I love hot Bibles

and the losers of the robert palmer sound alike contest - are ........ :oops:.. o_O...:confused:

to me it;s like they tried lifting both the style and rhythm of robert palmer - meshing the sound in a
few of his songs together... and failed miserably at all of it.... even the motions and movement of
the backup singers - though subdued.. throw horrifying hints at being palmer inspired....
..... either way it all comes off really bad...

...and i know i could be wrong about all of this.... but even if i am - they are not dressed for the
weather they trying to create.... :whistle:

Last edited:
for the sake of music and the love of it too - i hope i am wrong........ but listen
to this for a few minutes and see what you think......

at the very least it might kill the ear worm.... it did for me.....:cool:

Last edited:
This is terrible, but it's burrowing into my brain like a Ceti eel from Wrath of Khan. Someone please help.

Is this the cult that denies the Deity of Christ and believes that Christ was crucified with two thieves and two malefactors = total of four crucified with Christ?

At least they are not letting the ladies touch those phallic electric guitars!:giggle:

Is this the cult that denies the Deity of Christ and believes that Christ was crucified with two thieves and two malefactors = total of four crucified with Christ?

I assumed The Way International is the cult, yeah. (A cult never endowed its members with talent!)

I assumed The Way International is the cult, yeah. (A cult never endowed its members with talent!)
true.... the un-forked family tree philosophy of most cults - regarding dating and marriage.. tends to curtail the development of talent among it;s members... . (or i should say the produce of it;s members)...

to me it;s like they tried lifting both the style and rhythm of robert palmer - meshing the sound in a
few of his songs together... and failed miserably at all of it.... even the motions and movement of
the backup singers - though subdued.. throw horrifying hints at being palmer inspired....
Yeah, I thought of Robert Palmer thanks to the all-female backup singers, even though the resemblance is fairly superficial. I guess I can see the similarity in the music, too, though the tone of "Hot Bibles" is a bit more "metal."

So does someone here run NotTheBee.com? This video was posted there a few hours ago.

for the sake of music and the love of it too - i hope i am wrong........ but listen
to this for a few minutes and see what you think......

at the very least it might kill the ear worm.... it did for me.....:cool:
In the name of "Gender Equality!"

I was acquainted with The Way International members while I was in the Navy. I was fairly new in the faith and they struck me as a weird mix of spiritual talking carnal living folks.

That said, that guitar tone is something else.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm usually a Strat guy but sometimes you need that raunchy tone you can only get from humbuckers. That PRS is actually pretty nice and the old man does have some "Chops!"

Actually, I recall using this video some months ago with our worship team as an illustration of when the message and music styles don't match up.

I was acquainted with The Way International members while I was in the Navy. I was fairly new in the faith and they struck me as a weird mix of spiritual talking carnal living folks.
Yeah, I was especially intrigued by this one guy who was leading a Bible Study in the "AT" Barracks in Millington and started using some choice profanity (Carlin's seven dirty words variety) as he was expounding upon a certain passage!

I remember another time doing open air ministry in San Diego when one of their members didn't appreciate my calling "The Way International" a cult! He knocks my big Scofield Bible out of my hand, sends it flying and then unloaded a good number of F-Bombs on me! The guy was pretty big and I thought we were going to go to "Fist City" but other members of my church intervened.

Haven't run into any more of these potty mouths since that time.

Actually, I did notice that the video had a genuine "Creep Factor" to it when I first saw it. Didn't realize it was this damnable cult back then but now I understand why I had that "First Impression."

So does someone here run NotTheBee.com? This video was posted there a few hours ago.
Nope. This was going viral yesterday. I've gotten post fodder from Not the Bee in the past, but in this case, I saw it on an urelated Twitter account. (I also went and found the whole song on YouTube instead of the sadly solo-less clip that was circulating on Twitter.)

In the name of "Gender Equality!"

well.... .. i;ve heard the song before.. but never saw that video.... ...i think i would have to give shania twain a zero score in the robert palmer sound alike category of the contest... ..but i would put them way ahead of the band in the op on the look alike score... ..:unsure:

but i don;t know about the gender equality thing.... as i watched i was wondering how much more of her outfit twain was going to remove before the show ended... and was also wondering why the guys behind her weren;t taking anything off... .. ...and what;s with those loose fitting shiny vinyl pants they had on?.... .. palmers girls started off with less clothing on than shania tweet ended up with.. even after stripping most of hers off....... ..where;s the gender equality in that? ....
:confused: :sneaky:

Last edited:
Man, gotta love that song title - "Man, I Feel Like A Woman." That would make a great anthem for the trendy transgender movement, maybe with slightly altered lyrics.

In contrast, take a look at the politically incorrect lyrics for "Game of Love" by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. Men loving women, and vice versa, is totally out of fashion now - nowadays it's Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve - but they didn't realize it yet in 1965 when this song came out:

The purpose of a man is to love a woman
And the purpose of a woman is to love a man
So come on baby, let's start today, come on baby, let's play
The game of love, love, la la la la la love
It started long ago in the Garden of Eden
When Adam said to Eve, baby, you're for me
So come on baby, let's start today, come on baby, let's play
The game of love, love, la la la la la love
Come on baby 'cause the time is right
Love your daddy with all your might
Put your arms around me, hold me tight
Play the game of love

well.... .. i;ve heard the song before.. but never saw that video.... ...i think i would have to give shania twain a zero score in the robert palmer sound alike category of the contest... ..but i would put them way ahead of the band in the op on the look alike score... ..:unsure:

but i don;t know about the gender equality thing.... as i watched i was wondering how much more of her outfit twain was going to remove before the show ended... and was also wondering why the guys behind her weren;t taking anything off... .. ...and what;s with those loose fitting shiny vinyl pants they had on?.... .. palmers girls started off with less clothing on than shania tweet ended up with.. even after stripping most of hers off....... ..where;s the gender equality in that? ....
:confused: :sneaky:
Well, she wasn't parodying the song, just doing the "Male Version" of the Robert Palmer girls (Eye candy, nothing upstairs, Etc.)

Aside from that, Shania is just being... Shania!

Well, she wasn't parodying the song, just doing the "Male Version" of the Robert Palmer girls (Eye candy, nothing upstairs, Etc.)

Aside from that, Shania is just being... Shania!
Never have been a fan of Shania! My brother used to clean her bus....