Howdy!

A

arctobear

Hi there.  I used to lurk on the old board as keyboardplayer.  I posted occasionally, but the site was kind of hard for me to navigate.  I actually just discovered that there was a new site when I checked into the old forum.

Welcome!  You'll find this place easy to navigate and a bit friendlier than the other place.  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Well it does seem a lot easier to navigate.  I like vBulletin, but when you use a screen reader, those rep bars are very annoying.  Also, the old site took absolutely forever to load new pages.  I've never seen a site that slow.  I used to have a mobile device, a braille notetaker, which was what I used the site on back in 2009.  The stupid thing would usually crash when I went there. 

Also, I'm IFB, not that I agree with everything that goes on in certain churches.  Is this site as anti-IFB as the other site was?  How much different is this new board from the other one?

arctobear said:
Also, I'm IFB, not that I agree with everything that goes on in certain churches.  Is this site as anti-IFB as the other site was?  How much different is this new board from the other one?

There are IFB here as well as others.  You should recognize quite a few.  In the midst of a myriad of opinions, the admin has kept this a civil place. 

Well, not sure how many I'll recognize, as I don't know a lot of people.  I guess I'd know them by their post, though, and our signature piano lick if there are any piano players.  Sorry, that was bad, and nobody seems to get that, even at my church.  It just seems to happen when we play.

Welcome, fellow IFBer.  This is a civil site, but don't be afraid to argue - just be civil about presenting your views.

Do you also introduce each song with the last 2-4 measures of the chorus?

Welcome arctobear! Yes... this place will remain more civil than the other.
However, we are lightly moderating, so please feel free to debate/discuss freely!

Binaca Chugger said:
Welcome, fellow IFBer.  This is a civil site, but don't be afraid to argue - just be civil about presenting your views.

Do you also introduce each song with the last 2-4 measures of the chorus?
Yup, and in the southern gospel style, oh horror of horrors, lol.

Welcome ....we're glad you found us...you will love this site  :)