I've thought the same thing....

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/04/im-just-asking-a-question-rush-limbaugh-reveals-what-hes-always-wondered-about-obama/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Obama is at best, an agnostic.

He is a cultural Muslim. 

He grew up under it, grew up in a Muslim country, was called to prayer every day, had a Muslim father and step father.....etc, etc.

"Train up a child......and when he is old....he will not depart from it."

Like any other ethnic/religious minority, you view "your kind" as being seen as a lesser by the broader community.  Obama promotes Islam not as a theology, but as a way of life.  He's an anthropologist who doesn't believe in the stone idols of the culture he is studying, but wants to tell the world just how great and exiting the culture of that jungle tribe is.

Am I way off?

And to add to that, I think Rush Limbaugh is not exactly the spokesperson for I want for promoting Christians either.  I have to wonder about him sometimes.

aleshanee said:
yeah... i would say you are pretty far off......  unless hawaii has been secretly declared a muslim country... ???..... i live here and i never heard anything about it....... 8)

most of this was already covered here as recently as november....

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/the-fighting-forum/president-obama-admits-he's-a-muslim/

though he lived in indonesia until the age of 10 he went to an exclusive private school established especially for the kids of americans living and working there.........  then at age 10 he was brought to honolulu where he attended and later graduated from the most exclusive private school on the island.......  in both cases he lived a life of the aristocracy.... pampered and completely isolated from both the culture.. and the realities... of the place he was living in... ... ......

he is no more a muslim than he is a hawaiian.... or even ohana or kama-aina ..... he;s a chameleon that turns himself into whatever he wants to be to try and fit in, or seize the moment........

and as far as what he believes?........ i think he believes in nothing.... just like every other graduate of punahou school i;ve ever known....... unless you count entitlement and influence peddling....  they are all strong believers in that.. .....  :-\

I think we actually do agree more than what we think we do (is that confusing??)

I didn't mean Cultural Muslim as in "practicing".

I believe he is at "best" an agnostic, and most likely an atheist (unless you count worshipping himself! :D )

He's by definition an opportunist...and a chameleon....he's a politician.

In regards to Indonesia, I think 10 years under a system, to a relatively intelligent mind allows you to have an opinion.  He didnt leave Indonesia at 3.  His brain was already very well developed by 10.

aleshanee said:
i have friends who were actually born in foreign countries and went to american schools while growing up there..... some of them grew up in those countries to the age of 18 and beyond yet never even learned to speak that countries language..... .....american schools overseas are pretty good at keeping kids of american citizens grounded in american ideology...... and the kids really are kept mostly isolated from the hosts country culture....... especially it;s religion and politics..... ......

Good point!

Was his school in Indonesia "American" or "English Speaking Indonesian" for aristocrats?  That could be significant.  I don't know enough to be sure.

aleshanee said:
Sola scriptural said:
aleshanee said:
i have friends who were actually born in foreign countries and went to american schools while growing up there..... some of them grew up in those countries to the age of 18 and beyond yet never even learned to speak that countries language..... .....american schools overseas are pretty good at keeping kids of american citizens grounded in american ideology...... and the kids really are kept mostly isolated from the hosts country culture....... especially it;s religion and politics..... ......

Good point!

Was his school in Indonesia "American" or "English Speaking Indonesian" for aristocrats?  That could be significant.  I don't know enough to be sure.

i don;t know the name of it..... but i have been told is that the first school he attended in jakarta was catholic and was established by a priest from the netherlands..... they taught in english and were actually very progressive compared to most catholic schools.... .. but contrary to what some say......  he was only in indonesia 3 years..... and prior to moving there he actually went to kindergarten right here in hawaii ..... the second most exclusive private school here... noelani....

Pretty good for a mother on food stamps!

Tarheel Baptist said:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/04/im-just-asking-a-question-rush-limbaugh-reveals-what-hes-always-wondered-about-obama/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Because he is a politician. The "church" Obama belonged to on the south side of Chicago was well known, large, influential, and counted Oprah among its members for a long time. A young and ambitious "community organizer" put a finger to the wind when he moved into town and joined a church where he could see and be seen.

Obama obviously doesn't believe anything, or care about Christian theology. Such is evident from the doctrines espoused by said "church" and by Obama's actions as president.