Is This The Result Of Terrible Hyper Fundy Teaching?

prophet said:
Never tried to prevent God's Will in our reproduction.
How in the world can two people even care properly for 9 Children?!! It may be possible, but certainly not probable.
It takes a mature, CHRISTIAN to pray for Gods guidance to learn whether it is wise to do JUST THAT which results in multiple children.

If you aren't ready to have kids, you aren't ready to marry...
If you think mindlessly knocking up your wife over and over again, then blaming God for the results of your lack of self control is "God's will" you need to read your bible. You're describing the EXACT people who are not ready to have children. Kids are NOT a litter of PUPPIES for Gods sakes

Biker said:
prophet said:
How in the world can two people even care properly for 9 Children?!! It may be possible, but certainly not probable.
It takes a mature, CHRISTIAN to pray for Gods guidance to learn whether it is wise to do JUST THAT which results in multiple children.

If you think mindlessly knocking up your wife over and over again, then blaming God for the results of your lack of self control is "God's will" you need to read your bible. Those are the people who are NOT ready to have kids. Kids are NOT a litter of PUPPIES for Gods sakes

3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one?s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.

what does this mean? ^^^

and who are the enemies at the gate?

who are my enemies that I suddenly need to get off the forum... and go start knocking up my wife?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Biker said:
prophet said:

If you think mindlessly knocking up your wife over and over again, then blaming God for the results of your lack of self control is "God's will" you need to read your bible. Those are the people who are NOT ready to have kids. Kids are NOT a litter of PUPPIES for Gods sakes

The Bible also seems to liken children to fountains and rivers of waters as well if my interpretation is right.  Proverbs 15:16.

brianb said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Biker said:
prophet said:

The Bible also seems to liken children to fountains and rivers of waters as well if my interpretation is right.  Proverbs 15:16.
That's not the correct verse but I'll take your word for it. How that relates to this discussion I dunno.

How it means that people who are not ready for children shouldn't marry which is what Prophet said, i dunno.
Then he says he has 9 kids. How it relates to me saying that mindlessly knocking up your wife to produce a ton of kids is wrong, who knows.

You need to have the TIME to take to care and love your children. If not, don't have them. People who see them as puppies don't see them as blessings

Each child means dividing up that little awake time...you have, after sleeping and working (what about 7-8  hrs?)  Divide now by how many children you have. Now imagine only spending that amount of time with each child per day, and instead,  neglecting the emotional and sexual needs of your wife. No quiet time for you, no time to study the bible or do the other commands GOD expects.

FTR, Homeschooling because you are too fat and lazy to get them all up and dressed to go to school is not ok. Children are blessings, they are not little grown ups who raise themselves. Children require an enormous amount of time and attention. MY grandson is one example of this

Biker said:
brianb said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Biker said:
prophet said:

That's not the correct verse but I'll take your word for it. How that relates to this discussion I dunno.

How it means that people who are not ready for children shouldn't marry which is what Prophet said, i dunno.
Then he says he has 9 kids. How it relates to me saying that mindlessly knocking up your wife to produce a ton of kids is wrong, who knows.

You need to have the TIME to take to care and love your children. If not, don't have them. People who see them as puppies don't see them as blessings

Each child means dividing up that little awake time...you have, after sleeping and working (what about 7-8  hrs?)  Divide now by how many children you have. Now imagine only spending that amount of time with each child per day, and instead,  neglecting the emotional and sexual needs of your wife. No quiet time for you, no time to study the bible or do the other commands GOD expects.

FTR, Homeschooling because you are too fat and lazy to get them all up and dressed to go to school is not ok. Children are blessings, they are not little grown ups who raise themselves. Children require an enormous amount of time and attention. MY grandson is one example of this

I meant Proverbs 5. Don't know why I wrote 15.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Biker said:
prophet said:

Rain is also a reward, but too much of a good thing can call all kinds of damage.

Good to see that Planned Parenthood has indoctrinated us well with their philosophy.

IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
I would think it would be a normal reaction to blame/question yourself when someone you love stumbles.

Having said that, there are no doubt many married Christian women who use sex as a weapon to control their husbands.

How do you know that women control their husbands this way?

You're kidding, right?  This has gone on ever since Eve said to Adam, "Eat this or you ain't gettin' any!"

I once heard a family member say she was refusing sex to her spouse as punishment.  How can anyone even think this *doesn't* happen?  This is one reason why Paul says to "Defraud not".

It goes on constantly! I know scores guys that have wives that hold it over their head. I also know one married man who's wife has not let him touch her in nearly a decade. It is the biggest complaint of the men I know. I can tell you that at least 80% of the men I know are unhappy with their sex lives, have controlling and verbally abusive wives and get chewed out nearly every day by them. Sorry , but it is true and not women from the world - it is many, many church raised women too.

rsc2a said:
Rain is also a reward, but too much of a good thing can call all kinds of damage.

