How much do you know about Baptists?

Even the best "Baptist" Navy Chaplains that I had encountered had something seriously wrong with their doctrine somewhere! One suggested to me that God dealt with people differently who never had the chance to hear the Gospel message. I don't think they are allowed to be dogmatic in their preaching saying that Jesus is THE ONLY WAY to heaven and they certainly cannot take exception to the false teachings of the Catholic Church or any other heretical group! Their job is to be accommodating to whatever faith or tradition the servicemember has been brought up with or has chosen to embrace.
This is true to an extent. Since a military chaplain by default is the "pastor" of all service members on the installation, it's difficult to be too hardline.

There are Chaplains from many of the different protestant denominations. The Seminary I am currently attending has a degree track specific to chaplaincy in the military. What the military requires is a seminary degree around 60-70 hours (not quite an MDiv but a MDiv would certainly be advantageous) plus licensure and ordination in a recognized denomination. There have been BBFI Chaplains, IFCA Chaplains, Christian and Missionary Alliance Chaplains, and so forth.

What stinks is that with "Protestant" you have a broad road which may include Episcopalian, Lutheran, Seventh Day Adventist, and possibly even Mormon! You just do not know what you are getting when you ask for a "Protestant" Chaplain!
You're more likely to get the Episcopalian or the Lutheran. The Adventist probably wouldn't pass muster due to the whole "Sunday worship is the mark of the beast" routine; not sure about the Mormon. When I mustered out of the Air Force, our base had two Southern Baptist chaplains, an Episcopalian, and a Catholic.

Even the best "Baptist" Navy Chaplains that I had encountered had something seriously wrong with their doctrine somewhere! One suggested to me that God dealt with people differently who never had the chance to hear the Gospel message. I don't think they are allowed to be dogmatic in their preaching saying that Jesus is THE ONLY WAY to heaven and they certainly cannot take exception to the false teachings of the Catholic Church or any other heretical group! Their job is to be accommodating to whatever faith or tradition the servicemember has been brought up with or has chosen to embrace.
My nephew was an assistant to the chaplain in the area of Iraq where he was deployed at the time. He was disillusioned because he couldn't present the gospel fully because of military guidelines. He went into another area of service after he was seriously injured in an IED explosion. He refused to be involved in the things of God for several months because of his experiences. Though he left serving for a while, he is now finally back in the service of the Lord and working with his wife in the church they attend.

My nephew was an assistant to the chaplain in the area of Iraq where he was deployed at the time. He was disillusioned because he couldn't present the gospel fully because of military guidelines. He went into another area of service after he was seriously injured in an IED explosion. He refused to be involved in the things of God for several months because of his experiences. Though he left serving for a while, he is now finally back in the service of the Lord and working with his wife in the church they attend.
I had far more liberty to proclaim the gospel as a regular enlisted man than any Chaplain did! At least that was the way things were back in the 80s, no telling what it is like these days.

Mike S*******, Arno Q Weniger's son in law (The president of Maranatha Baptist Bible College from about 1983-1998), was an Army Chaplain in Afghanistan. Solid doctrine, presented the gospel to thousands. Dale Goetz, a friend of mine, died Aug 30, 2010 in Afghanistan. He went to Maranatha and Central Baptist Seminary in Minneapolis. Dale was a fearless witness and strong defender of truth. (https://thefallen.militarytimes.com...etz, one of five,White from 2000 through 2003.

1687210655657.png

Well, not one question about Jack Hyles, Deuteronomy 22:5, or whether secondary vs tertiary separation regarding Billy Graham. I'd say the questions were irrelevant of true Baptist History (except the ones about IFB and Trail of Blood 😁).
That's basically why I'm not wasting my time listening to this thing! LOL

Apparently not, you’re here.
I've been around Baptist Churches long enough to know they're not for me. Not all Baptist Churches are fundamentalist. I left a United Baptist Church. Instead of the sermons being uplifting/edifying, everything was about Trinity - and what everybody is doing and believing wrong.

Orthodoxy leads to orthopraxy. hmmmm, I wonder what led to David Koresh, Jonestown, Heaven’s Gate?

Instead of the sermons being uplifting/edifying, everything was about Trinity - and what everybody is doing and believing wrong.

So, really, you're just complaining that they don't complain about the things you want them to complain about. Say, Calvinists and Baptists.

So, really, you're just complaining that they don't complain about the things you want them to complain about. Say, Calvinists and Baptists.
Complaining - it drives people OUT of church. Christianity is going downhill because of all the complaining - one Christian complains and demonizes another...

I complain about the complainers.

Orthodoxy leads to orthopraxy. hmmmm, I wonder what led to David Koresh, Jonestown, Heaven’s Gate?
reminds me of something i heard not long after the heavens gate mass suicide..... when they searched the cults house they found a survivor huddled under the kitchen sink.... ....when they ask him if he was hiding out to avoid the fate of the others - he said no... he had just gotten confused about what kind of comet they were looking for...... :rolleyes: .....

I know there are two kinds of baptist...........There are baptist, then there are mountain goat baptist- > Baaaaaaaaptist

:)