How Many Years on the Forum?

LongGone

Elect
Reaction score
I just realized that it has been 15 years since I posted on the original forum. Hard to believe how fast time goes

15- 16 years...I came in 2000  8)

I showed up in 06/7 sometime, but don't think I ever registered until 09/10

earnestly contend

LongGone said:
I just realized that it has been 15 years since I posted on the original forum. Hard to believe how fast time goes

Have you always posted as LongGone or did you have a different forum name back then?

I found the forum when Dr Hyles passed away in 01.
Lurked for awhile before I joined.

LongGone said:

I don't know if I was on the "original" forum - probably someone here can tell me.  I think it was in 2007 or 2008 when I first found it -- I had done a Google search for Eric Capaldi - he had been much promoted by Bob Gray (TX) and others like him for a while, and then suddenly he was gone, and people refused to talk about it.  So,  I tried the Internet, and found posting about him. But I was intrigued by the posts.  I read for a while, and then joined.  When it went bad,  I was away for a while, and then came back.

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Have you always posted as LongGone or did you have a different forum name back then?

I found the forum when Dr Hyles passed away in 01.
Lurked for awhile before I joined.

Always as LongGone

I am new, but I've read most of the threads over the years. I was a part of FBCH from Beginner's Dot Barr (great lady, miss her) through the mid 80's. I didn't just leave, I flew and never looked back. I couldn't NOT hear about more scandals because I knew they were there. I'd seen them up close and way too personal! I'd had trouble finding others like me. By the late 80's, the scandal talk was bubbling over, cooking with gas! JH died.  I remember where I was and what I was doing that day.  The day had come. I didn't cry and I didn't cheer (I did make a trip to Memory Lane to see the grave myself). I was disappointed that he'd not suffer in this world for the lies and cover-ups.  Then, I remembered that God and eternity would take care of that far better than our criminal justice system could.  I stumbled upon the JS scandal one day and was not surprised--AT ALL!  I feel for and support that poor, young lady and her family.  She was blameless and groomed, taken in by one who should have helped her in her time of need, not helped himself.  I know it will haunt her forever.  I KNOW. 
Lately, I'm watching Leah Remini's Scientology Reveal series.  I find so many comparisons. How about all of you?

sawthruglassclearly said:
I am new, but I've read most of the threads over the years. I was a part of FBCH from Beginner's Dot Barr (great lady, miss her) through the mid 80's. I didn't just leave, I flew and never looked back. I couldn't NOT hear about more scandals because I knew they were there. I'd seen them up close and way too personal! I'd had trouble finding others like me. By the late 80's, the scandal talk was bubbling over, cooking with gas! JH died.  I remember where I was and what I was doing that day.  The day had come. I didn't cry and I didn't cheer (I did make a trip to Memory Lane to see the grave myself). I was disappointed that he'd not suffer in this world for the lies and cover-ups.  Then, I remembered that God and eternity would take care of that far better than our criminal justice system could.  I stumbled upon the JS scandal one day and was not surprised--AT ALL!  I feel for and support that poor, young lady and her family.  She was blameless and groomed, taken in by one who should have helped her in her time of need, not helped himself.  I know it will haunt her forever.  I KNOW. 
Lately, I'm watching Leah Remini's Scientology Reveal series.  I find so many comparisons. How about all of you?

Welcome!  The forum couch is always available for you.

Twisted, do we know each other? We left in 1983...I'm watching Scientology which is really revealing..great series.

Sherryh said:
Twisted, do we know each other? We left in 1983...I'm watching Scientology which is really revealing..great series.

I doubt it.  I don't remember any of the female students from when I was there.

Well, I do remember a girl from Tucumcari, NM.  Was that you?

Twisted said:
Sherryh said:

I doubt it.  I don't remember any of the female students from when I was there.

Well, I do remember a girl from Tucumcari, NM.  Was that you?
Tucumcari?  Wasn't that a town in one of Clint Eastwood"s westerns?

I can't watch all of this crap but I have watched a bit and the comparisons are scary.

Since 2009 on the .com version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted I was from Michigan  8)

My days w/ the FFF started on the .com version also.  I found it while googling, "Ain't got no brown socks." That was in Feb. of '08 just days after the YMBAH if thread was started. My activation date was March of '08.  It has been a road of which I have no remorse. Raider and I have crossed the country with our HACker sermons, leaving out of O' Hare every Monday morning.... 'er, wait, I digress......

Sherryh said:
Twisted I was from Michigan  8)
Speaking of, i was down in Roscommon yesterday.

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

I have watched a few episodes and my wife commented on the many similarities between our FBC experience. I don't think it is nearly as intense as I wasn't a dorm student at HAC.  I also don't know of anyone being followed, investigated or sued into oblivion for leaving FBC.

I don't share your view on JH not suffering. It may not have seemed so publicly, but I can't imagine any parent being unaffected by his children's action - specifically David. Also, his marital relationship was horrible when I was there. I understood that some type of reconciliation may have occurred between the two later in life.

The revelations that occurred in the late 80's had quite a detrimental effect on his legacy and his last years. Even though no one would accuse me of being a JH fanboy, I still find that a bit sad. I do think (originally) his intent and purpose was very noble. The fame, adulation and complete surrender of self-will that his members gave him ruined everything. The actions he took to try to protect his legacy rather than his members sealed the deal. Tragic, actually.