In the the Chicago newspaper today.

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score

In 1972, Hyles-Anderson College opened, “an unaccredited divinity school where would-be pastors are taught to export the Hyles approach to churches across the country,” according to the Chicago Magazine article.
Various news articles, including Chicago Magazine and the Star-Telegram in Fort Worth, Texas, have documented the patterns of alleged abuse and sexual assault – most cases involving teenage girls – by church leadership, including Jack Hyles’ son-in-law Jack Schaap, who became the pastor after Jack Hyles died.

In 1972, Hyles-Anderson College opened, “an unaccredited divinity school where would-be pastors are taught to export the Hyles approach to churches across the country,” according to the Chicago Magazine article.
Various news articles, including Chicago Magazine and the Star-Telegram in Fort Worth, Texas, have documented the patterns of alleged abuse and sexual assault – most cases involving teenage girls – by church leadership, including Jack Hyles’ son-in-law Jack Schaap, who became the pastor after Jack Hyles died.
It's bad timing for this whole thing though b/c everyone's thoughts are on the COVID19

I hope that justice is done in this situation.

Me, too, but I have some serious doubts about some of the statements attributed to Linda. I have never been a fan of Jack Hyles, but saying that her parents fought over the different women that her dad was sleeping with. I just find much of her testimony hard to believe and biased.

Oddly enough, I DO believe Joy Ryder. I wonder if she is still married; the article didn't say. I think her parents have to take a large part of the blame for keeping quiet... they apparently did enough to get Dave shifted to Garland, Texas, but not much else.

I find Linda's story completely believable. People like this, think they are above anyone/anything else. Arguing about who Jackie was sleeping with, was quite likely, a mild problem in that house. Everyone with more than one live brain cell, knew it was going on. One might be very surprised at what goes on behind closed doors at the "preeeeechers" house. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt,

I find Linda's story completely believable. People like this, think they are above anyone/anything else. Arguing about who Jackie was sleeping with, was quite likely, a mild problem in that house. Everyone with more than one live brain cell, knew it was going on. One might be very surprised at what goes on behind closed doors at the "preeeeechers" house. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt,
I too have doubts about all that Linda says but no doubts about what she did as a married wife. Someone has said, "What parents do in moderation the children will do is excess." Ex: Davey-boy & Linda.

I too have doubts about all that Linda says but no doubts about what she did as a married wife. Someone has said, "What parents do in moderation the children will do is excess." Ex: Davey-boy & Linda.

Is this the modern version of killing the messenger that brings news one doesn't want to hear? I know all about DH's reputation and what he did, but I've never heard anything about Linda.

Is this the modern version of killing the messenger that brings news one doesn't want to hear? I know all about DH's reputation and what he did, but I've never heard anything about Linda.
I'll get back to this after Easter.