Poor analogy.  And I don't recall anything in the Bible about birth control.  The closest thing I can recall is not to let your seed spill on the ground.

I was content to let God handle birth control.  I ended up with 2 kids.  I guess that was his limit for me. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

Poor analogy.  And I don't recall anything in the Bible about birth control.  The closest thing I can recall is not to let your seed spill on the ground.

I was content to let God handle birth control.  I ended up with 2 kids.  I guess that was his limit for me.

Yeah...the Bible doesn't say anything about birth control. Let me know when you ditch indoor plumbing, internal combustion engines, and modern medicine.

And my wife is one of 12. Eating out of the dumpster while growing up wasn't that rare of an occurrence. To say nothing of the lack of sufficient medical care, inability to properly educate that many children, total dependence on the benevolence of others, etc....

I guess if God keeps giving you kids, you need to keep having them. Doesn't matter if you absolutely cannot provide for them. After all, modern medicine is good....but not that modern medicine.

The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

Poor analogy. And I don't recall anything in the Bible about birth control.  The closest thing I can recall is not to let your seed spill on the ground.

No you weren't content to let God handle your birth control. You said you have two children. I will assume you did THAT ONE EXACT THING which produces that result hence why you are so quick to believe you are their father.

MARY, Mother of Jesus, did exactly what you are claiming. Her birth control was handled completely by GOD, at least for a time. She did NOT do that exact act which produces children, she did the exact opposite of what YOU DID. You could've helped your mate spill her seed (like onus) and vice versa, she with you. You could've had oral. What do you think god gave you fingers and a mouth for? And.... and what about Sarah?
Sure it's the OT but let's look at it in relation to the New Covenant
"And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise" Luke 1:42

By default, Sara pleaded with God to change her circumstances and he did, at different times. Not to her liking, or to the traditions but he did to some extent. Barren in the new covenant? Pray then. Take on an orphan, we've fulfiled the command from the OT to be fruitful and multiply so now we have a new one replacing it which tells us to care for the widows and orphans.

"to be fruitful and multiply" is an OT command. In order to fulfill it, and TRULY heed that command, then barren women would be forced to be accepting of adultery. Their husbands would need to take on new wives to fulfill this command. Remember the outpouring to God...their broken hearts each time their husband broke their bond by being forced to take on another woman as a wife in order to reproduce? Yet the Quiverful movement wants to pretend the fulfilling of this command OMITS THIS portion.
Back in the OT, the old covenant,  to be barren was a disgrace. Each child birthed brought more prestige to the mother. And back then, an age of 12-13 was custom to pair up a small child with a grown man. Now we'd consider taking on a new spouse and relations with them as adultery. We'd consider the next case as child molesting.

The poor barren women suffered for their infliction, as did their husbands under the flawed OT System.  Jacob being forced to have relations with his own sister in law Leah, who was also his wife. When he really only wanted Rachel. But due to the fulfilling of that command, he was forced to perform something that was unnatural to him, that violated his relationship with his loved one. He had no love for Leah. ANd this is one reason why child molesting is so accepted and harbored within the Quiverful movement as it was normal for children of 12-13 yrs old to be given to grown men, and to declare them of an age to consent. Back then you could see that, there wasn't the rampid sexual deviancy we endure daily with tv, billboards, Yahoo as our search engine, etc...Making more years being subjected to perversions taking it's toll in a demented form of advanced maturity a child cannot comprehend. But the adult man does. The world has now been replenished with people...and new commands come with such a result.

Children are STILL a blessing, but to not have kids isn't the curse it was. Children are available via adoption and foster care.

Cheerful giving is the way, in bed and regarding donating to the church.  OT tithing was done away with the OT (and only a few it was commanded of anyhow) unless you are a heretic preacher who is also a swindler, lazy, slothful as hell, sitting on the tuff robbing God and his sheep of their hard earned cash. Those men are perverts -also- because they cling to the OT, pick and choose whatever commands they want, and invent new ones such as "faithful giving" as a requirement to jin church membership. Pastors/Elders are REQUIRED to accept anyone into the fold who has accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, and understands those implications of such a commitment.  He or she is our family now, and we must accept them as part of our family. We are not commanded to create new family members for ourselves, just accept the ones we've already been given. This is the New Covenant. And more of my ramblings on...and on

Biker said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

Poor analogy. And I don't recall anything in the Bible about birth control.  The closest thing I can recall is not to let your seed spill on the ground.

No you weren't content to let God handle your birth control. You said you have two children. I will assume you did THAT ONE EXACT THING which produces that result hence why you are so quick to believe you are their father.

