I got turned in!

Once I was called into Dr. Jorgenson's office and accused of dating a City Baptist lady teacher. The accusation was that I was meeting her at places without a chaperone. He also wanted to know if I had given her an unapproved cassette tape. The truth was, we were not dating. I was engaged to another girl in the college. The only time I ever saw that teacher was when I worked security at City Baptist. I had copied a cassette tape from a friend while sitting at City Baptist. His copy had been approved. She came in to City Baptist and heard the tape and loved it(Southern Gospel). I loaned it to her. She gave it back to me at the beginning of school the next year. I was called into Dr. J's office on the 2nd or 3rd day of school. After explaining myself to Dr. J I walked out of his office and straight to my room on admin1. no more than 5 minutes later Duke Morales walks in and asks if I had an unapproved cassette. I said, "No Sir, but I do have one to bring you to get a sticker put on it." He responded by telling me that was not the way it works, and I would be receiving 50 demerits.
My dad was VERY loyal to Dr. Hyles and thought there was no better college, but when I began to detox from HAC and told him that story, he said if he had known what had happened he would have pulled me out of HAC on the spot.
I had an opportunity to play basketball at Univ. North Alabama, I wish I would have taken advantage of the opportunity. I would have received a better Bible education there.
You might be sitting there thinking I am bitter. That is the last thing I am today. I am delivered from bondage that I experienced during those days.  This story is just the tip of the iceburg of what I encountered.
I believe there were good people who served there, but there were many shallow and haughty people who served there as well. Many who wanted the "power" that Dr. Hyles had. Idolatry is the word that describes what I encountered.

kaba said:
SwampHag said:
RAIDER said:
I had a roommate at Baptist City that was from Georgia.  He was working a full time job second shift job, falling asleep in classes, and missing his girlfriend back home.  He complained all the time and wanted to quit.  He car pooled to work.

Another roommate and I decided to help him make his decision to go back home.  While he was at work we loaded all of his possessions in his car.  We put his girlfriends picture on his dashboard.  We took down his bed and dresser and put them in storage.  We literally emptied his room.  We left a note on the floor telling him that we wanted to help him be happy.

Well, when he came home he didn't find much humor in our actions.  I had my door locked and I slept on a top bunk.  He literally kicked the door it, grabbed my mattress, and pulled it down to the floor with me on it.  He went crazy!  he said he was turning us in the next morning.

After chapel my name was read along with his name and my accomplice's name.  As we walked toward Dean Meister's office he was saying, "You guys are really going to get it.  This is going to be it".  I have to admit, I was a bit nervous. 

I can still see Meister reading the story.  Honestly, I don't know how he stopped from laughing.  After he finished reading he gave us a lecture on "practical" jokes vs "impractical" jokes.  I sad, "I'm sorry, we will go back to the dorm and put everything back".  Meister said, "Ok, now get out of here!"

I can still see the offended roommate steaming as we walked down the hall.  I started smiling and he threatened to turn me in again.

I need to remind Preacher of this story....LOL

I've only heard bad stories about Meister at college, but my husband has nothing but good to say about him! At the almost end of spring term, my husbands mother died. Mr. Meister was the one to tell him. He was very understanding and kind, and for that I am grateful to him.

He is 100% Marine.  Still.

RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:
I did turn myself in once.

You might be a Hacker if........

I did too, for lying on an activity report, and got an explusion suspended out of it. But my conscience stopped hassling me and that was more than worth it.

I worked with Phyllis Waters.  I called her P-waters.  Someone with no sense of humor turned me in to Dean Mitchell.  He called me in and scolded me.  I think that's when I started really despising self-righteous people.  P-waters....really???? Hahahahaha!

Did I get turned in?

So many possible posts, So little time.

The thing to remember was that underneath the job titles, Jim Jorgensen, Ray Highfill, and Bob Hooker were really good guys at heart. Just don't get on their bad side. If you had demerits, avoid Sam Sprunger at all costs. lol

cast.sheep said:
I worked with Phyllis Waters.  I called her P-waters.  Someone with no sense of humor turned me in to Dean Mitchell.  He called me in and scolded me.  I think that's when I started really despising self-righteous people.  P-waters....really???? Hahahahaha!

That's a good one!  A perfect example of a Hacker looking for someone to turn in.

The first time I remember being turned in.

I was in training for HAC Security. I was training during a church service walking hallways outside the auditorium and the SS building hallways. I was in dressed in plain clothes per the prescribed security handbook. Come to find out, the staff guy training me that night turned me in for not wearing a sport coat during church.

Ray Highfill quickly removed those demerits.

