Introduction

C

Chauntecleer

Greetings; Newbie, here. I'm a wondering Mere Christian who's daily repenting (and blushing) from the sheer volume of my past certainties. Committed to the foolishness of divine glory as revealed in the face of Christ. The husband (Oh, happy thought) to Sandi. A father of six. Befuddled reader, aspiring prophet of corporeality, and chili dog’s (fully loaded) greatest advocate. On any given day I may be found sinning, cooking, repenting, conversing, struggling, reading, apologizing, imbibing, wondering (quietly and out loud) and smelling old books.-- Order varies

Raised in IFB tradition, but now a Nicene catholic in the Anglican communion who trusts a great deal more and knows a great deal less than I used to. Most influential writers: Athanasius, The Cappadocians, Calvin, John McLeod Campbell, Gerald Manley Hopkins, the Inklings (especially Charles Williams), Thomas Torrance, Alexander Schmemann, Lesslie Newbigin and N.T. Wright

Welcome aboard!

Like you, I grew up IFB but have since changed some, umm....things. I'm kind of a mix of Progressive Christianity, Red Letter Christianity and first century Ebionite influence.

Again, welcome!

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to wear a helmet around these here parts. :)

Thank you, Smellin'.

My head's hard; but I'll try to not peek over the barricade any more than is necessary.