Is Yours More Pagan?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This guy's not even a Baptist and has more sense than many IFB's.

https://www.crosswalk.com/church/worship/is-your-church-worship-more-pagan-than-christian.html

Twisted said:

https://www.crosswalk.com/church/worship/is-your-church-worship-more-pagan-than-christian.html

In my recent experience, that is not a very high standard.  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:

In my recent experience, that is not a very high standard.  :)

Exactly why I said it.

I noticed that he grew up Southern Baptist.
Guess he wouldn't appreciate JD Greear's fanny shake exhibition.

Have to confess to not fully, carefully reading the article posted by the OP. Skimmed it...

These discussions remind me of people who think they know how other people should interact with their spouse.

Two wives are at their husband's softball game. Wife No. 1 cheers loudly whenever her husband is up to bat. Cheers even more loudly if he hits the ball. Shouts out encouragement if he doesn't do well.  Wife No. 2, opposite. Utters not a word when her husband is up to bat. He makes a great play, she doesn't shout out a cheer.

Which wife loves her husband better? More properly?

What if the back story is this: Wife No. 1 has a husband who says, "It really encourages me when you cheer me on! I just love that support!" while Wife No. 2 has a husband who says, "I really love it when you come to the game to watch, but it would totally embarrass me if you were to cheer for me. I just don't like that kind of attention."

So, which wife loves her husband better? More properly?

brainisengaged said:
Have to confess to not fully, carefully reading the article posted by the OP. Skimmed it...

These discussions remind me of people who think they know how other people should interact with their spouse.

Two wives are at their husband's softball game. Wife No. 1 cheers loudly whenever her husband is up to bat. Cheers even more loudly if he hits the ball. Shouts out encouragement if he doesn't do well.  Wife No. 2, opposite. Utters not a word when her husband is up to bat. He makes a great play, she doesn't shout out a cheer.

What if the back story is this: Wife No. 1 has a husband who says, "It really encourages me when you cheer me on! I just love that support!" while Wife No. 2 has a husband who says, "I really love it when you come to the game to watch, but it would totally embarrass me if you were to cheer for me. I just don't like that kind of attention."

I'm more interested in the probably that two men have wives that listen to them.

qwerty said:
brainisengaged said:

I'm more interested in the probably that two men have wives that listen to them.
Ha!
Yes.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk