Hysterical

<sigh>

...with respect, this is a classic example of why the younger generation in the IFB movement is politely (and sometimes not so politely) more and more ignoring the older generation. This isn't even logical, let alone compelling. If you want to make your case not to change - a case I think desperately needs made and is worth making - this isn't how to do it.

Tom Brennan said:
<sigh>

...with respect, this is a classic example of why the younger generation in the IFB movement is politely (and sometimes not so politely) more and more ignoring the older generation. This isn't even logical, let alone compelling. If you want to make your case not to change - a case I think desperately needs made and is worth making - this isn't how to do it.

Everyone needs to change. IFBdom has always needed to change.

The irony of condemning people for using their IPad to find the Scripture while using the internet to promote your "old time religion" is clearly missed by you!

Though I don't agree with Trieber that the use of technology should absolutely verboten, he does glance a blow off some truthfulness about identifying where somebody is going.  When pragmatism drives your theology and technology is allowed unfettered reign you risk making technology an idol.

ALAYMAN said:
Though I don't agree with Trieber that the use of technology should absolutely verboten, he does glance a blow off some truthfulness about identifying where somebody is going.  When pragmatism drives your theology and technology is allowed unfettered reign you risk making technology an idol.

My librul freebird pastors did a whole team taught series on the threats of modern electronics in the life of a believer. Neither mentioned using an electronic bible though. But they do realize that the connected life is causing a disconnect in families and church.

subllibrm said:
ALAYMAN said:

My librul freebird pastors did a whole team taught series on the threats of modern electronics in the life of a believer. Neither mentioned using an electronic bible though. But they do realize that the connected life is causing a disconnect in families and church.

Got a link?

If not, what "disconnect" did they identify.

ALAYMAN said:
subllibrm said:
ALAYMAN said:

Got a link?

If not, what "disconnect" did they identify.

In a nutshell; if you are so tied up in internet activity that there is detrimental effects to your real world relationships something is "disconnected" and not for the good.