Is This Something You Miss, too?

I wonder if later the man was gloriously.........SAVED!

I wouldn't doubt the guy talking was actually saying how much he really liked "Larry Smith".....

What a total buffoon.

WOW! What thin skin this man has!

I have found that the best thing to do when someone talks during my sermon is to continue preaching as if I don't see them. They will usually finish saying whatever they are saying, and the problem will be solved.

However, I think this is the best way to handle cell phone distractions in church... ;D

Pastor loses his temper in church!

Boomer said:

I have found that the best thing to do when someone talks during my sermon is to continue preaching as if I don't see them. They will usually finish saying whatever they are saying, and the problem will be solved.

However, I think this is the best way to handle cell phone distractions in church... ;D

How rude to answer your phone while in church. That was messed up

cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:

It is true the person with the phone was rude, but the pastor totally blew his sermon on God's love by demonstrating his total lack of it.

Boomer said:
cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:

It is true the person with the phone was rude, but the pastor totally blew his sermon on God's love by demonstrating his total lack of it.

I am not condoning his behavior. But, if you were in his shoes with all the children walking around, and then someone has the craziness to answer their phone you may blow a gasket as well. How on earth can one who is unsaved get anything from that type of zany service. lacks a ton of class

cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:
cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:

I am not condoning his behavior. But, if you were in his shoes with all the children walking around, and then someone has the craziness to answer their phone you may blow a gasket as well. How on earth can one who is unsaved get anything from that type of zany service. lacks a ton of class

I imagine you've never read....

2Ti 2:25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:
cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:

My church does not have all the zany children walking around (although you may hear a baby cry or a toddler drop a toy every so often), but I have had someone leave the service to answer the phone. It did not bother me because it almost never happens. The person who answered the phone may have been expecting an important or urgent call - you never know. I do not condone the woman's conduct in the video either, but a pastor has to learn to deal with things of that nature with grace.

I imagine the Apostle Paul preached to folks who didn't exactly sit up and listen with eyes fixed on him, yet he showed the love of Christ...

christundivided said:

2Ti 2:25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Same guy who said about his own opponents:

...having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck, of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

and...

If anyone preach a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be accursed

Yet Jesus said,

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven...

Smellin Coffee said:
christundivided said:

Same guy who said about his own opponents:

...having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck, of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

and...

If anyone preach a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be accursed

Yet Jesus said,

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven...

You're good at trying to separate Christ teachings from that of His Apostles. In context, its obvious Hymenaeus and Alexander rejected the sound teaching of the God in saying the "resurrection had passed". Those who preach another Gospel aren't the subject of 2 Timothy 2:25. I'm sure you already know this. I wonder why you drew the contrast in the teachings?

christundivided said:
You're good at trying to separate Christ teachings from that of His Apostles.

Just displaying an inconsistency. :)

christundivided said:
In context, its obvious Hymenaeus and Alexander rejected the sound teaching of the God in saying the "resurrection had passed". Those who preach another Gospel aren't the subject of 2 Timothy 2:25. I'm sure you already know this. I wonder why you drew the contrast in the teachings?

The contrast was Paul's attitude, how he taught others to behave one way while he would behave another when it became personal. That's all I was trying to demonstrate.

I am so thankful for a Pastor that has an understanding heart! If on a rare occasion a cell phone rings, he makes a joke about it. He is not easily distracted by children making noise.  After watching these two videos, I think they both need to learn more about God's love!

Smellin Coffee said:
christundivided said:
You're good at trying to separate Christ teachings from that of His Apostles.

Just displaying an inconsistency. :)

christundivided said:
In context, its obvious Hymenaeus and Alexander rejected the sound teaching of the God in saying the "resurrection had passed". Those who preach another Gospel aren't the subject of 2 Timothy 2:25. I'm sure you already know this. I wonder why you drew the contrast in the teachings?

The contrast was Paul's attitude, how he taught others to behave one way while he would behave another when it became personal. That's all I was trying to demonstrate.

I can't see that I disagree with your last statement. I do think we see varying personalities from the Apostles. This personality it often reflected in how they individually responded to various situations they faced.

I do believe you can see Christ reacting much the same way when dealing with the Pharisees. Christ had a lot of tolerance toward the common man but very little when it came to those who perverted God's teachings.

christundivided said:
I do believe you can see Christ reacting much the same way when dealing with the Pharisees. Christ had a lot of tolerance toward the common man but very little when it came to those who perverted God's teachings.

Perhaps the Pharisees as a group. But it seems he was quite cordial and engaging when speaking directly with them (Luke 19, John 3, Matthew 22). I would say that the only time He went somewhat "postal" was with the moneychangers at the temple and that was because they were defrauding people in the presence of the temple of God.

When Satan asked God to sift Peter, Jesus said He would pray for himPeter, not turn him over to Satan. :)

C'mon - the second is obviously staged to make a statement.  It is a parody of a very popular YouTube clip, which was also a fake (notice the old phone in this age).

Teacher breaks student's phone

Boomer said:
cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:
cave_dweller said:
Boomer said:

My church does not have all the zany children walking around (although you may hear a baby cry or a toddler drop a toy every so often), but I have had someone leave the service to answer the phone. It did not bother me because it almost never happens. The person who answered the phone may have been expecting an important or urgent call - you never know. I do not condone the woman's conduct in the video either, but a pastor has to learn to deal with things of that nature with grace.

I imagine the Apostle Paul preached to folks who didn't exactly sit up and listen with eyes fixed on him, yet he showed the love of Christ...

Okay, well it is good to know that you are perfect

myeyesareopen said:
While you are all yearning for the food you left behind here in Egypt....tell me do you miss things like this?

Larry Smith Stops A Talker

When I see preachers like this it turns me cold. I don't know this guy, but what a stinkin' jerrrk! His little pharisaical "Love ya" comments are so phony. Sorry, I had to "Vent" my feelings when I saw this.