Is This The Result Of Terrible Hyper Fundy Teaching?

AmazedbyGrace said:
There is no evidence Anna Duggar has done anything wrong, so there is no reason to cast any blame in her direction.

Josh, on the other hand, already has a reputation as a pedophile. He was caught watching "explicit" videos while working on a senator's campaign a few years later, which ended a previous betrothal. Now he is caught again in the Ashley Madison hack. 

Why would anyone  even suggest Anna could be at fault  for Josh's perversions? Does the fact their twisted views required her to have 4 babies in about 5 years give him license to cheat because she has less time for him? Anna can't win.

Anna needs to drop kick Josh to the curb.

One more thing: Courtship FAIL
Josh was already a pervert.

So, none of their "beliefs" can be blamed.

How sick do you have to be, to think that reproduction is "twisted"???

Maybe Anna feels fulfilled in motherhood.
Why are you so jaded?

We don't know if Anna has contributed to the problem, because Josh would've been a pervert one way or the other.
He probably has an ideal wife, and tramples her.

I will agree though, on courtship, that Anna and her parents probably trusted the Duggars wrongly.  One has to wonder if the Duggars convinced them that Josh was restored or cured or whatever.
One of the dangers of courting, in this modern world where either party can live a complete hidden life, is that you may be choosing Hell on Earth for your kids.

Haklo

The Duggar's beliefs enslave women. They are not allowed to make  adult decisions  about their  college education, career, who they marry, or if they can space out their children via birth control. All these decision are made for them.

Sad that recognizing such abuse of power makes someone appear jaded to you.

AmazedbyGrace said:
There is no evidence Anna Duggar has done anything wrong, so there is no reason to cast any blame in her direction.

Josh, on the other hand, already has a reputation as a pedophile. He was caught watching "explicit" videos while working on a senator's campaign a few years later, which ended a previous betrothal. Now he is caught again in the Ashley Madison hack. 

Why would anyone  even suggest Anna could be at fault  for Josh's perversions? Does the fact their twisted views required her to have 4 babies in about 5 years give him license to cheat because she has less time for him? Anna can't win.

Anna needs to drop kick Josh to the curb.

One more thing: Courtship FAIL

I think Anna has the right to "drop kick Josh to the curb", as you say.  Whether or not she exercises that right is up to her.

What I really wanted to comment on is that the failure here does not mean that Courtship itself cannot bring forth a happy marriage, any more than any other method of find a wife. 

My daughter went through something similar (without the cameras and breathless cable news updates). She chose to take him back and walk with him through the restoration process. He confessed his sin to the church family. He knows his weaknesses and has asked other men to mentor him and hold him accountable.

What I know is that this type of thing is not resolved between commercials on a TV show. To expect Mrs. Duggar to immediately make the decision that we think she should make is ridiculous. Why should her actions be dictated by the jerk of our knee?

FWIW my daughter never looked at herself and said if I had done this or not done that, he would not have sinned. What she did do was look at herself and ask the question "have I been true to my vows" and had to honestly answer no. A healthy marriage is made up of two people striving to be a healthy "one". On that they both failed.

AmazedbyGrace said:
The Duggar's beliefs enslave women. They are not allowed to make  adult decisions  about their  college education, career, who they marry, or if they can space out their children via birth control. All these decision are made for them.

So now "spacing out children with birth control" is righteousness, and having however many children God gives is slavery?

You are jaded.

Haklo

prophet said:
AmazedbyGrace said:

So now "spacing out children with birth control" is righteousness, and having however many children God gives is slavery?

You are jaded.

Haklo

We didn't "space" our kids. We did stop at three when God broke mom's body with disease. We "prevented" for the first year. Had our first girl just after our 2nd anniversary and let the arrive as God decided. The youngest is 4 years and 10 days younger than the oldest. Then the surgery.

subllibrm said:
prophet said:
AmazedbyGrace said:

You are jaded.

Haklo

We didn't "space" our kids. We did stop at three when God broke mom's body with disease. We "prevented" for the first year. Had our first girl just after our 2nd anniversary and let the arrive as God decided. The youngest is 4 years and 10 days younger than the oldest. Then the surgery.
We have 9, about 2 years apart.

Never tried to prevent God's Will in our reproduction.

Never had to, due to medical problems, thank God.

If you aren't ready to have kids, you aren't ready to marry...

Haklo

I allowed my wife to make the call, as to how many children we have.

IMO, it's her body and she is the one that will be home caring for them 24/7.
So, however many she thought she could handle and care for properly is how many I was good with.

Some men may frown on this as I'm not the head of my home and that's fine.