Last day of school - I think it was 1984, Right before the Kids Throw Up Program, Dr. J. read a list of people to meet in his office afterwards. My name was on the list, but thought nothing of it since I did Work Scholarship under him, not usually directly, but every so often I would be in his office. Thought nothing of it. When  I went to his office and got in line, he had me set up a timer to meet that night. 'Er, this didn't sound good. It was important enough that our meeting was to be during the evening Seniors honoring mom and dad program.

When I came in, he said he just called for me because he did not know the other guy the note he had received was about and felt I could answer for the both of us. He read a note from another male student, fortunately now, I do not remember who. At the time I did. The note Dr. J. had received detailed an afternoon I and another male student had spent on campus in public at all times. We had gone bowling, did the mini golf, Liberty Square. We cut up, laughed, had a light hearted time shortly before the end of the school year.

Anyway, the observer had to have spent several hours monitoring us. He indicated his concern of us being gay and felt this should be looked into. Dr. J. asked me if that was true. I said no. He said that was fine and he didn't believe it anyway. Not that I knew him well, but I do feel, if Dr. J. had not known me at all, this would have been dealt with in a much more detail manner.

Goes to show you can have too much fun in the eyes of some HACkers.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Last day of school - I think it was 1984, Right before the Kids Throw Up Program, Dr. J. read a list of people to meet in his office afterwards. My name was on the list, but thought nothing of it since I did Work Scholarship under him, not usually directly, but every so often I would be in his office. Thought nothing of it. When  I went to his office and got in line, he had me set up a timer to meet that night. 'Er, this didn't sound good. It was important enough that our meeting was to be during the evening Seniors honoring mom and dad program.

When I came in, he said he just called for me because he did not know the other guy the note he had received was about and felt I could answer for the both of us. He read a note from another male student, fortunately now, I do not remember who. At the time I did. The note Dr. J. had received detailed an afternoon I and another male student had spent on campus in public at all times. We had gone bowling, did the mini golf, Liberty Square. We cut up, laughed, had a light hearted time shortly before the end of the school year.

Anyway, the observer had to have spent several hours monitoring us. He indicated his concern of us being gay and felt this should be looked into. Dr. J. asked me if that was true. I said no. He said that was fine and he didn't believe it anyway. Not that I knew him well, but I do feel, if Dr. J. had not known me at all, this would have been dealt with in a much more detail manner.

Goes to show you can have too much fun in the eyes of some HACkers.

Seriously, the guy who turned you in has probably come out of the closet since then. 

Is Matthew 18 erased from all the bibles at HAC?

subllibrm said:
Is Matthew 18 erased from all the bibles at HAC?

Why? Are the words quit and compromise in that chapter?

One year I got turned in for being down at the lake kissing my boyfriend on a Saturday.......the only thing is I wasn't dating anyone at that time and I was on my bus route ? Thankfully we had sign in sheets on the girls bus so I could prove it

My last year I got called it to speak with Mrs Grafeton and my fiancé got called in to Bro Highfill's office....someone had turned us in saying we had been holding hands in chapel......wasn't true ?

Angelface2011 said:
One year I got turned in for being down at the lake kissing my boyfriend on a Saturday

I'm not so concerned about you kissing your boyfriend down by the lake.  I am concerned that it was on a Saturday when both of you should have been bus calling!!

I do believe that a true Hacker felt it was a badge of honor to turn people in.  I think they thought it would put them in good standing with the staff and faculty.

I got turned in for sitting too close to my brother in chapel.

I also got demerits once for inappropriate dress which at the time left me feeling mortified.  I worked in the DoW's office every afternoon.  I wore a green sweater to classes one day but took it off in the office as I was warm and nobody saw me back in that converted bathroom.  (There was still a shower head poking out of the wall by my typewriter!)  The DoW's secretary informed me that my skirt was too tight and that I should go change.  She didn't tell me she was giving me demerits so I was surprised/mystified/mortified when they appeared on my record.

Is this the school with the band-aid requirement?

RAIDER said:
Angelface2011 said:
One year I got turned in for being down at the lake kissing my boyfriend on a Saturday

I'm not so concerned about you kissing your boyfriend down by the lake.  I am concerned that it was on a Saturday when both of you should have been bus calling!!

But it wasn't me.....?

My girlfriend who played piano was in the doorway of one of the downstairs practice rooms and I was in the doorway of the hallway headed upstairs from as Peddler's way. Ray Highfield came around the corner and gave us demerits for talking because of the time(I forget the exact time but Peddlers Way was still open). You could have driven a bus between us...sideways. Anyhow the offense was written up like we were doing something racy like "inappropriate conduct with member of opposite sex".