Is it possible that Whitney Houston really is a born again Christian?

Saved? Not for me to say.
Jesus being center of her life? I would have doubt.
I have found that people who have drug problems generally have drugs as the center of their life. Seems to be their driving force.
But I do know that saved people can backslide and quench the Holy Ghost and let their carnal nature take over. 

Bob L said:
OZZY said:
Winston said:
Video

Pastor: Whitney loved God.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t1#/video/showbiz/2012/02/18/nr-whitney-houston-faith.cnn

Watching the live view, Tyler Perry said she was a believer in Jesus Christ and that was the center of her life.

Just as possible as you being one.

Go somewhere and oil your brain Snozzy.

What A Maroon!

Ahhh  nothing like a having a male stalker. . Lol Bobby go back to worshipping your rapist and leave me alone. Silly boy.

The last song she sang was Yes, Jesus loves me (actually her version of it but only a few words due to her condition) - that was 2 days before her death at a night club. That song is on the Bodyguard album.

I hope she was, but, I'm reminded of this verse...

Luk 6:44  For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Gill
Luke 6:44  For every tree is known by its own fruit,.... Good and bad preachers are known by their doctrines, the one being agreeable, the other disagreeable to the word of God; and good and bad men are known by their lives and conversations: the grace of God revealed to good men, and wrought in them, teaches them to live soberly, righteously, and godly; a holy life is the fruit of grace, and an evidence of it; and the wickedness that is in the heart of unregenerate men, and even the hypocrisy of formal professors, will show themselves in the common and ordinary course of their conversations:

ALAYMAN said:
I hope she was, but, I'm reminded of this verse...

Luk 6:44  For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Gill
Luke 6:44  For every tree is known by its own fruit,.... Good and bad preachers are known by their doctrines, the one being agreeable, the other disagreeable to the word of God; and good and bad men are known by their lives and conversations: the grace of God revealed to good men, and wrought in them, teaches them to live soberly, righteously, and godly; a holy life is the fruit of grace, and an evidence of it; and the wickedness that is in the heart of unregenerate men, and even the hypocrisy of formal professors, will show themselves in the common and ordinary course of their conversations:

What he said. A large majority profess Christ, yet have no evidence to any degree of conversion. They're also many who profess the name of Jesus, yet don't believe in the Jesus that the Scriptures teach. The "jesus" they believe on often can be a humanistic one, more specifically the bless me one. Hence you see many celebrities thanking Jesus as the awards show, yet living a selfish life of degeneracy where they deny God by their works.

Contrast this to seeing yourself as a lost sinner headed to hell, who is drawn by the Father unto salvation, where a profession of belief in the death, burial and resurrection of the Son is made for the forgiveness of sins.

Do I know whether Whitney was a Christian? Nope, but based on her fruit there is room for much doubt.  Do I hope she converted if she wasn't? Not necessarily, as perhaps God made her to be a vessel of destruction to send to hell where He would be glorified.

Izdaari said:
Yes, it's possible. Christians can have problems and struggles, just like anyone else.

Exactly.

And refusal to admit this is either denial, or outright lying.
There is none righteous, no not one.
The only righteousness any of us has is that which is imputed to us through have our sins covered by Christ.

And attempting to hide the fact that Christians, Christian families, and churches have problems and struggles frequently only results in sweeping "stuff" under the rug. It is so very damaging, and so very dysfunctional.

ReformedBeliever said:
Do I know whether Whitney was a Christian? Nope, but based on her fruit there is room for much doubt.  Do I hope she converted if she wasn't? Not necessarily, as perhaps God made her to be a vessel of destruction to send to hell where He would be glorified.

Incredibly arrogant. Obviously you don't consider YOURSELF to be a "vessel of destruction". People who say these things never do.

No wonder the world looks at us and cannot see Jesus in us.

The Apostle talks about the child of God who evidences their familial relationship to the Father by the fact that their new status of creation will not allow them to complacently "practice" or persist in sin.

1 John 3:6 (KJV)  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

(CEV)  and people who stay one in their hearts with him won't keep on sinning. If they do keep on sinning, they don't know Christ, and they have never seen him.

(ERV)  So whoever lives in Christ does not continue to sin. If they continue to sin, they have never really understood Christ and have never known him.

(ESV)  No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

(GNB)  So everyone who lives in union with Christ does not continue to sin; but whoever continues to sin has never seen him or known him.

