IS EVOLUTION POSSIBLE?

Tatterdemalion said:
Route_70 said:
Recovering IFB said:
how do you get truth without God.

Truth is relative.

Oh, dear.

I think we now know who Route 666 really is....

http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/04/10/the-bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-leaves-the-christian-faith/

Jo said:
LongGone said:
Jo said:
Long Gone, could you clarify your last statement?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I have read Route 70 postings for a long time. I don't agree with him often or even usually care about the subject he is posting about. Our direct interactions are rare. I think at times he comes across edgy (most of us do at times) but I have never doubted his intelligence, his ability to reason, his logic approach. This doesn't mean I agree with him but I can follow how he came to his conclusion. I have not ever doubted his morals. I have read his book about his taking care of animals and that portrays a compassion.

I don't have any desire to change Route 70's mind but if I did I would use ridicule to achieve that end. I don't see that as an effective tool in persuading people.

I have reason to doubt his morals

I respect your opinion and even his; however, he pretended to be  Christian  so he could teach at a Christian school.  If that doesn't make you question his morals, I'm not sure what would.

That is not what he said.  What he said was they made assumptions because he had graduated from Hyles-Anderson.  When given the position he saw what was going on and did the right thing. Of course all we have is his side of the story but as I said he has not posted anything that makes me think differently.  My greater issue is those who give various reasons for not debating the subject. I have no desire to enter into his debate but considering all the worthless things we debate here I find it comical that people believe God doesn't want them debating the atheist.

He let the school believe he was a Christian.

He's not asking for a debate. He never wants to debate. He wants to denigrate and insult. Is evolution possible?  I believe it is. My personal belief is that God could do whatever he wanted to create life.  Now, watch his next post.  We're all idiots, according to him.

Jo said:
he pretended to be  Christian  so he could teach at a Christian school.  If that doesn't make you question his morals, I'm not sure what would.

Since you persist in misrepresenting what I said, I can only conclude that you are a liar and have no morals.

Jo said:

I have written many posts on this and the old FFF.  I have said many times that I live a more moral life than most Christians that I know.  The so-called "Christian" school where I taught certainly proved another statement that I have made before:  Christianity is a sham; and most so-called "Christians" are frauds.  One does not need a Bible or belief in God or Christianity to know right from wrong.  I am evidence of that.

And you proclaim your goodness to all!

Route_70 said:
Jo said:

I have written many posts on this and the old FFF.  I have said many times that I live a more moral life than most Christians that I know.  The so-called "Christian" school where I taught certainly proved another statement that I have made before:  Christianity is a sham; and most so-called "Christians" are frauds.  One does not need a Bible or belief in God or Christianity to know right from wrong.  I am evidence of that.
We clearly disagree on the Christianity and on the existence of God. We all have free will to choose. If your right we will both be dead soon enough and that will be the end. If I'm right you will burn in a literal Hell for ever and ever. I'm going with the safe bet.

Route_70 said:
Since you persist in misrepresenting what I said, I can only conclude that you are a liar and have no morals.
Why is it wrong to misrepresent somebody? You act like it's wrong. Where do you get that from?

Route_70 said:
What "wrong" or a "sham" in your worldview? What "evidence" is going to mean to you? Evidence presupposes truth, where do you get truth outside of God?

R-70:
Tells us about your journey from fundamental Baptist to Atheist. Did you wake up one day and no longer believe. Perhaps you were hurt, or a Christian leader let you down, maybe you had some kind of awakening?

If you don't mind I would love to hear about that process.

sword said:
Route_70 said:
Jo said:

We clearly disagree on the Christianity and on the existence of God. We all have free will to choose. If your right we will both be dead soon enough and that will be the end. If I'm right you will burn in a literal Hell for ever and ever. I'm going with the safe bet.
Sword, Rt70 agrees with us. He does believe God, he is just surpressingnthr knowledge of God, he is running from God. Read Romans 1:18 onward, he believes and he has evidence to convict him. He isn't right, don't be like a fool in this situation but show him the folly of his thinking.

You might be a narcissist when....

sword said:
R-70:
Tells us about your journey from fundamental Baptist to Atheist. Did you wake up one day and no longer believe. Perhaps you were hurt, or a Christian leader let you down, maybe you had some kind of awakening?

If you don't mind I would love to hear about that process.

To my recollection no one has ever asked me this.  I usually get told why this happened; and the reasons given are usually the points you made:  I am usually told that someone must have hurt my feelings; I lost a loved one, and am now mad at God; my secular college professors influenced me to turn away from God:  none of those bear any effect on my current beliefs or lack thereof.

