Hopelessly stuck between Indiana and Iowa

pastorryanhayden

Elect
Reaction score
I'm an east coaster.  Born and raised.  Parent's from Boston.  I've lived in plenty of places, just none west of East Tennessee.  Besides missions trips to Mexico, I've never been west of St. Louis.  Now, I've found myself hopelessly stuck between Indiana and Iowa.  (Lot's of corn.)

pastorryanhayden said:
I'm an east coaster.  Born and raised.  Parent's from Boston.  I've lived in plenty of places, just none west of East Tennessee.  Besides missions trips to Mexico, I've never been west of St. Louis.  Now, I've found myself hopelessly stuck between Indiana and Iowa.  (Lot's of corn.)

Boston explains everything..... :)

christundivided said:
pastorryanhayden said:

Boston explains everything..... :)

I  expect awesomeness from Bostonians too.

I grew up in the midwest, but have spent my married decades far from that area (including New England).  I have no fond memories of the flat land or the corn fields. 

I live in Michigan. We refer to Indiana as that flat spot between here and Kentucky.  8)

I really like Central Illinois.  The people are down to earth and its a great place to serve God and raise a family.  But when we first came here a couple years ago, I thought we'd landed on the moon.

I lived in North Carolina (Asheville) less than a year.  I made several friends there. 

I've lived in San Antonio for 8 years.  I don't know anyone here.  Even at work, people stop by to chat at everyone's cube in my section but mine.  I've tried starting conversations dozens of times.  They just look at me with a blank stare until I go away.  I "know" a few people from church, but they have no interest outside of chatting for a minute at church.  Texas may be one of the best places to live right now due to the economy, but I hate it. 

pastorryanhayden said:
I really like Central Illinois.  The people are down to earth and its a great place to serve God and raise a family.  But when we first came here a couple years ago, I thought we'd landed on the moon.

I understand.  I grew up in MI, but have lived in WI (near bluffs of Mississippi River) and KY too. Driving through Illinois, we got excited when we approached a "hill", only to realize it's some kind of cornfield mirage. 

Castor Muscular said:
I lived in North Carolina (Asheville) less than a year.  I made several friends there. 

I've lived in San Antonio for 8 years.  I don't know anyone here.  Even at work, people stop by to chat at everyone's cube in my section but mine.  I've tried starting conversations dozens of times.  They just look at me with a blank stare until I go away.  I "know" a few people from church, but they have no interest outside of chatting for a minute at church.  Texas may be one of the best places to live right now due to the economy, but I hate it.

I feel like I should give you a hug.  Bless your heart.

pastorryanhayden said:

Why you dirty "Middle-of-the-road-er!"  You are neither hot nor cold - east nor west.  You will be Spewed!

:p

I lived in Manhattan for a number of years...nothing compares.

I was born in southeastern Kentucky... we moved to Michigan ...I went to college in Indiana. I got married and have lived in south Florida 30 years....

I live 4 blocks from the house I grew up in.

subllibrm said:

I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like, and I have a very vivid imagination.  Wow! 

patriotic said:
subllibrm said:

I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like, and I have a very vivid imagination.  Wow!

My family came to this valley in 1872. Been here ever since. My granddaughters are the 6th generation born and being raised here.

I grew up in Northern Wisconsin. Big PAcker Fans! Every week would drive past the stadium! Went to college in Indiana, lived 12 years in Kentucky and had 4 children who are now die hard Kentucky Wildcat fans! Lived in the foothills, often would take field trips to the "mountains" moved to south Florida for the past 11 years and love love love living in paradise! We are still KY wildcat fans, but have been known to cheer for a couple Florida teams! East side of Florida are a lot of transplants from the New England states-thus not too friendly. (NEw Yorkers are generally loud!)  My kids now laugh at relatives that live in Wisconsin and their accents :)

admin said:
pastorryanhayden said:

Have you been to Matthiessen State Park and Starved Rock? Great place!

No, they are two and a half hours north of us.  Maybe we will someday though.  Thanks for the recommendation.

subllibrm said:
I live in Michigan. We refer to Indiana as that flat spot between here and Kentucky.  8)

True of northern and central Indiana, however southern Indiana loses its wrinkle-free guarantee and becomes Kentucky-like in its rolling hills and hollars.  We refer to Illinois as "communist controlled America", Kentucky as "little sister south" and Michigan as "an arctic mission field". 

Course I am a life long Hoosier, therefore a bit bias.... :)

We refer to Illinois as "communist controlled America"

The part of Illinois I live in is like Terre Haute, IN that has to pay constant tribute to the communist siege of the North.  (Chicago.)  Most of Illinois is very conservative, it's just the few parts that aren't (Chicagoland and East St. Louis) happen to be two of the most populous places in America.

I wish we could succeed from Chicago.