Interesting Church Service

Vince Massi

Elect
Reaction score
Had an interesting day at church today. A couple are going through an ugly divorce. During the service, the wife came in and snatched their baby, whom the father has legal custody of.

Big deal outside. I wouldn't let go of the baby's arm and kept asking people with cell phones (who were filming the action) to call the police.

The cops arrested both parents and took them and the baby away. They said that a judge would decide what to do.

Somehow, some way, I'm going to get the blame for this.

Vince Massi said:
Had an interesting day at church today. A couple are going through an ugly divorce. During the service, the wife came in and snatched their baby, whom the father has legal custody of.

Big deal outside. I wouldn't let go of the baby's arm and kept asking people with cell phones (who were filming the action) to call the police.

The cops arrested both parents and took them and the baby away. They said that a judge would decide what to do.

Somehow, some way, I'm going to get the blame for this.

No doubt.  I'm trying to figure out how you got hold of the baby's arm.

The baby's grandmother was out front blocking her daughter-in-law's escape. I took the nine-month-old's arm and asked the mother if she had a court order giving her custody of the baby. She didn't reply, so I just stood there and wouldn't let go. Bystanders rushed up when they heard all the crying and yelling, people started filming it on their cellphones, one moron in particular kept raising a squawk, a lady in our church kept yelling for me to help her get the baby away, and I just stood there holding the baby's arm while asking people to call the police.

The woman from our church finally wrestled the baby from the mom and I went with her into the church and locked the door while staying outside. I let different people in, but not the mom. Various people tried to reason with the mom. The police arrived, and I am impressed with their calm, professional performance. They listened to everyone's story, and  then arrested both parents. They gave the baby back to the mom, put all three in the back seat, and took them to a judge.

The mom's sister is at our house right now, and she told us that since the divorce is still in progress, the judge gave the mom half custody until it is finalized. He then released them.

Even for a Pentecostal church, that was a wild service.

Vince Massi said:
The baby's grandmother was out front blocking her daughter-in-law's escape. I took the nine-month-old's arm and asked the mother if she had a court order giving her custody of the baby. She didn't reply, so I just stood there and wouldn't let go. Bystanders rushed up when they heard all the crying and yelling, people started filming it on their cellphones, one moron in particular kept raising a squawk, a lady in our church kept yelling for me to help her get the baby away, and I just stood there holding the baby's arm while asking people to call the police.

The woman from our church finally wrestled the baby from the mom and I went with her into the church and locked the door while staying outside. I let different people in, but not the mom. Various people tried to reason with the mom. The police arrived, and I am impressed with their calm, professional performance. They listened to everyone's story, and  then arrested both parents. They gave the baby back to the mom, put all three in the back seat, and took them to a judge.

The mom's sister is at our house right now, and she told us that since the divorce is still in progress, the judge gave the mom half custody until it is finalized. He then released them.

Even for a Pentecostal church, that was a wild service.

Wait....they saw a judge on a Sunday?

Wait....they saw a judge on a Sunday?

The judge has a court room at the police station. I don't know if he was already there or they had to call him in, but he was waiting for them. MAYBE, they didn't want to be stuck with a baby overnight. Anyway, the whole process was over in less than an hour.

I'm glad you did not suggest the Solomon method.
1 Kings 3:16-28

sword said:
I'm glad you did not suggest the Solomon method.
1 Kings 3:16-28

We talked to the dad less than an hour ago. The mom failed to pick up the baby when it was her turn, so he has to go in to DIF (Department for the Full Utilization of Families) tomorrow to see if he can regain full  custody.

Good news (if you're rooting for the dad).

After her first day of custody, the mom brought the baby back in the same clothes and diaper she had received him in.
On her second night, she called the dad to come get him, but he refused unless she signed a paper giving him permission because she couldn't take care of the baby.
On her third day, she never showed up, and he couldn't find her.

This morning, a judge gave the dad total custody, with the mon having no visitation rights;. This is only until the divorce is finalized.

I can't wait for church tomorrow!

The woman who kept telling people she was a lawyer was a friend of the mom and is not a lawyer. The grandmother handed over the baby because the mom told her that she wanted to sit in a pew for the service and would like to hold her baby. Then she ran out of the church.

I'm sitting in the back tomorrow. We have one other baby and sometimes two or three more, and I'll be between them and the door. Why? Because the mother who lost all custody and visitation rights is crazy.

The dad and his baby will not be at church tomorrow.