Bruh said:

Not this guy. You have the liberty within your union to work those things out. Hopefully in prayer together but as long as you are both in agreement, it is all good.

Short of some sort of abuse or neglect, it is none of my business anyway.

subllibrm said:
Bruh said:

Not this guy. You have the liberty within your union to work those things out. Hopefully in prayer together but as long as you are both in agreement, it is all good.

Short of some sort of abuse or neglect, it is none of my business anyway.

All I know is that, she's never tired.  :D

Bruh said:

So, however many she thought she could handle and care for properly is how many I was good with.

I married somebody who also believed it is God's call, so there's never been an issue.

But you are wrong, when you say "it's her body".

1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Her body is yours.

Haklo

prophet said:
Bruh said:

I married somebody who also believed it is God's call, so there's never been an issue.

The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Yes I agree. But when it comes to having children she is the one that has to carry the child and deliver. So when she said she was done, I said, ok. I was good, because she was.

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Yes I agree. But when it comes to having children she is the one that has to carry the child and deliver. So when she said she was done, I said, ok. I was good, because she was.
We all have liberty, and that is the main problem here.
Some don't like others' liberty.

Haklo

prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Haklo

IMO, this is the problem with the husband over riding the wife's opinion, when it comes to having children.

I know a couple and she is pregnant with their seventh child. I have no beef with how many children they have. But when the wife wanted to be done at the 4th or 5th child but the husband wanted 7, IMO, that's wrong.

He goes to work and leaves the wife at home with all these children. She ALWAYS looks tired and she told my wife that, they don't do school all that much because she can't.

Here's my point, some women are, made to handle more children than others. This is not a slam on those who can't, God made them this way. 

IMO, the husband needs to have more sympathy for his wife. And I believe he is dead wrong to do this to her.

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Haklo

IMO, this is the problem with the husband over riding the wife's opinion, when it comes to having children.

I know a couple and she is pregnant with their seventh child. I have no beef with how many children they have. But when the wife wanted to be done at the 4th or 5th child but the husband wanted 7, IMO, that's wrong.

He goes to work and leaves the wife at home with all these children. She ALWAYS looks tired and she told my wife that, they don't do school all that much because she can't.

Here's my point, some women are, made to handle more children than others. This is not a slam on those who can't, God made them this way. 

IMO, the husband needs to have more sympathy for his wife. And I believe he is dead wrong to do this to her.
So your wife's friend runs down the rightful God-given authority in her life, to your wife?

I think the problem starts there.

Haklo

prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Haklo

So your wife's friend runs down the rightful God-given authority in her life, to your wife?

Haklo

You miss the whole point.

Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Haklo

Haklo

No, I didn't.

You have one version of the story of what is going on in that man's home, and you are trying to argue against Scripture, or "how some would interpret it", using anecdotal non-evidence.

Not trying to get in your business, but you made need to guard your wife from these 2.

Haklo

prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:
prophet said:
Bruh said:

Her body is yours.

Haklo

Haklo

Haklo

No, I didn't.

You have one version of the story of what is going on in that man's home, and you are trying to argue against Scripture, or "how some would interpret it", using anecdotal non-evidence.

Not trying to get in your business, but you made need to guard your wife from these 2.

Haklo

Trust me, we don't have to much to do with them people. Because of the husband, he's to lazy for me, I don't have to much respect for him as a man. I feel sorry for his wife.

T-Bone said:
Ana Duggar believes she is partly to blame for her husband's infidelity.  Many on this and the former FFF, used this family as a model for all families....what kind of teaching leads a young woman to make such a statement?

http://womanista.com/2015/08/21/anna-duggar-partly-blames-herself-for-husband-joshs-cheating/

Since this "teaching" has been around say since the beginning of the church age and since the term fundamentalism/fundamentalist was coined in the 1900's what was this "teaching" called before these said terms were coined? {"Terrible hyper_ _ _ _ _ teaching"} What particular group{if one} was their target?

Bob H said:
T-Bone said:
Ana Duggar believes she is partly to blame for her husband's infidelity.  Many on this and the former FFF, used this family as a model for all families....what kind of teaching leads a young woman to make such a statement?

http://womanista.com/2015/08/21/anna-duggar-partly-blames-herself-for-husband-joshs-cheating/

Since this "teaching" has been around say since the beginning of the church age and since the term fundamentalism/fundamentalist was coined in the 1900's what was this "teaching" called before these said terms were coined? {"Terrible hyper_ _ _ _ _ teaching"} What particular group{if one} was their target?

Clearly there have always been poor teachings throughout church history...but for this lady, her taking the responsibility for her husband's infidelity would certainly be influence more by her recent terrible teaching and it's source than what happened 2000 years ago.