I guess the Gothard movement has died

TimbauxRioux

Elect
Reaction score
Years ago, here in New Orleans, there was a healthy number of families from SBC, Assemblies of God and Non-Denom who were faithful in attending all those meetings they had.

I lost contact with just about all of them but was in Tickfaw not long ago and sat down with one of the more faithful followers of the Gothard movement. She took out her computer and showed me a bunch of articles.... I knew there was a problem with Bill Gothard's brother... but not the rest of the stuff.

Does anyone know if there is even still a ministry for Gothard and ATI or whatever it was? Has it all shut down?

Just to clarify, I mean no disrespect to those who were involved in that group. All of them that I knew personally were good folks with good intentions.

Most of the Gothard crew that I knew  over the years are still working with his stuff I think.

that is interesting... maybe its just a local thing.. we dont see any ads in churches for that group.

Admin... please do! my brother used to go to church in abita... good folks up there.

admin said:
NOLA and north shore are some of our favorite places.

Are you hard of hearing or deaf? We are visiting our neice at Gaulladet next Saturday. We sign, but are from the old school of Signed Exact English. :(

Ahh... S.E.E.    one of my seminary interpreters was S.E.E. and it gave me a headache..all those initialized signs... she even signed "need" with an "N" and "must" with an "M". I wanted to jump through the ceiling.

I am Deaf from Deaf family. I am the only one really Deaf-cultured, the others went the other way.

admin said:
TimbauxRioux said:
Ahh... S.E.E.    one of my seminary interpreters was S.E.E. and it gave me a headache..all those initialized signs... she even signed "need" with an "N" and "must" with an "M". I wanted to jump through the ceiling.

Yikes!!! I am learning ASL and so are my girls.

I no longer sign TRUCK with a "t" nor a CAR with a "c"

Thats a start... down here..for educational purposes we use some initialized signs. ASL.... ..looking at about a 12,000 word vocabulary. and you would be surprised how few of those 12,000 words we actually use. I go all over the south and southeast and see signs I havent seen in 20 years.