Is this forum banned at your fundamental college?

With most students having smartphones, banning this forum is a fool's errand. So many open wi-fi networks around town too.

;) IFB colleges have plenty of rules that can be skirted. I know... from experience.

AmazedbyGrace said:
With most students having smartphones, banning this forum is a fool's errand. So many open wi-fi networks around town too.
Truth be told, not only this forum, but many technology related items become an antiquated fools errand to ban.

Too often the guy banning "myspace" or "facebook" has no idea "snapchat" or "twitter" exists. Banning "theatres" is redundant with VOD, Netflix, Showmi etc available. Focusing all your attention on your service provider and intranet has no value when everyone has a data package and tethering capabilities.

The principles need to be reinforced, targeting the technology will simply make us look like we have no idea what we are talking about.

Back in my HAC days, the high school coach was on a crusade against the TV show "Happy Days." Even Godly Hammond Baptist High School kids were taken aback at him. When I went home on vacation, I found it in the listings and watched it every day, trying to figure out what was so evil about it.

Vince Massi said:
Back in my HAC days, the high school coach was on a crusade against the TV show "Happy Days." Even Godly Hammond Baptist High School kids were taken aback at him. When I went home on vacation, I found it in the listings and watched it every day, trying to figure out what was so evil about it.

Two words: Pinky Tuscadero  :eek:

In the mid 2000s, I saw a current college handbook from Dr. Malone's school that was so outdated it still had rules about playing "records".

Most institutions have a firewall on their network to prevent various and sundry things.  Often, forums in general are blocked.  I know of at least three IFB collages that use firewalls to prevent ads, social sites, media sites, activist sites, etc.  That might be different than actually developing a rule that this site is banned.  I have heard many sermons against looking around on the internet for rumors, gossip sites and trusting people who won't even give their real name.  But, can you trust me on that, since I haven't given my real name?

Citadel of Truth said:
Vince Massi said:

Two words: Pinky Tuscadero  :eek:

I had a big crush on Mrs. Kotter!

Binaca Chugger said:
Most institutions have a firewall on their network to prevent various and sundry things.  Often, forums in general are blocked.  I know of at least three IFB collages that use firewalls to prevent ads, social sites, media sites, activist sites, etc.  That might be different than actually developing a rule that this site is banned.  I have heard many sermons against looking around on the internet for rumors, gossip sites and trusting people who won't even give their real name.  But, can you trust me on that, since I haven't given my real name?

That assumes the bad students are using wifi and not their cell 4g service.

It's folly to think you are going to control what a person looks at on the their iphone.

bgwilkinson said:
Binaca Chugger said:

That assumes the bad students are using wifi and not their cell 4g service.

It's folly to think you are going to control what a person looks at on the their iphone.

True Dat!  Still, most of the IFB colleges, and most businesses, don't want that stuff on their machines.  Keep in mind, an institution can be held liable for anything done on those machines.  The philosophy is: "I may not be able to prevent them from X, but I can disallow it on the machines and service I provide." 

bgwilkinson said:

I agree with you that it is impossible to enforce such a rule, but I also see the need for such rules. It removes the liability from the employer if the employee violates a clearly stated workplace rule. I guess the same is true for colleges.

And Isis.

And the sisters on Petticoat Junction.

And the Lennon Sisters

And Peggy Fleming

And Sissy on Family Affair

And Mary Ellen

And Mary Ann

I guess TV should have been banned at my house.

"i think if i was administrator of a christian college.... i would make this forum required reading......."

Quote of the day. They won't do it, but it's still the quote of the day.

Did I mention Wonder Woman?

Vince Massi said:

Which coach was that? Staab? Price?

Binaca Chugger said:
Wait a minute... Do you mean to tell me that Binaca Chugger isn't your real name...?

BandGuy said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Wait a minute... Do you mean to tell me that Binaca Chugger isn't your real name...?

Only my friends call me Binaca Chugger.  ;)