Your question sounds sincere; so, I assume that you are sincere.  However, it is not important to me to divulge my personal story on this.  Quite frankly, and I mean no disrespect, I do not care if anyone knows me or understand me or agrees with me or respects me or likes me.  I do not depend on the disposition of others for my happiness and self-esteem.

I?ll think further on your request.  If you push me, I may change my mind.

Route_70 said:
If you push me, I may change my mind.

Push you?

On an anonymous forum?

Absurd.

Jo said:

He's not asking for a debate. He never wants to debate. He wants to denigrate and insult. Is evolution possible?  I believe it is. My personal belief is that God could do whatever he wanted to create life.  Now, watch his next post.  We're all idiots, according to him.

All I know is what Route 70 is stating. What kind of Christian School would hire somebody without asking them to confirm a statement of faith? I think that Route 70 can come across as obnoxious but I also know that being a minority opinion on the forum is difficult. Once again I don't think anyone wins an argument by name calling but it also appears to me that people use scripture as an excuse to go into the conversation. If you are like me and don't care enough about the subject or you don't like the way Route 70 conducts himself then just don't participate.

LongGone said:
What kind of Christian School would hire somebody without asking them to confirm a statement of faith? I think that Route 70 can come across as obnoxious ...

We get all hung up on a person's statement of faith, and whether or not he is pleasant.  How about we concern ourselves with a person's behavior?  What kind of outfit -- Christian or not -- would tolerate a staff member who fraternizes off-campus with the students -- especially students of the opposite sex; drives them in his car; goes to their houses; they to his; engages in sexual activity with them; and then covers for that person; and harasses anyone who dares to protest?  What good does a statement of faith do?

I ask again:  isn't it ironic that all those Bible-toting, church attending, praise-and-worshipping, mansion-over-the-hilltop, people of faith sat idly by, turning a blind eye to a child molester; and it was up to the one who does not have a statement of faith to do the right thing?

Route_70 said:
LongGone said:
What kind of Christian School would hire somebody without asking them to confirm a statement of faith? I think that Route 70 can come across as obnoxious ...

We get all hung up on a person's statement of faith, and whether or not he is pleasant.  How about we concern ourselves with a person's behavior?  What kind of outfit -- Christian or not -- would tolerate a staff member who fraternizes off-campus with the students -- especially students of the opposite sex; drives them in his car; goes to their houses; they to his; engages in sexual activity with them; and then covers for that person; and harasses anyone who dares to protest?  What good does a statement of faith do?

I ask again:  isn't it ironic that all those Bible-toting, church attending, praise-and-worshipping, mansion-over-the-hilltop, people of faith sat idly by, turning a blind eye to a child molester; and it was up to the one who does not have a statement of faith to do the right thing?

This isn't a problem of faith, it's a problem of workplace complacency to sexual crime. A similar event happened at a fast food restaurant recently and the victim was harassed by the other workers despite the manager (who was sexually harassing) being in the wrong.

Route_70 said:
Aside from Genesis 1, is it possible that all organisms on earth could have ascended/descended from a single-celled organism?  Is it POSSIBLE?

I say YES.  It is POSSIBLE.  There is no biological reason why it could not have happened.

Is it possible that organisms change and adapt over time.  Yes.  The wolf, dog, and coyote  most likely all had a common ancestor....a dog.  The horse and zebra probably had a common ancestor. 

Is it possible that life on earth evolved from a single cell organism.....nope.

Natural evolutionary forces cannot explain the complexity of life today.  They eye, for example, requires multiple parts to function in exact harmony...independent evolution of the cornea, retina, lens, ect... would never form and work together naturally. 

Microevolution and adaptation can not add new genetic information.  Mutations scramble existing information, but does not add it.  There is no natural process to add a liver, pancreas, pituitary glands, lungs, or any of the countless body parts that life now exhibits to a single cell critter. 

Route_70 said:
LongGone said:

Sword there is your answer

cpizzle said:
Is it possible that life on earth evolved from a single cell organism.....nope.

Natural evolutionary forces cannot explain the complexity of life today.

The key word in that last statement is "today."  Scientists have made great strides in using evolution to explain the complexities of life, and they continue to do so.  Before the study of DNA, explaining the complexities of life was extremely difficult; now it is virtually a "piece of cake."  So, as of today, there is still progress to be made.  Science is not a static set of rules that we memorize from a book.  Science is dynamic; ever-changing; educating us; removing from us our biases and prejudices; removing from us our arrogance and our ignorance.

So far as you other word, "nope," that word indicates a predisposed prejudice against the possibility of evolution ever being able to explain life.  You cannot make a viable case based on prejudice.