Imagine for a moment

Tanner

Elect
Reaction score
That the trouble Tom got himself into was one of the college students.  They would be the worst of the worst sinner.  He would be dragged through the mud and preached about for years.  Unless of course it was an up and coming family member (one of the chosen).

Tanner said:
That the trouble Tom got himself into was one of the college students.  They would be the worst of the worst sinner.  He would be dragged through the mud and preached about for years.  Unless of course it was an up and coming family member (one of the chosen).

So much to say about that.  You are so right.  Seen it happen. 

I saw this in our church.  A girl was liking and texting one of the infidels (non IFB) she was kicked out of the school, the school kids were told in chapel to stay away from her, and preached about her for weeks.  A high ranking staff member kid gets caught making out with a girl gets suspended for a week and they told everyone he was sick.  This was all under Ross. 

Tanner said:
I saw this in our church.  A girl was liking and texting one of the infidels (non IFB) she was kicked out of the school, the school kids were told in chapel to stay away from her, and preached about her for weeks.  A high ranking staff member kid gets caught making out with a girl gets suspended for a week and they told everyone he was sick.  This was all under Ross.

And the families, who then choose to stay under that type of ministry/leadership, wonder why their kids have issues and become rebellious.  Leaving the IFB world the first chance they can.

Oh the stories I could tell of the double standard for different kids. Those that were liked got away with murder and those that weren't better be good or be humiliated.

I could go on and on with stories.

JustABigKid said:
Oh the stories I could tell of the double standard for different kids. Those that were liked got away with murder and those that weren't better be good or be humiliated.

Congratulations to you, JustABigKid, for making it through all of the bs associated with WHBC's hypocritical leadership and going on to serve our Savior!!!!!  There are several that are as you and deserve a medal.  Unfortunately there are many more who did not survive the garbage that young people have to put up with in that system.

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

Congratulations to you, JustABigKid, for making it through all of the bs associated with WHBC's hypocritical leadership and going on to serve our Savior!!!!!  There are several that are as you and deserve a medal.  Unfortunately there are many more who did not survive the garbage that young people have to put up with in that system.

I wish I could say I saw through it then even though I recognized it we were always taught to not question authority so didn't really push back but as I got older I realized the double standard and a lot of other none sense and wanted out.

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

I wish I could say I saw through it then even though I recognized it we were always taught to not question authority so didn't really push back but as I got older I realized the double standard and a lot of other none sense and wanted out.

All the human reasoning and nepotism and MOG-worship was really having a detrimental effect on my family.  That was one of the things that God used to open my eyes to the need to leave.

Walt said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

All the human reasoning and nepotism and MOG-worship was really having a detrimental effect on my family.  That was one of the things that God used to open my eyes to the need to leave.

I agree with you there. Some of the family and friends that I know still there have such a negative attitude not just towards those that left but life in general. If it didn't come from the throne room of Tom than it aint good and aint right. And if you try to talk to them about it they just get upset.