loose statement.  In fact, I'm not certain she had even one screw that wasn't loose.

I just knew her from the old forum.  She was a little short of a full load if I recall.

Dont think she had any paddles for that boat!

No bricks and def all the screws were loose!!

Bless her heart....silly girl!

He may have been one of FBC's greatest unsung heroes.  For decades, probably starting in the early 70's, Mr. Thrall taught in Primary 1 for Sunday School and then he and his wife would lead the primary church for Primary II.  Most of FBC's membership would never see them on a Sunday morning as they were in the children's departments from 9am til probably 1pm.  The Thrall's have been very faithful to being dedicated, faithful teachers for a very long time.