It's time for toys.

I'll be ready!

Elect
Elect
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
71
Reaction score
18
Points
8
Location
United States
In a few short months or less folks will be looking over what came in the mail today labeled current or resident. Toy catalog!
I don't have kids but nephews who were, many moons ago.

I thought I'd leaf through it.
Barbie, Disney Princess and KPOP Demon Hunters. Barbie looks pretty much like I remember. Very inclusive for everything. I also see Bratz. That was a controversy back when. Just remembering.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260924_154924.webp
    IMG_20260924_154924.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20260924_155024.webp
    IMG_20260924_155024.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20260924_154943.webp
    IMG_20260924_154943.webp
    1 MB · Views: 0
for me it;s always time for toys... . ...... i am not ashamed to admit i still have a toy box of my own in my closet.. ... .. i even bought new examples of old favorite toys i lost when removed from my original home many years ago - and added those to the collection....... ....i also buy toys for relatives kids and kids of friends all year long and try to hold them until christmas or birthdays... ... but i always end up giving them to the kids before that.. .... i can;t resist it...... :sneaky:

gumbyandpokey3.webp


gumbyandpokey.webp
 
for me it;s always time for toys... . ...... i am not ashamed to admit i still have a toy box of my own in my closet.. ... .. i even bought new examples of old favorite toys i lost when removed from my original home many years ago - and added those to the collection....... ....i also buy toys for relatives kids and kids of friends all year long and try to hold them until christmas or birthdays... ... but i always end up giving them to the kids before that.. .... i can;t resist it...... :sneaky:

View attachment 9582


View attachment 9583
I love the old time toys too!
 
for me it;s always time for toys... . ...... i am not ashamed to admit i still have a toy box of my own in my closet.. ... .. i even bought new examples of old favorite toys i lost when removed from my original home many years ago - and added those to the collection....... ....i also buy toys for relatives kids and kids of friends all year long and try to hold them until christmas or birthdays... ... but i always end up giving them to the kids before that.. .... i can;t resist it...... :sneaky:

View attachment 9582


View attachment 9583
😆😆
 
My next toy: (provided no one else bids on it before Monday)

View attachment 9587
I won the bid. I'll need to pull my trailer down from the back of the property and do paperwork and write a check tomorrow.

I don't plan to do anything but keep it on the property to help scrape the ground. I have an old bedspring and plan to find a scraper.
 
I love the old time toys too!
the original gumby and pokey i had were already old when i got them.. .. they were handed down by my moms cousin... ....already dried out but still fun to play with...... .... but the ones i have now are bran new - and i have more than one set of them... :cool:
 
1000003638.webp
My new (to me) ATV in my backyard. As y'all can see, I live on the side of a hill. The hill is bumpy which is why I want to scrape it up. It's taking some getting used to; I feel like this thing is going to tip over. I tried dragging the bedspring over the grass. The tires chewed up the ground more than the bedspring did. Oh well, the learning curve begins.
 
View attachment 9605
My new (to me) ATV in my backyard. As y'all can see, I live on the side of a hill. The hill is bumpy which is why I want to scrape it up. It's taking some getting used to; I feel like this thing is going to tip over. I tried dragging the bedspring over the grass. The tires chewed up the ground more than the bedspring did. Oh well, the learning curve begins.
that;s pretty awesome.. .... ocean safety uses them here on remote beaches... ems has a few with long platform that can handle a stretcher....... ..and in town late at night crews drive them on waikiki beach dragging something that looks kinda like a bed spring to clean debris out of the sand.... ... very useful.. .... there is also a tour company at kualoa ranch that rents them out and takes tourists on guided tours through the lower part of the rainforest there.. ..... it;s popular place as it was one of the locations where numerous jurassic park movies was made... .. other movies too but that;s the one most people remember...... .
 
Even after all these decades, I still haven't been able to get over the disappointment of never completing my McDonald's plastic figure collection. The Hamburglar really let me down.
 
Back
Top