MARY, Mother of Jesus, did exactly what you are claiming. Her birth control was handled completely by GOD, at least for a time. She did NOT do that exact act which produces children, she did the exact opposite of what YOU DID. You could've helped your mate spill her seed (like onus) and vice versa, she with you. You could've had oral. What do you think god gave you fingers and a mouth for? And.... and what about Sarah?
Sure it's the OT but let's look at it in relation to the New Covenant
"And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise" Luke 1:42

By default, Sara pleaded with God to change her circumstances and he did, at different times. Not to her liking, or to the traditions but he did to some extent. Barren in the new covenant? Pray then. Take on an orphan, we've fulfiled the command from the OT to be fruitful and multiply so now we have a new one replacing it which tells us to care for the widows and orphans.

"to be fruitful and multiply" is an OT command. In order to fulfill it, and TRULY heed that command, then barren women would be forced to be accepting of adultery. Their husbands would need to take on new wives to fulfill this command. Remember the outpouring to God...their broken hearts each time their husband broke their bond by being forced to take on another woman as a wife in order to reproduce? Yet the Quiverful movement wants to pretend the fulfilling of this command OMITS THIS portion.
Back in the OT, the old covenant,  to be barren was a disgrace. Each child birthed brought more prestige to the mother. And back then, an age of 12-13 was custom to pair up a small child with a grown man. Now we'd consider taking on a new spouse and relations with them as adultery. We'd consider the next case as child molesting.

The poor barren women suffered for their infliction, as did their husbands under the flawed OT System.  Jacob being forced to have relations with his own sister in law Leah, who was also his wife. When he really only wanted Rachel. But due to the fulfilling of that command, he was forced to perform something that was unnatural to him, that violated his relationship with his loved one. He had no love for Leah. ANd this is one reason why child molesting is so accepted and harbored within the Quiverful movement as it was normal for children of 12-13 yrs old to be given to grown men, and to declare them of an age to consent. Back then you could see that, there wasn't the rampid sexual deviancy we endure daily with tv, billboards, Yahoo as our search engine, etc...Making more years being subjected to perversions taking it's toll in a demented form of advanced maturity a child cannot comprehend. But the adult man does. The world has now been replenished with people...and new commands come with such a result.

Children are STILL a blessing, but to not have kids isn't the curse it was. Children are available via adoption and foster care.

Cheerful giving is the way, in bed and regarding donating to the church.  OT tithing was done away with the OT (and only a few it was commanded of anyhow) unless you are a heretic preacher who is also a swindler, lazy, slothful as hell, sitting on the tuff robbing God and his sheep of their hard earned cash. Those men are perverts -also- because they cling to the OT, pick and choose whatever commands they want, and invent new ones such as "faithful giving" as a requirement to jin church membership. Pastors/Elders are REQUIRED to accept anyone into the fold who has accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, and understands those implications of such a commitment.  He or she is our family now, and we must accept them as part of our family. We are not commanded to create new family members for ourselves, just accept the ones we've already been given. This is the New Covenant. And more of my ramblings on...and on
You're definitely a left-coaster.

Haklo

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
rsc2a said:

Yeah...the Bible doesn't say anything about birth control. Let me know when you ditch indoor plumbing, internal combustion engines, and modern medicine.

And my wife is one of 12. Eating out of the dumpster while growing up wasn't that rare of an occurrence. To say nothing of the lack of sufficient medical care, inability to properly educate that many children, total dependence on the benevolence of others, etc....

I guess if God keeps giving you kids, you need to keep having them. Doesn't matter if you absolutely cannot provide for them. After all, modern medicine is good....but not that modern medicine.
Who needs modern medicine?

Haklo

subllibrm said:
Good to see that Planned Parenthood has indoctrinated us well with their philosophy.
so...can I ask how many kids you have with those beliefs and your age range?
are they all biological or ...are any foster/adopt children receiving a subsidy?

I guess it goes without saying but older foster kids (age 6+ in our area) will usually fair better in any size foster family because otherwise, 90% of them end up living at the receiving home or a group home. Paid staff in an institutionalized setting. I admire any foster family, but the larger they are, it's hard not to admire them even more

Biker said:
subllibrm said:
are they all biological or ...are any foster/adopt children receiving a subsidy?

I guess it goes without saying but older foster kids (age 6+ in our area) will usually fair better in any size foster family because otherwise, 90% of them end up living at the receiving home or a group home. Paid staff in an institutionalized setting. I admire any foster family, but the larger they are, it's hard not to admire them even more
Terrets much?

Haklo

Biker said:
FTR, Homeschooling because you are too fat and lazy to get them all up and dressed to go to school is not ok.

That is NOT the reason most people homeschool - we disagree with the indoctrination the state is forcing down our kids' throats. It's FAR more work than sending them to school, and the standardized tests show that the results are GREAT.

That is NOT the reason most people homeschool - we disagree with the indoctrination the state is forcing down our kids' throats. It's FAR more work than sending them to school, and the standardized tests show that the results are GREAT.
I didn't say it was. We also homeschooled our son for a little while.

prophet said:
Biker said:
subllibrm said:

Terrets much?

Haklo
It's Saturday. Go spend time with your family.