Humorous HAC Stories

BALAAM said:
rsc2a said:
The story explicitly stated the purpose was to belittle the girl.

Who do I call out? People who call themselves Christ-followers yet seem to have no compassion for the least of these. If you can show where I've attacked the downtrodden, I would like to know so I can correct my actions.

Actually R2 this is hackers to a tee! They love the downtrodden and the poor bus kids in Chicago with no hope or family but can't stand the Christian person in the room they live in. Always had a hard time understanding that.

Two things:

1)  Bingo!
2) Bless his heart.

rsc2a said:
The story explicitly stated the purpose was to belittle the girl.

Who do I call out? People who call themselves Christ-followers yet seem to have no compassion for the least of these. If you can show where I've attacked the downtrodden, I would like to know so I can correct my actions.

The best thing you can do is to remove the mote from your eye.

Another from the Owen Ivey collection.  Owen, I, and several other Hackers worked second shift as janitors at Prairie State College.  One evening before we went to work we stopped at a McDonalds.  When we walked in the place was filled with cub scouts.  They were all in line and were chattering like crazy.  Owen looked at me and said, "Watch this".  He gave a loud, "Heeeeeeyaaaa!!  The whole place went into dead silence.  One of the troop leaders looked at Owen and said, "How did you do that?"

RAIDER said:
Here's another one from the Owen Ivey collection.  Mark Crockett loved playing intramural football.  He was a good athlete and was the QB for one of the teams.  Owen had taken the job as the announcer at the game.  At this time in HAC history (early/mid '80s) the announcer would stand on the sidelines with a megaphone and announce the downs, yards to first down, etc.

Mark was having an unusually bad game.  Owen was walking the sidelines as well as walking through the bleachers.  Mark had a bit of a temper in the heat of a sport's battle.  Mark threw an interception and I said to Owen, "I dare you to announce the interception."  Owen smiled and shouted through the megaphone. "Crockett throws an interception".  Mark looked up in the stands and gave Owen a dirty look.

As fate would have it, Crockett's bad luck was not over.  A couple of sets of downs later he threw another interception.  Owen looked up at us, put the megaphone to his mouth and said, "Crockett throws another interception".  This time Mark yelled at Owen.

Yes, I was praying for a third interception.  Yes, it happened!  This time Owen was up in the bleachers.  He shouted out through his megaphone, "Crockett throws his third interception".  Without hesitating, Mark left the field while yelling and headed up into the bleachers after Owen.  Owen saw him coming and was able to avoid him .

We laughed so hard we cried.  A humorous HAC story for sure!

I CAN believe you are using a Mark Crockett bad game to boost your posting numbers on the FFF. Anything for the numbers!