I got a confession to make

Well, I got Karl Barths', Mr neo orthodoxy himself, book on Romans...even some William Barclay books. Also some Wesley/arminian commentaries. :eek: And I even got EAC signer Timothy George's NAC commentary on Galatians.
I concede and humbly bow at your feet!

OK, confession time...

Every Christmas my parents' little church puts on a community turkey dinner for anyone who wants to come. I help with the food prep the day before, but I have no job on Christmas day during the event apart from helping in the dish pit afterward from time to time.

So when people started to arrive, I just staked a claim at an empty table to see who would join me.

Little did I know I'd spend most of the evening having a conversation with a Jesuit priest from Poland, essentially a missionary to the local Ojibwe community.

OK, confession time...

Every Christmas my parents' little church puts on a community turkey dinner for anyone who wants to come. I help with the food prep the day before, but I have no job on Christmas day during the event apart from helping in the dish pit afterward from time to time.

So when people started to arrive, I just staked a claim at an empty table to see who would join me.

Little did I know I'd spend most of the evening having a conversation with a Jesuit priest from Poland, essentially a missionary to the local Ojibwe community.
I think that would be a fascinating conversation.

OK, confession time...

I don't know... Sounds pretty ecumenical to me...🧐

As long as we're confessing, I still have a Catholic New American Translation that I received while I was in the Service AND an old Dake's Study Bible! (Dake was an old Pentecostal Evangelist)
The Dake notes are...interesting. Some of them are square on the money and others are, let's just say, way unorthodox. Those notes, for instance, are where Benny Hinn got the notion that each member of the Trinity has their own separate spirit, soul, and body.

I can't do the Dake thing any more. With age, my eyesight has deteriorated to where the small print necessary to work in all those notes is illegible to me.