Huk, Sherryh and others: ARE YOU OK?

Let us know how you are doing in the face of that weather . . .
We came out mostly okay as far as my personal house goes—just a lot of flooding near my area, but minimal wind damage. I own a sliver of a small family fishing cabin on the Steinhatchee River, so I’m assuming that’s been wiped out. I’ll let my father-in-law worry about that because he lives closer and is the majority owner. I heard there was a 16 ft storm surge. The eye of the storm was in Keaton Beach, which is only about twenty miles from Steinhatchee. Thanks for asking.

Hurricane update: Our family fishing cabin in Dixie County came out mostly okay, just some minor flood damage and major tree cleanup. Some updating and handyman repairs were already needed, so the hurricane just gave us an excuse to no longer procrastinate. We’re far enough upriver that we didn’t have the major tidal surge as the folks downstream in Steinhatchee. 🙏🏻

Im in south Florida no problems here . I'm on the East coast thank you Lord we had no problems......

Im in south Florida no problems here . I'm on the East coast thank you Lord we had no problems......

I'm real glad you're ok. Is the "east" coast, the Atlantic side or the Mexican Gulf side? I once went on a cruise and we started out on the Mexican Gulf side, making stops in Sarasota, Ft Myers, Estero and Naples. We also went to a little place called Ave Maria. Then, we went across "alligator alley" and ended up in Miami and then we went up the A1 through Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood and several other places I don't remember the names of, until, we reach Cape Canaveral where we embarked upon the ship. Then, after the cruise, we went to St Augustine (which was my favorite). Do you live anywhere any of those places? Anyway, I'm glad you are ok.

Last edited:
I'm in West Palm Beach. Many blessings

I'm real glad you're ok. Is the "east" coast, the Atlantic side or the Mexican Gulf side?
In Florida, the “East Coast” is the Atlantic side, and the hurricane happened on the Gulf of Mexico, which is the western coast. The remainder of Florida’s regions are bit ambiguous (geographically speaking), but it goes something like this: 1694773887451.jpeg