I want to go to...

PappaBear

Elect
Reaction score
Do you have a dream spot you would like to visit at least once before you are gone?

Yes!  I have always wanted to go to Seattle, WA. 

There I want to see the Pacific, and Puget Sound and the Space Needle.  Perhaps even meet Yassar Seirawan and watch a chess event.

visit Alaska in the summer

Sherryh said:
visit Alaska in the summer

An Alaskan Cruise is the mutual "trip of a lifetime" dream my wife and I share.  If we could have swung the money, we would have went some years ago when David Jeremiah was doing those. 

ALAYWIFE would like to see the pyramids, and I'd like to go to Jerusalem.

ALAYMAN said:
ALAYWIFE would like to see the pyramids, and I'd like to go to Jerusalem.

Next year ... In JERUSALEM! 

I want to live in a cabin for a few weeks, high up in the mountains, with a spectacular view, with just my wife and my Bible.

tn_2250.jpg

We've lived in a condo overlooking the San Francisco Bay, a house on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea, a house on a hill with a view of Mt Rainier and The Olympic Mountains, a house on the St. John's River,  a house overlooking Narragansett Bay in RI and now a home in the mountains.  Thank you, taxpayers, for the moves to all of those places. 

Timothy said:
I want to live in a cabin for a few weeks, high up in the mountains, with a spectacular view, with just my wife and my Bible.

... and a Remington 870 with lots of shells.

aleshanee said:
or a longbow and a dozen hunting arrows.... ;)

For me these days it has become more like a 150 lb draw crossbow with about a dozen bolts with lighted nocks.  Bow season starts at the end of this month.  The Roodle just got his first crossbow at a yard sale this summer.  That reminds me, I need to get a few broadheads.

Jr church which is your favorite place where you have lived? They sound like great places...

Sherryh said:
Jr church which is your favorite place where you have lived? They sound like great places...

I think Washington and Rhode Island were favorites. Heat and humidity are for stronger people than I. 

aleshanee said:
antarctica......  8)

i know i originally said atlantis....  but i couldn;t find any real pictures of it.... only artistic impressions of what they think such a place would
have looked like if really ever extisted.... but oh well......  do you see those 2 little black specks on the snow in front of the ice cliffs?.....
i looked under magnification and those are penguins.... 8)......i have seen penguins here in their enclosure at the hilton......
but i want to see them in the wild in their natural habitat........  that would be awesome....  :D
The Carribean is Atlantis, and the reason it was 'lost' is that the Bermuda triangle swallowed or confused half of everyone who ventured through it. 
There have been periods in history, where we traded with the rest of the world, and then periods where they quit showing up so long, that we forgot about them.  Til Columbus. 
I believe Cuba, Mexico, The Yucatan, Florida, all were thought of as the same place by ancient mariners.  And if they lived through the triangle, they lost track of their bearings, and couldnt guide anyone else back there.

Anishinabe

I also hope to make a missions trip to Australia and/or New Zealand someday. 

PappaBear said:
I also hope to make a missions trip to Australia and/or New Zealand someday.

I've never been to Australia, but New Zealand is really nice.  Definitely worth the trip. 

God blessed me with two trips to China, and that was probably #2 on my list.  #3 was Fiji, and I got to go there.

#1 is Israel, though, and I've never been.

Toss Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam somewhere in that list, too.  I think I have an Asian fetish, and it's not the women (although I think Asian women are among the most beautiful in the world). 

Yes, China.  Grandmaster Sin Kwan Thè has gone there on trips with students.  So has foxbat(*) from FICS, he has made several trips over.  Trouble is that neither has ever invited me to go with them.  :'(  I would love to see the Great Wall.  Growing up, one of my favorite missionary biography subjects was J. Hudson Taylor.  Since college days, I have very often turned to the writings of Watchman Nee for inspiration, alongside my Vance Havner and Tozer.  I would so love to see China.

And of course the Holy Land would be great.  I think for now I would like to take one of those packaged tours with someone like Erwin Lutzer or David Jeramiah, or one of those.  I have a preacher friend who went a few years back and it dramatically affected his view of several passages, in the gospels especially, to get a view of the actual places for many of the events.  Almost as much, I would like to visit some of the sites enshrined by more current events like the port of Haifa and Tel Aviv and some of the battlegrounds for the Israeli War of Independence.  I have really enjoyed the Brock & Bodie Thoene books, they seem to make a lot of the history come alive, and an actual view of some of the settings for a mental backdrop would likely make it more so.