I am shocked!

If President Obama who  opposed "born-alive" bills that had to do with preserving abortion rights, colored the White House in rainbow colors to celebrate homosexual marriages, constantly praises Islam while bad mouthing Christianity, claims to be a Christian, why can't they?  If a man can reject half of the New Testament scriptures and claim to be a Christian why can't they?  If.... (fill in the blank), then why can't they?

A Christian pastor from Africa visited my church recently and explained how he dealt with polygamy which is common where he pastors.  If a man with two or more wives wanted to join the church he was welcome to attend but he was required to attend Bible studies and learn what the scriptures said about his particular situation. 

There are some cultures where things are practiced that are clearly unscriptural but if no one teaches them what is right or wrong how will they know?  In America there are young people that are taught from kindergarten that homosexuality is acceptable and even a good thing.  That is what the churches are now faced with on what was once universally condemned.  If a homosexual couple wants to join or be part of the leadership a requirement to attend Bible studies to learn why the church cannot approve such lifestyles might be wise.  Certainly all churches today had better have some sort of  charter explaining their scriptural views or face legal action.

TH... This isn't true. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biscuit1953 said:
A Christian pastor from Africa visited my church recently and explained how he dealt with polygamy which is common where he pastors.  If a man with two or more wives wanted to join the church he was welcome to attend but he was required to attend Bible studies and learn what the scriptures said about his particular situation. 

And then do what?

IFB X-Files said:
biscuit1953 said:

I would like to hear what he teaches about this.  The only thing mentioned in the NT about only having 1 wife is if you want to be a pastor or deacon.
I wasn't actually in the service when he talked about it but from what I understand he didn't bar the man from joining but did require him to attend Bible studies.

IFB X-Files said:
rsc2a said:
biscuit1953 said:

And then do what?

Well, obviously take the excess wives out into the bush and come back alone.

That used to work until poor Cecil was killed.

Patebald said:

I stand corrected and apologize for believing the post without confirming its truthfulness!
Having seen the NY Times article from last October, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I'm glad it's not true, but wasn't surprised when I thought it was...I need to work on my skepticism factor!
:)

Tarheel Baptist said:

Patebald said:

I stand corrected and apologize for believing the post without confirming its truthfulness!
Having seen the NY Times article from last October, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I'm glad it's not true, but wasn't surprised when I thought it was...I need to work on my skepticism factor!
:)

Listen man... The condition of the American church would lend itself to such insanity but I know this situation personally and knew it wasn't true.