How did you handle

Just me

Elect
Reaction score
There are several former members of WHBC now posting on the ol FFF once again. (funny how that cycles)  All of us have departed at different times and of course under different circumstances.  But, while you were still at WHBC, how did you handle meeting up with those who left before you who were marked as wicked and not to be fellowshiped with?

It is funny how all of the sudden there are new people posting, me included.
There are a couple of former members that were marked as wicked, turns out they really were. I really don't care to run across them again. But the rest that left prior to me as far back as I can remember, I would fellowship with in a heartbeat. They were good people that had been marked bad. There are a number that I have run across after they left and I treated them as if nothing ever happened.  Makes for good fellowship.

Cicero said:
It is funny how all of the sudden there are new people posting, me included.
There are a couple of former members that were marked as wicked, turns out they really were. I really don't care to run across them again. But the rest that left prior to me as far back as I can remember, I would fellowship with in a heartbeat. They were good people that had been marked bad. There are a number that I have run across after they left and I treated them as if nothing ever happened.  Makes for good fellowship.

As to those who were marked as wicked and were.  Really?  hmmmm  I assume from your post you ran accross them and agreed that they are wicked for some reason or another.

Most who left were good people marked bad for just leaving no matter the reason. After all, you have to be a bad/wicked person if you no longer want to be part of the great WHBC!! 

I loved running into them and always loved seeing them while we were still members at WHBC.  It would make JAV and the clan fume when those former members showed up at football games and the current members would go out of their way to make them feel at home and talk with them.  I loved the looks on Vineyard and Ross's face.  I must admit that my motive in talking to them parcially was just to irritate Vineyard and Ross.  Then after I knew those two saw me "fellowshipping with the devils crowd" I would love to go over to them and see if they said anythig to me.  Usually they just gave me the Vineyard scrowl and turned away.  It was great. Even as the koolaid drinker I was back then.

Now that I look at the word wicked, that might not be the proper word that I should have used in talking about the couple of former members. It was more like, an aura was about them that I, along with several others didn't trust at all. I have run into them in the past and we both acted like we didn't see one another. And YES, I still felt that way about them. Maybe ''not trustworthy'' or ''wormy''' are the terms I should have used.
But that was only a couple of people out of the multitude of good folks that had left or were ran off during the time frame your asking about.
Again, back then, I would treat the multitude as if nothing had ever happened. Kinda like you would do at a football game. By the way, that's really funny, I did the same thing a few times on those and other occasions.

Now today on the other hand, as we run into former members, since I'm one myself, the topics have changed. We can talk about how going to church is alive again and not dead. Functional and not dis-functional. God Blessed, not curse felt, and on and on.

I appreciate the clarification and understand the feeling.  For the last few years my family was at WHBC anytime JAV came around I got that feeling of an evil presence like you might be talking about.  He got to be very scary in the end!! 

Well I think we left long before you did but I am sure we probably know each other.  I might be one of those ones that we saw each other and acted like we didn't.  lol!!!!!  I have felt the need to do that on a few occasions over the years.  Mostly, though, I stopped and chatted or at least acknowledge them with a "howdy" and a smile.  It is always kind of awkward at first.

I have run into some who have left WHBC but they did not tell me of that.  I knew it already but they, for some reason, did not seem to mention it.  Kind of odd because they knew we left long before them.  I wanted to bring it up and say, "What took you so long!!!'  but I never mention it or anything.

Most you see who left that place all look like they have had the burdens of the world lifted off their shoulders.  There is just a refreshing spirit about them.  It is awesome to see.

We seen Joe Finn and his wife awhile back and approached them to see what they would do. She was very friendly and talked to my wife for about 10 - 15 minutes.

Ole Joe acted as nervous as a pig at a BBQ and couldn't wait for me to stop asking him questions. He even walked away a couple times and I would follow him (generally only a few steps away acting like he was looking at something on the shelf hoping I would take the hint).

A few members have pretended like they didn't see us but for the most part members were friendly and you couldn't tell we ever left.

TruthBearer said:
We seen Joe Finn and his wife awhile back and approached them to see what they would do. She was very friendly and talked to my wife for about 10 - 15 minutes.

Ole Joe acted as nervous as a pig at a BBQ and couldn't wait for me to stop asking him questions. He even walked away a couple times and I would follow him (generally only a few steps away acting like he was looking at something on the shelf hoping I would take the hint).

A few members have pretended like they didn't see us but for the most part members were friendly and you couldn't tell we ever left.

Ha!! Bro and Mrs Finn.  Yes, I ran into them several years back. He just looked at me wide eyed and turned away but Mrs. Finn talked and was honestly happy to see me.  We talked for a good 5 to 7 minutes and Joe couldn't take it so he walked off.

About 3 months later I ran into Mrs. Finn at the store by herself and she just put her head down and walked the other way when I tried to talk with her.  Obviously Joe gave her an ear full after the first meeting.

How pathetic!!

Just me said:
TruthBearer said:

Ha!! Bro and Mrs Finn.  Yes, I ran into them several years back. He just looked at me wide eyed and turned away but Mrs. Finn talked and was honestly happy to see me.  We talked for a good 5 to 7 minutes and Joe couldn't take it so he walked off.

About 3 months later I ran into Mrs. Finn at the store by herself and she just put her head down and walked the other way when I tried to talk with her.  Obviously Joe gave her an ear full after the first meeting.

How pathetic!!

I am curious how Mrs. Finn would act when/if we see her again. We figured Mrs. Finn would get a talking too once we left about fellowshipping with those that have departed from the WHBC faith.

I know if I see Joe I will make it a point to go fellowship with him, even though I don't really care to talk to him anymore. I just want him to know that people can still be happy and doing good even though they left WHBC. I guess I am a little onery that way.

I have family that live in OKC and they say that Vineyard's church is the biggest joke of the area!