Illustrations fact or fiction

Gladstone

Elect
Reaction score
I heard Larry brown tell an illustration in 95.  It was pretty harsh and sad. He told it as if he had first hand knowledge. Then a few weeks ago I heard the same illustration and the way I heard it this time, made me wonder if it was truth or fiction. If it is true,I was hoping someone could validate it. The story is...

A man surrendered to go to Africa. His wife wasn't as willing. So, they stayed in the states. For work, the guy flipped houses. He wasn't able to get under a crawl space and so he sent his little boy under the house to drag a wire. While under the house, the boy was bit by rattle snakes. The dad got the son out and forgot about the family and threw his son in the car to take him to the hospital. When he backed out super fast, he backed into his other son. He put him in the car too. At the hospital, both boys died. When he mother arrived and was told of the news of her two sons death, she died and the mN lost his family because he didn't go to Africa.

In 95, is happened because the family stopped going to church on Sunday nights.
Most recently, this happened because the family didn't go to Africa.

I get some of the details may very from time and reselling. But I was wondering if this was founded in truth.

Which part are you wondering about the veracity of?
The tragic familiar loss,
Or the Satanic assumptive interpretation of the cause?

Guilt, fear and intimidation are alive and well in the IFBx'er world...

I am just wondering if anyone out there could even say there is a kernel of truth to the illustration.

This is one of the things that I struggle with even to this day. At HAC/FBC there was always some story about how someone did not do what God wanted them to do and so a horrible punishment was given. OR if you do such and such the Lord will love you more or bless you more. I know the Lord is happy with us when we do right but still makes me wonder.

I just have to believe that God is a just God, but also a very loving God.

Gladstone said:
I heard Larry brown tell an illustration in 95.  It was pretty harsh and sad. He told it as if he had first hand knowledge. Then a few weeks ago I heard the same illustration and the way I heard it this time, made me wonder if it was truth or fiction. If it is true,I was hoping someone could validate it. The story is...

A man surrendered to go to Africa. His wife wasn't as willing. So, they stayed in the states. For work, the guy flipped houses. He wasn't able to get under a crawl space and so he sent his little boy under the house to drag a wire. While under the house, the boy was bit by rattle snakes. The dad got the son out and forgot about the family and threw his son in the car to take him to the hospital. When he backed out super fast, he backed into his other son. He put him in the car too. At the hospital, both boys died. When he mother arrived and was told of the news of her two sons death, she died and the mN lost his family because he didn't go to Africa.

I get some of the details may very from time and reselling. But I was wondering if this was founded in truth.

Not second guessing you, but are you sure you remember this detail from almost 20 years ago?

kaba said:
This is one of the things that I struggle with even to this day. At HAC/FBC there was always some story about how someone did not do what God wanted them to do and so a horrible punishment was given. OR if you do such and such the Lord will love you more or bless you more. I know the Lord is happy with us when we do right but still makes me wonder.

They must have missed the book of Job.

Gladstone said:

You will probably hear it a lot more now after posting it on here. ;D