(GW)  Those who live in Christ don't go on sinning. Those who go on sinning haven't seen or known Christ.

(ISV)  No one who remains in union with him keeps on sinning. The one who keeps on sinning hasn't seen him or known him.

(KJV+)  WhosoeverG3956 abidethG3306 inG1722 himG846 sinnethG264 not:G3756 whosoeverG3956 sinnethG264 hath notG3756 seenG3708 him,G846 neitherG3761 knownG1097 him.G846

(WNT)  No one who continues in union with Him lives in sin: no one who lives in sin has seen Him or knows Him.

ALAYMAN said:
The Apostle talks about the child of God who evidences their familial relationship to the Father by the fact that their new status of creation will not allow them to complacently "practice" or persist in sin.

1 John 3:6 (KJV)  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

I don't disagree.

But all of us view others' sin through the "looking glass" of our own sin nature, and our own sinful natures tend to minimize the sins that are problematic for ourselves, and maximize the sins that we - maybe erroneously - think will never be OUR problem.

If we say that we (ourselves) have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

And none of us can see another's heart, nor can we know what they have come through.
And it is not our right to judge where another person, now gone, is for eternity, with perhaps the exception, of the rare person who on their deatbed, tells us in no uncertain terms.

I have the strong feeling that this thread was started with a particular implication. And I think it is judgmental and inappropriate. Can we not exercise a little bit of grace, if not toward the deceased, at least toward the deceased's immediate family?

Eliz553 said:
ALAYMAN said:

I don't disagree.

Well, what fun is there in that?  ;)

Eliz553 said:
But all of us view others' sin through the "looking glass" of our own sin nature, and our own sinful natures tend to minimize the sins that are problematic for ourselves, and maximize the sins that we - maybe erroneously - think will never be OUR problem.

If we say that we (ourselves) have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

And none of us can see another's heart, nor can we know what they have come through.
And it is not our right to judge where another person, now gone, is for eternity, with perhaps the exception, of the rare person who on their deatbed, tells us in no uncertain terms.

Totally agree with you that none of us know the true state of another person's heart.

Eliz553 said:
I have the strong feeling that this thread was started with a particular implication. And I think it is judgmental and inappropriate. Can we not exercise a little bit of grace, if not toward the deceased, at least toward the deceased's immediate family?

Okay.  I agree that such matters of the Lordship controversy are better discussed in the abstract, so with that, I'll "exercise a bit of grace". :)

ALAYMAN said:
Okay.  I agree that such matters of the Lordship controversy are better discussed in the abstract, so with that, I'll "exercise a bit of grace". :)

Thank you. :)
And I totally agree with the abstract part - once again  :)

Eliz553 said:
ReformedBeliever said:

Incredibly arrogant. Obviously you don't consider YOURSELF to be a "vessel of destruction". People who say these things never do.

The belief is that all the unbelievers are vessels of destruction or dishonour and believers are the opposite. I did not say she was with certainly, but definitely all appearances pointed towards such. I brought up the point because often when the death of someone famous dies there is almost always sadness brought up about the fact that they might be in hell, but the taking comfort in the perfect judgment of God is often neglected while conversing.

Eliz553 said:
ReformedBeliever said:

"I would that all men are saved" - Jesus

Good night, I've never heard of someone saying they didn't wish someone was saved!

Timothy said:
ReformedBeliever said:
Eliz553 said:
ReformedBeliever said:

The belief is that all the unbelievers are vessels of destruction or dishonour and believers are the opposite.

Wait, in Isaiah 64:6 we find written "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." And this leaves me with only one conclusion: while on this earth I am a permanent vessel of dishonor unto my God.
???

But Paul said this:
Eph 1
he predestined us for adoption
In him we have redemption through his blood
In him we were also chosen
in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory
When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal

Later he called us saints, saying
may have strength to comprehend with all the saints

John said
Revelation 5:10
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.

ReformedBeliever said:
Eliz553 said:
ReformedBeliever said:

The belief is that all the unbelievers are vessels of destruction or dishonour and believers are the opposite. I did not say she was with certainly, but definitely all appearances pointed towards such. I brought up the point because often when the death of someone famous dies there is almost always sadness brought up about the fact that they might be in hell, but the taking comfort in the perfect judgment of God is often neglected while conversing.

I stand by my original comment. Obviously, you consider yourself to be on of those destined for heaven.

Arrogant. Very arrogant. As I already said, no wonder the world can't see Christ in some Christians.