Israel

subllibrm

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
So this was posted on FB as a response to the upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump:

"As least Trump doesn't want to split Israel he wants to stand up for them and Obama is against Israel and in the progress of splitting Israel which will bring a curse against the United States."

I have no idea what is meant nor how to reply.

subllibrm said:
So this was posted on FB as a response to the upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump:

"As least Trump doesn't want to split Israel he wants to stand up for them and Obama is against Israel and in the progress of splitting Israel which will bring a curse against the United States."

The prophet Joel prophesied that dividing the land of Israel would be a big factor before the Battle of Armageddon.

Joel 3:2 (NKJV)

I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.

I know many aren't dispensationalists on this forum but regardless Israel is still God's chosen people and woe to those who try to destroy them or divide their land.  The biggest mantra of those who insist God has washed His hands of Israel is "coincidences."
http://www.raptureready.com/featured/kelley/jack112.html

biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:

The prophet Joel prophesied that dividing the land of Israel would be a big factor before the Battle of Armageddon.

Joel 3:2 (NKJV)

I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.

I know many aren't dispensationalists on this forum but regardless Israel is still God's chosen people and woe to those who try to destroy them or divide their land.  The biggest mantra of those who insist God has washed His hands of Israel is "coincidences."
http://www.raptureready.com/featured/kelley/jack112.html

But how does the US have the responsibility to keep Israel intact? And wouldn't the US be one of the "all nations"? All of which is predicated on the assumption that modern Israel is the same as the biblical Nation Of Israel. And if that is true  who was cursed prior to 1948?

BTW I do not believe that God is done with Israel. I believe there will be a final fight. But it will be Israel (in whatever form God preserves them) and Jesus battling the entire rest of the world (Gog and Magog). So where does the US fit into the end times narrative (assuming that the country even exists then)?

If the dispensationalists are right that there is a radical distinction between Israel and the Church, then I don't understand why, in the dispensation of the church, we should think the secular state of Israel is, in fact, the Israel if the Old Covenant.

Ransom said:
If the dispensationalists are right that there is a radical distinction between Israel and the Church, then I don't understand why, in the dispensation of the church, we should think the secular state of Israel is, in fact, the Israel if the Old Covenant.
Aside from the fact that the Apostle Paul declared that God wasn't finished with Israel in Romans 9 many prophecies are found concerning the restoration of the Jews to their homeland never to be driven out again.
Amos 9:14-15 (NKJV)

I will bring back the captives of My people Israel;
They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them;
They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them.
I will plant them in their land,
And no longer shall they be pulled up

From the land I have given them,?
Says the Lord your God.

Isaiah 11:11-12

It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time
To recover the remnant of His people who are left,
From Assyria and Egypt,
From Pathros and Cush,
From Elam and Shinar,
From Hamath and the islands of the sea.
He will set up a banner for the nations,
And will assemble the outcasts of Israel,
And gather together the dispersed of Judah
From the four corners of the earth. (not just from the East as when they returned from the Babylonian Captivity bur from the North, and All Countries.)

Jeremiah 16:14-15
God Will Restore Israel

14 ?Therefore behold, the days are coming,? says the Lord, ?that it shall no more be said, ?The Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,? 15 but, ?The Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had driven them.? For I will bring them back into their land which I gave to their fathers.

Scofield with all his faults correctly predicted the return of the Jews and the restoration to their homeland in 1909 many years before the event took place in 1948.

Ezekiel 34:28 - "The whole passage (v.23-30) speaks of a restoration yet future, for the remnant which returned after the 70 years, and their posterity, were continually under Gentile yoke, until, in A.D. 70, they were finally driven from the land into a dispersion which still continues." (Scofield Reference Bible)  When those words were penned in 1909 he was mocked because Russia was a Christian Orthodox nation and Israel had not existed as a nation for over 2,000 years.  Check out his note on Ezekiel 38:2.

Israel today is a miracle nation.  The video below says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydwxy9yqhzM

subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:
Israel today is a miracle nation.

Which has what exactly to do with the USA?
I believe one of the main reasons America has been blessed is because she has been a haven to persecuted Jews from around the world since her founding.  Make no mistake about it.  If America turns against Israel we will face God's judgment just as Russia will and all other nations that come together at the last battle of Armageddon.  Genesis 12:3 was an unconditional covenant.

biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

I believe one of the main reasons America has been blessed is because she has been a haven to persecuted Jews from around the world since her founding.  Make no mistake about it.  If America turns against Israel we will face God's judgment just as Russia will and all other nations that come together at the last battle of Armageddon.  Genesis 12:3 was an unconditional covenant.

How will the US not turn against Israel? There is no other ally in prophecy but Jesus Himself.

subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

How will the US not turn against Israel? There is no other ally in prophecy but Jesus Himself.
Basically, you are correct.  Israel is a tiny country and the only  democracy in the Middle East and yet the whole world is opposed to them.  The United States has just about been the only friend they have had but under President Obama even America has turned its back on Israel which is very dangerous.  I believe we are getting much closer to the battle when Israel will be exterminated except for their Messiah (whom they don't recognize at present) stepping in to crush the Gentile world powers. 
http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/end-times-harbinger-nations-gang-up-on-israel/?cat_orig=world

biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

Don't you know what the three middle letters of JerUSAlem are? ;)

pbuckhunt said:
biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

The reason(s) the US should support Israel are political and strategic, not biblical.
You can take that literally and seriously!

Tarheel Baptist said:
pbuckhunt said:
biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

The reason(s) the US should support Israel are political and strategic, not biblical.
This<^^^

earnestly contend

Tarheel Baptist said:
pbuckhunt said:
biscuit1953 said:
subllibrm said:
biscuit1953 said:

I can agree with that answer. The "God will curse us if we don't" theory just doesn't cut it with me.

biscuit1953 said:
Genesis 12:3 was an unconditional covenant.

Ransom said:
I don't understand why, in the dispensation of the church, we should think the secular state of Israel is, in fact, the Israel if the Old Covenant.

Neither the The Israel of the O.T. nor the secular State of Israel have any connection to the Covenant of Genesis 12:3.  Paul cleared up this point in Galatians 3:16.