Isn't the KJV Perfect?

logos1560

Elect
Reaction score
Baxter, Daniel J. Isn't the KJV Perfect? Lulu, 2012. 229 pages www.lulu.com

The author of this book stated: "I was raised in an independent, fundamental, Bible believing, hell fire and brimstone preaching, bible thumping, King James Version only Baptist Church" (p. 11). On the back cover, Daniel Baxter wrote: "I had been taught that the King James Version was the only true Bible and that all other translations were inspired by Satan."
This author is a former KJV-only advocate.

Daniel Baxter wrote: "The problem is KJVOism is not found in the BIble yet they still believe it" (p. 114).

Daniel Baxter asserts: "KJV-Onlyism is full of self-contradiction and double standards" (p. 107).

Baxter asserts: "KJV-Onlyism uses circular logic in their reasoning" (p. 106).

Ordered a copy.

Daniel Baxter asserted: "KJVOism definitely adds to the commands of the LORD" (p. 123).

Ordered a copy.
Got my copy.

Opened it up and it fell to page 131, where this "skolar" enlightened us all that "kill" in Exodus 20:13 and "candlestick" in Exodus 25:31-38 are "errors". Whew! I paid good money and this is what I get?

When I get time to waste, I'll start at the beginning and watch this poor man struggle with "issues" that have been handled a thousand times over.

• Haha
Reactions: UGC
True to form, your screed fails to address the actual issue at hand.

None of your kiddie cartoon explains how "KJV-onlyism is not found in the Bible" constitutes circular reasoning.

Is this guy still wasting his time attacking the Bible?
Sweeping Generalization Fallacy. Get more specific.

For the guy who constantly whines that KJV users "can only use fallacies", you sure do use a lot of them yourself.

Is this not a Fundamental Baptist forum? Is "Fundamental" not in the name? Why are all these anti-fundamental, anti-Bible outcasts running rampant on here without anyone else checking them?
Disagreeing with human KJV-only reasoning/teaching is not attacking the Bible as UGC seems to try to suggest incorrectly. UGC, you fail to prove your bogus allegations against me.

I am a KJV reader. A believer can read only the KJV, and not be a KJV-only advocate. I am a fundamentalist, an independent Baptist Bible-believer. I believe all that the Scriptures actually state about themselves. I accept and believe the KJV as what it actually is.

I am not anti-KJV, anti-fundamental, or anti-Bible as you try falsely to suggest.

I do not assert what you falsely allege. I did not say that KJV-only advocates "only use fallacies." What I have accurately stated is that human, non-scriptural KJV-only reasoning/teaching is dependent upon use of fallacies. Use of fallacies is only one of the problems with KJV-only reasoning. There are also other problems with modern KJV-only teaching.

KJV-only advocates accept some scriptural truths that they try to mix in with their non-scriptural, extra-biblical, human KJV-only reasoning. Making use of the fallacy of begging the question, KJV-only advocates assume their unproven premises to be true instead of actually proving them to be true. KJV-only advocates will not apply the exact same measures to the process of the making of the KJV that they try to apply to the process of the making of other English Bible translations. Specific scriptural truths that conflict with non-scriptural KJV-only teaching have been presented.

You should be kicked out of these forums. Along with your hypocritical avatar when you act just like Ruckman at his worst. You share nothing in common with Fundamental Baptists.
So sorry to blaspheme your Lord and Saviour, St. Petey the Worm Food.

And you still failed to identify the "circular reasoning" in saying KJV-onlyism is not found in the Bible.

That's because I'm not your friendly neighborhood free info man.
Indeed. You're not any kind of info man. You are a complete and utter ignoramus, having zero knowledge of any kind.

You certainly spend a lot of time and effort attacking it rather than teaching from it or talking about it in ways that might lead others to Christ or grow them in the knowledge of the scriptures.
Your allegation is false. You disobey the Scriptures by bearing false witness in your false allegations against me.

Exposing and answering erroneous KJV-only reasoning is not attacking the KJV. I defend the KJV as what it actually is. The KJV is the word of God translated into English in the same way or in the same sense as the pre-1611 English Bibles such as the Geneva Bible are the word of God translated into English and in the same way that post-1611 English Bibles such as the NKJV are the word of God translated into English. Do you suggest that the KJV translators attacked the KJV when they indicated that the KJV was not perfect and that it should be tried by the standard of the preserved Scriptures in the original languages?

My scripturally-based points that answer human KJV-only reasoning are cited and taught from the KJV.

Do you ever practice what you preach or do you just strive to be like those you hate? Because you hate Ruckman but copy all his negative aspects while sharing none of the good.
Please, whine some more.

Why do you always talk like a Catholic Bishop from the 14th Century who's getting his office called into question.

Relax, man, nobody buys all that pious formal jargon.
Don't use all them thar big words, logos, the Ruckmanoids can't foller yuh. But mebbe UGC kin do sumthin with his "circular reasoning" and book larnin.

Why do you always talk like a Catholic Bishop from the 14th Century who's getting his office called into question.
I don't. Your question is invalid since it assume as true allegations that you have not proven to be true.

I make points based on clear scriptural truths such as the clear command in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good."

*ring ring* Nice doggie.

Speaking of how acting can only get you so far, the UGC Wonder Twins are just sore their "We know stuff, ayup" act has been shown to not quite rise to the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" level of credibility.

Relax, man, nobody buys all that pious formal jargon.
Likely because he keeps his emotions in check and utilizes his time and effort to just deal with the issues.