How much were school bills when you went to HAC?

HAC_Rebel2014

Elect
Reaction score
I graduated in 2014. I paid $1250 each month in total each month.  I also must admit...I wouldn't have made it if I had tithed every Sunday.  I would get emails from the discipline committe about why I didn't tithed after telling the truth on the activity reports.

HAC_Rebel2014 said:
I graduated in 2014. I paid $1250 each month in total each month.  I also must admit...I wouldn't have made it if I had tithed every Sunday.  I would get emails from the discipline committe about why I didn't tithed after telling the truth on the activity reports.

Welcome!

I assume you were single and living in the dorm?

That seems insanely high, even for 2014.  Triple of when I was a student. I left not long before that, makes me wonder why my salary was so low.

I think mine was a total of $700 a month, maybe a bit less from 1990 - 93.  The GI bill paid about $300 of it over the entire 3.5 years I was there.

@Twisted Yes, I was single living in the dorms. That also didn't cover for books and other small things like the key rental for dorm and post office plus the "free" laptops given to us by brother Schaap in 2011.  It was rough having to work 3rd shift and then getting whacked on the thigh with a huge Bible from a staff member because I would be knocked out in chapel.

@16KJV11 I wish it was $700.

HAC_Rebel2014 said:
@Twisted Yes, I was single living in the dorms. That also didn't cover for books and other small things like the key rental for dorm and post office plus the "free" laptops given to us by brother Schaap in 2011.  It was rough having to work 3rd shift and then getting whacked on the thigh with a huge Bible from a staff member because I would be knocked out in chapel.

I worked 3rd shift too.  What a treat it was to get up at 4am Sunday morning, drive to Illinois school bus, pick up a bus, drive to the college to pick up your workers, drive to Addison , IL, pick up your bus kids, bring them to church, teach Sunday school, drive them back to Addison, go to Elgin, IL to pick up night bus riders, drive the 70+ miles back to night church,  be on the nods through PM church, drive your bus back to a meeting place in Chicago, switch from driving to sitting on the preacher boys night bus, get screamed at by idiots for the 45 minute ride back to HAC, get off the bus and go directly to my 3rd shift job at Dietrich Industries in Hammond, work 8 hours until 7am, go home, dive in the shower, go directly to college for a 9AM class, sit in classes for 3-5 hours including chapel , finally getting home around 1:30pm, Monday afternoon to my steel mansion (trailer) in Gary, off of Ridge Road...
Sorry for hijacking the thread, just felt like rambling over memories.

HAC_Rebel2014 said:

$700 was a lot of money when you made 5.50 to 6.50 an hour. (I had a car, insurance, tithe, etc. as well...)  Later on I made as much as $11 an hour at Dietrich, but at that time, I had a wife, two cars, a city Baptist bill, a trailer, lot rent, electricity, fuel oil, a bus route, well, you know the drill...

16KJV11 said:
I think mine was a total of $700 a month, maybe a bit less from 1990 - 93.  The GI bill paid about $300 of it over the entire 3.5 years I was there.
Even that seems high for off campus. The current handbook for off campus shows the cost at $4800 a year for a full up to 18 hours.

I was an on campus during that time, and I want to say I was paying around $475-500 a month for everything? I am trying to locate an old handbook, if someone has one from the early 90's, let me know.

Looking at the 2013-2014 catalog, a full time in campus student paid $8600 a year in tuition and room and board which is $1075 monthly, or $1187.50 if you included the registration fee into the 8 month payment plan.

I was there from ?94-?99 and tuition and room and board was around $600 a month....and I only made $6/hr at Americall

I was there from '73 to '77; and I think room, board and tuition was around $3200 for the year. My last calendar year, 1976, working at UPS I made just over $10,000. I was putting my younger brother through Christian school at Baptist City that year as well.

If I recall correctly, it was $2600 per semester for tuition/room/board when I attended from Sept 1979 through 1982.