How many obey the command, Let them praise his name with dancing?

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Psa 149:3  Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre! 

and

Psa 150:3  Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! 
Psa 150:4  Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! 
Psa 150:5  Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! 

If you are not doing this when are you going to get right with God?

Can I get an Amen?

bgwilkinson said:
Can I get an Amen?

Sure!

Ist verse: Amen, aaaamen Amen, aaaamen Amen, aaaamen Amen, aaaamen

Instrumental interlude

2nd verse: aaamen, Amen aaamen, Amen aaamen, Amen aaamen, Amen

Chorus: Amen Amen Amen

Bridge: amen, Amen, AMEN , AAAAAMEN

Repeat Chorus

1st verse

Chorus

Tag: amen

bgwilkinson said:
Psa 149:3  Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

and

Psa 150:4  Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!
Psa 150:5  Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

Can I get an Amen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gFwpOjF-5o

Your wife make you watch Footloose again?

bgwilkinson said:

and

Can I get an Amen?

If you can dance then dance - as long as it praises the Lord. This is not a command for everyone just as not every one can play a musical instrument. Ultimately it's Let everyone who has breath praise the Lord. That applies to everyone.

brianb said:
bgwilkinson said:

and

Can I get an Amen?

If you can dance then dance - as long as it praises the Lord. This is not a command for everyone just as not every one can play a musical instrument. Ultimately it's Let everyone who has breath praise the Lord. That applies to everyone.

One would think that what you said would be obvious...especially to people who consider themselves such deep thinkers.

If you want to make the point that many Baptists are against all forms of bodily gyrations to music, then yes, this scripture would fly in their face.