Ichabod is Over the Door....

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://vdare.com/articles/memo-from-middle-america-woke-southern-baptist-bureaucrats-move-to-crush-local-church-rebels-rebels-fight-back

The fight is continual...we have pushed liberalism and progressivism back before by the power of the Holy Spirit and in accordance to the truth of God's Word. Not sure what will happen this time, but we will see as many of us stand against this.  The fight for truth is not easy, nor is it one to run away from.  If this is the beginning of the end of the SBC as we have known it...God certainly has something much better.

I have been following this story on the Pulpit and Pen and Reformation Charlotte web sites - lots of detailed info there.  Funny, we were told that all SBC congregations were completely independent and autonomous, so why would SBC leaders be putting pressure on FBC-Naples to vote in their anointed candidate?

I guess those of us who have been thrown under the bus in IFB churches can take comfort that it happens in the SBC too - it's all over.

This all eerily looks similar to what happened beginning with J Frank Norris, John R Rice and others circa 1940's.  This time, however, I estimate that many will depart from the Baptist nomenclature altogether.

Why does it always have to be over the door? I want a big ICHABOD woven into the carpets in the narthex.

Ransom said:
Why does it always have to be over the door? I want a big ICHABOD woven into the carpets in the narthex.

LOL!

But, what color should the carpet be, and the lettering on the carpet?  We are going to have to take a church vote on that.  If you vote wrong, you will be excommunicated!

T-Bone said:
The fight is continual...we have pushed liberalism and progressivism back before by the power of the Holy Spirit and in accordance to the truth of God's Word. Not sure what will happen this time, but we will see as many of us stand against this.  The fight for truth is not easy, nor is it one to run away from.  If this is the beginning of the end of the SBC as we have known it...God certainly has something much better.

The issue is always the collective genii in the ivory towers that go first and seek to take the organization with them. Resolution 9 is a prime example of the people in the collective pews not being prepared to deal with the issue proposed by the leadership. If something doesn?t happen in Orlando to begin to correct the ?problem?? we could see a mass exodus.

The other problem we face is the fact that few people under 70 care about the institution that is the SBC...or most other institutions in the current culture.

illinoisguy said:
But, what color should the carpet be, and the lettering on the carpet?  We are going to have to take a church vote on that.  If you vote wrong, you will be excommunicated!

Sweet!

Tarheel Baptist said:
T-Bone said:

The issue is always the collective genii in the ivory towers that go first and seek to take the organization with them. Resolution 9 is a prime example of the people in the collective pews not being prepared to deal with the issue proposed by the leadership. If something doesn?t happen in Orlando to begin to correct the ?problem?? we could see a mass exodus.

The other problem we face is the fact that few people under 70 care about the institution that is the SBC...or most other institutions in the current culture.

Agree on both points.