In hind sight I understand

Citadel of Truth said:
Ironically, there are dozens of former WHBC & OBC students on the mission field and doing very well. Almost every one of them will attribute their earthly motivation to serve the Lord, in part, to Bob Ross. Let's face it, Bob Ross was the face and the drawing card of OBC, and well as the WHBC youth department.

That being said, I know it is not a good deeds verses bad deeds issue. Just making an observation. That's why I said it was ironic...

That is very true Citadel.  Few will give credit to JAV but most will and do give credit to Bob Ross.  But you will find the ones that do give credit to BR are ones who graduated or came through the place prior to about 2005 or so.  In the early years and the years up to then the numbers were so high it was easy for leadership to mask the problems in the numbers.  Most did not see the truth of the place prior to then because of the numbers.  But after the JAV/Abi situation came to light, and the others after that, the numbers started to drop quickly.  The exposure on the good ol FFF in the early 2000's really opened the eyes of many.  Once the numbers dropped the issues even became more exposed and the rest is history.  You really will not find many after that time frame that will sing the praises of BR any more.  His behavior down in Texas just verifies it all.

Yeppers, those were the years of the FFF battles that Vineyard claimed he never payed attention to.  Although he had several of his staffers on the FFF fighting the fight for him.  He would even write out what he wanted them to post and what ID to make to post under.  Leadership was going crazy trying to put down all the brush fires their own actions had created.  You definitely could hear it in the preaching and see it in the new rules.
Gladiators picture went up like one of the 10 most wanted you see at the post office.  Then when the snake from out in Hopkinsville Ky outed Centurion the real war started.
The more they tried to get total control the less they had and the smaller the numbers in the college and church became.

Just me said:
Yeppers, those were the years of the FFF battles that Vineyard claimed he never payed attention to.  Although he had several of his staffers on the FFF fighting the fight for him.  He would even write out what he wanted them to post and what ID to make to post under.  Leadership was going crazy trying to put down all the brush fires their own actions had created.  You definitely could hear it in the preaching and see it in the new rules.
Gladiators picture went up like one of the 10 most wanted you see at the post office.  Then when the snake from out in Hopkinsville Ky outed Centurion the real war started.
The more they tried to get total control the less they had and the smaller the numbers in the college and church became.

Wow, what drama!

Walt said:
Wow, what drama!

True!!  Drama is what you get when you can no longer cover up the sins of the power brokers and the people rise up and start to say enough is enough.  That started to slowly happen to them in the very late 1990's and it has increased ever since.  Now a days those who are left are just the beaten down to a pulp sheeple who unfortunately have drunk so much Kool Aid their eyes are purple.

But every once in a while even one of them put some Visine in and get out of dodge!! 

Citadel of Truth said:
Just me said:
Then when the snake from out in Hopkinsville Ky outed Centurion the real war started.

Kentucky? I thought it was a guy out in Maryland?

No, you are thinking of the wrong guy.  The guy in Maryland was a totaly blind loyalist but he was not who revealed the identity of Centurion.

Well it was a long time ago but I do not believe I have my snakes mixed up.

Just me said:
Walt said:
Wow, what drama!

True!!  Drama is what you get when you can no longer cover up the sins of the power brokers and the people rise up and start to say enough is enough.  That started to slowly happen to them in the very late 1990's and it has increased ever since.  Now a days those who are left are just the beaten down to a pulp sheeple who unfortunately have drunk so much Kool Aid their eyes are purple.

But every once in a while even one of them put some Visine in and get out of dodge!!

Or, God in His grace gives them clarity of vision; some turn away  from the truth; others turn to the truth, and they eyes begin to clear up.

In my case, I give the glory to God for waking me up to what was happening in my family.

Walt said:
Or, God in His grace gives them clarity of vision; some turn away  from the truth; others turn to the truth, and they eyes begin to clear up.

In my case, I give the glory to God for waking me up to what was happening in my family.

Shaking my head, Walt, just shaking my head.  Some things go without saying

I still owe that "college" 1500 dollars, I'll pay
Them back one of these days,that is,
Unless they've completely shut down.

Just me said:
Walt said:

Can you clarify a bit?  What are you shaking your head about?  My testimony?

Walt said:
Just me said:
Walt said:

No, never at a testimony.  I was shaking my head at the idea that you had to post the first part of you post.  The part that said, "Or, God in His grace gives them clarity of vision; some turn away  from the truth; others turn to the truth, and they eyes begin to clear up."    It was in stark contrast to what I posted about eyes being purple from drinking so much grape Kool Aid and needing Visine to clear their vision. 

The shaking my head part was because it goes without saying it has to be the Lord that gives the clarity and not Visine. 

No harm intended on my part my friend.

Just me said:
Walt said:
Just me said:
Walt said:

No, never at a testimony.  I was shaking my head at the idea that you had to post the first part of you post.  The part that said, "Or, God in His grace gives them clarity of vision; some turn away  from the truth; others turn to the truth, and they eyes begin to clear up."    It was in stark contrast to what I posted about eyes being purple from drinking so much grape Kool Aid and needing Visine to clear their vision. 

The shaking my head part was because it goes without saying it has to be the Lord that gives the clarity and not Visine. 

No harm intended on my part my friend.

Noted... there are some people who, for whatever reason, support what they know is wrong - they are like Pharaoh, who hardened his heart against the Lord, and THEN the Lord hardened his heart.  Nothing will help these people (thinking of BG, Sr, who refuses to consider the fact that his hero, JH, may have lied).

Others, God gives light to; as they turn to the light, He gives more light.

Thanks for the clarification!