Homecoming Conference

labaptist

Elect
Reaction score
Did anybody watch or attend the homecoming conference? I saw a little bit of it and was surprised that FBCH could still finance the operation in Ghana. I also saw that they had the Sunday night service in the old auditorium and it was packed/

Yes the Sunday night service was in the old building, uncomfortably full as in a bygone era.

It felt cramped and old and nostalgic, as we realized how small the old auditorium was and is.

It was an object lesson for all of us revealing the "why" of the new auditorium across the street.

We still support our missions outreach as before. The offerings are publicly published weekly.

According to the pic that was posted on FB it wasn't packed. Side section behind piano seemed empty, plenty of gaps. So full? Yes. Packed? It didn't look like it? Any thoughts on that BG?

Bravo said:
According to the pic that was posted on FB it wasn't packed. Side section behind piano seemed empty, plenty of gaps. So full? Yes. Packed? It didn't look like it? Any thoughts on that BG?

There were aprox 3,700 individual chairs including the choir.

How we ever thought we had 5,000 in this building is a mystery to me.

Est. number of people would be around 3,000 max. in attendance.  A few more than a regular English evening service.

The far east and west sections ground floor and balcony did not have very many people in them. The view from these locations has always been very poor. Other sections were uncomfortably full IMHO. People were walking over me to get out during the altar call. I sat in the center ground floor just ahead of the mezz.

The Spanish church meets in this building for their services. Their last service is at 1:30 on Sundays. So we could use it for English without interfering with the Spanish church.

I believe it was obvious to all that our new building was and is necessary if we are ever able to grow any more.

The Spanish dept. alone was very limited in the old fish building. Maybe they could have gotten 400 in that small fish auditorium, Now they can get 3,000+ in the old auditorium while we can get 6,000+ in the new one at the same time. We have room for growth and we are not packed like sardines. That is how I always felt in the old building. The pews were so close together you could barely walk between them. There was less than 36" in spacing between the pew backs. The old seating system would not pass fire codes today. Very dangerous. Spacing for the Spanish use of the old auditorium is over 36" and is 40" in many places.

God is not dead, Just "man o' god" ism. I hope and pray "man o god" ism is dead at FBC.

I was out of town, but my wife took our children and went on Tuesday night to hear Clarence Sexton. She enjoyed it very much.

She say much about the size of the crowd?

Bravo said:

Yes. Said the balcony was closed off and the main floor was relatively empty. She had never seen it like that. That lines up with what Wilkinson says about running around 3k on Sunday nights. I would guess you would get about the same crowd, with a few hundred pastors/friends showing up.

...it just hurts me to think about so I don't think about it very much. And that's all I've got to say about that.

IFB X-Files said:
Bravo said:

From the reports I've heard I'd say about 5'10" on average and around 180 lbs.  On average.

Most pastors I know blow by that average in high school.  Add another 100 lbs....

CONSPIRATOR said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bravo said:

From the reports I've heard I'd say about 5'10" on average and around 180 lbs.  On average.

Most pastors I know blow by that average in high school.  Add another 100 lbs....

LOL!  Thanks.  I wanted to add something like that but didn't know how to word it.  Perfect!