Is this creepy

FundNoMore

Elect
Reaction score
I don't know this man, but he blocked a friend for asking questions. Why did thisScreenshot_20240124_130625_X.jpg young girl have to wait for weeks to be saved? Why did it have to be this man and not a woman member of the church? Why did she have to go to his office? Was there a parent present in the office? The pic looks a little creepy, but this is a sensitive subject with me.
Thoughts? Am I, and my friend, overreacting?

Where were her parents the first time she raised her hand? Couldn't they have counseled her? Genders not withstanding, Why did she need to counsel with the pastor?

Where were her parents the first time she raised her hand? Couldn't they have counseled her? Genders not withstanding, Why did she need to counsel with the pastor?
I do not know this pastor from Adam but I do know there is a mindset among certain groups in the IFB that "everything" must go through the Pastor and the average pew pounder feels like dumb "sheeple" that are incapable of any sort of spiritual counseling or instruction with their kids. Much of this has to do with the "Manna-Gawd" mindset with very little equipping of the saints and such is often compounded by a poorly equipped pastor who just doesn't know better but I digress...

This pastor says that he counseled with this young girl but does not mention whether the parents are present or not. I am inclined to believe that the parents obviously were present as anyone these days would be dumber than a post to be alone with a young child behind closed doors! I will therefore give this pastor the benefit of the doubt here and hopefully faith happened with this little girl and this is something for which we may all rejoice!

I do not know this pastor from Adam but I do know there is a mindset among certain groups in the IFB that "everything" must go through the Pastor and the average pew pounder feels like dumb "sheeple" that are incapable of any sort of spiritual counseling or instruction with their kids. Much of this has to do with the "Manna-Gawd" mindset with very little equipping of the saints and such is often compounded by a poorly equipped pastor who just doesn't know better but I digress...

This pastor says that he counseled with this young girl but does not mention whether the parents are present or not. I am inclined to believe that the parents obviously were present as anyone these days would be dumber than a post to be alone with a young child behind closed doors! I will therefore give this pastor the benefit of the doubt here and hopefully faith happened with this little girl and this is something for which we may all rejoice!
Her dad is one of the deacons. Life I said, gender/accountability issues aside, this is creepy to me that a deacon has to take his kid to the pastor... Maybe I am making too much of it but something seems not quite right on so many levels.

The 1st post in this thread might shed some light on the "rest of the story":

Her dad is one of the deacons. Life I said, gender/accountability issues aside, this is creepy to me that a deacon has to take his kid to the pastor... Maybe I am making too much of it but something seems not quite right on so many levels.
Now that Voicecrying bumped that old thread of Domelle, my premonition was spot on wasn't it? :cool: Scary!😲

Yeah, you would think a deacon would know how to talk to his kid about the Lord but consider this... Would an experienced surgeon perform a high risk procedure on his own child being very much emotionally involved? What if you were a hot-shot lawyer and your kid was in legal trouble. Should you represent your own kid or would it be better in both cases to defer the matter to someone else who does not have such an emotional attachment and can therefore be better focused on the task at hand? Perhaps this deacon felt the same way about his child and thus deferred this to his pastor?

Or perhaps this pastor is in fact the "Dim Bulb" as Ransom has stated and perhaps believes someone is saved only if they "Pray the Prayer" with him?

What if you were a hot-shot lawyer and your kid was in legal trouble. Should you represent your own kid or would it be better in both cases to defer the matter to someone else who does not have such an emotional attachment and can therefore be better focused on the task at hand? Perhaps this deacon felt the same way about his child and thus deferred this to his pastor?
IF that is what is behind the situation, ok. But this reasoning is shaky. We've all heard the testimony of a child kneeling in the living room with Mom or Dad... Is the emotional attachment detracting the focus there?

IMNSHO, looking at the context of this pastor's posts in relation to the situation it doesn't bode well.

I don't know this man, but he blocked a friend for asking questions. Why did thisView attachment 5132 young girl have to wait for weeks to be saved? Why did it have to be this man and not a woman member of the church? Why did she have to go to his office? Was there a parent present in the office? The pic looks a little creepy, but this is a sensitive subject with me.
With a couple of google searches, I found the following:

If this pastor has a relative who has been charged with the creepiness, you would THINK he would avoid it!!! But noooooo....let's just continue to be creepy a.k.a. grooming, sexually inappropriate.......

With a couple of google searches, I found the following:

If this pastor has a relative who has been charged with the creepiness, you would THINK he would avoid it!!! But noooooo....let's just continue to be creepy a.k.a. grooming, sexually inappropriate.......
Thank you for this info.

He preached at our church a couple decades ago, tried to emulate Jack Hyles in his mannerisms and affect, which I found really annoying at the time. Just be yourself and preach the Bible.

In effort to do better at answering the OP, I don’t necessarily find it creepy, but I do find it troubling because it is possible or even likely (given voicecrying’s other thread describing Domelle’s controlling nature) that it’s an offshoot of the mannagawd syndrome, where the preacher has some mystical abilities (or worse yet, some alleged supernatural authority) that the lay person doesn’t. I would think ordinarily that a man who was a deacon (as this father was) should have enough spiritual gumption to be able to lead his own child to faith in Christ without the help of a preacher/pastor.

I don't know this man, but he blocked a friend for asking questions. Why did thisView attachment 5132 young girl have to wait for weeks to be saved? Why did it have to be this man and not a woman member of the church? Why did she have to go to his office? Was there a parent present in the office? The pic looks a little creepy, but this is a sensitive subject with me.
I agree. This is creepy with all the sexual abuse in the Southern Baptist churches there should be a woman talking with this little girl. This guy could be a predator in this day and age.